Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.
View all Marriott International, Inc. reviews

Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Review

The most magical place to work

I started at the Marriott Leeds as a young 16 year old college student on a work placement, and I couldn't have been more fortunate to be placed in such a wonderful hotel. I felt so much warmth and love and support from all those around me, so eager to help me grow and develop. You are empowered to take accountability and responsibility for your actions, giving you the ability to go above and beyond for your guests, amazing recognition scheme and fantastic benefits/staff rates. Marriott truly is a company which values and cares for its associates, we are listened to and valued and appreciated. Associate appreciation day every year is like Marriott Christmas, everyone is celebrated and celebrates each other. Marriott culture is so uplifting and empowering, every day I woke up as excited to head to the hotel as the guests, I thrived from the experience I gained at the Marriott and blossomed into a wonderful career. I think if I started anywhere else I wouldn't have the same genuine passion, energy and enthusiasm for the industry and could not have been prouder to work for such a company. I used to walk around the city centre on my lunch break in my uniform just to show it off! The opportunities within the company are endless and everyone around you has the same common goal, to make it memorable for the guests. Often if companies tell you they are 'like a family' this can be a huge red flag, but when a company really is like a family they don't feel the need to say it and I never heard that phrase at the Marriott, yet I knew every face in the building and spoke with everyone I -

Pros

Free meal on shift, Living wage, Community culture, Endless opportunities, Great rewards and benefits package.

Cons

Not as much recognition/award opportunities for casuals(0 hour contracts).

I love with my work

I have done diploma in Air conditioning and refrigation I have good skills about chiller and ahu and refrigerator and chiller reading and well maintained ppm work on timmly menner all cold room fire systems guest room fcu and ahu and all kinds of package unit window types ac split ac etc

Its more fun working here at Courtyard by Marriott at Kuwait City

It's awesome to work in this company as food and accommodation are free. Plus accommodation is only few minutes walk from the working place. Ever since I joined this company it benefited me as I can send few amount at my home. Above all I got many experiences by working here. I'm just a housekeeping attendant but learnt many by seeing and observing others working.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

Cons

Quite low salary compared to other companies in Kuwait plus service charge only after every 3 months

A great place to build the career

It was a great experience working with Sheraton Kuwait. I have started my Sheraton life in 2012 as a reservation agent and in 4 years I have become a shift leader and a supervisor in anothe one year.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • The most magical place to work