Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 562 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Great experiences

Enjoyable job meeting new people from all walks of life and getting to know others stories. Management is stellar and genuinely cares for all staff members well being. Co-workers are amazing and are considered family.

Pros

great health and discounted hotel benefits

Cons

pay

Good company

Learn a lot. Flexible with schedule if you are in school or have a second job. Great environment and chance to learn different positions that can help you succeed.

Busy environment

Management definitely keeps staff busy and is always looking at the next goal. Management is well intended but sometimes misses the mark. Well compensated for the work i I do

40 year career

I loved working at the Marriott Customer Engagment Center UNTIL Marriott purchased Starwood. The Marriott I went to work for IS NOT the Marriott I retired from. Purchasing Starwood was a HUGE mistake and our loyal Marriott guests know it.

Pros

Great Benefits, fair pay, open door policy

Cons

Changed after Starwood became part of Marriott, had to take phone calls after years of email only

Good and bad, overall tiring

Management sometimes is MIA when you truly need them. Job pay is fair but it’s mostly because of the Union at the hotel. If it weren’t for them we’d probably be paid pennies. The guests are good for the most part, but then there are some nightmare ones. The work is repetitive and dull, but it’s not bad. Coworkers are great, we treat each other like family.

Pros

Lunch is provided free of charge

Cons

No free parking for employees

Great place to hone your call center skills.

I loved working for this company. The pay was alright, and there are plenty of roles to get into. They hire internally as well so once you go in you are treated to a plethora of different roles.

Pros

Treated as like as a part of family.

Cons

Breaks are short.

Busy , interesting, if you like hospitality business it is amazing.

It is a dynamic work, there are possibilities of autonomy, although the basic responsibilities and tasks in the working day are the same, each day is different.Very good benefits, certain properties have contracts with the union that improves the benefits.

Pros

Free lunches, good employee rate for booking hotels, you save money, the company give you uniforms.

Cons

24/7 work holidays, overnight, week ends

Fun people!

Fine place to work but not very much escalation. Pay is not as equitable to the job! Abrupt changes to policies that make it hard for you to do your job every day the customers will never really a problem the culture was never a problem.

Pros

Environment

Cons

Pay, and structure

Good

Good company to work for very happy that I am here would recommend. Fun culture diverse group of people to work with. No downsides from where I can see

Originally it was starwood and a great place but has gone downhill since marriott took over

It used to be a Starwood call center untill of 2018 when marriott took over the company and merged. Now the call center is under marriott and its a mess, No flexibly with work schedules, very stressful management doesnt care. They fire a quarter of there staff one month then have problems being to busy the next 5 months cause no one wants to apply any more.

Pros

Hotel discounts, but hard to use since they are rarely available

Cons

strict call outs, strict management, no flexibility not much room for growth or to spend time with family, rude guest

Just do it!

Best company to work for!! If it wasn't because of the pandemic I would still be working there!They are awesome, there were always willing to help me with bettering my skills.

Pros

Oportunidad para crecer

Cons

Covid

Great Place to work!

This is a great company to work for! The work life balance can be very hard sometimes with upper management not caring if you ever go home. But still, a good company.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Work life balance

Very good learning experience

Can grow in this company. Willing to work with employees if you a emergency within your family. Teacher in class will work with you until you understand their program.

Pros

Care about employees

Cons

System

OKay place but could be better

Have high demands for a job that has a lot of customer interaction. Pay should be higher for the stress of the customers. If you have to the right manager they are helpful.

The only thing good about this company was weekly pay.

Calls are back to back. Hours suck. Some of the supervisors were very rude. No one cares unless you’re part of their little clique . They show favoritism loud and clear.

Pros

Weekly pay

Employee Care

Prior to the change in HR management, the workplace was tense and stressful. Employees were expected to know skills they were not trained or hired for. However, the new HR manager listened to me and my coworkers and helped us develop our careers.Problems still reside in the treatment of the newer front desk staff from upper management.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks, management discoordination

Too many changes & not for the better

Might be a while before everyone gets on the same page. Systems never work, coworkers are awesome. A lot of the good managers are gone. No consistency

Wonderful

Security is great. The employees are versatile and all greets you like family. It’s a welcoming place and you feel how great the environment is when you first walk in. Management is great, schedule is flexible, benefits are wonderful.

Pros

Weekly pay, dental and health benefits, HR helps you progress in your career with the company

Look elsewhere

Marriott is a BUSINESS! Period! All they care about is making money for the executive team not the real workers!!!Look elsewhere! If your lucky Hilton is hiring!

Marriott sucks

They don’t care about customers nor their employees. Their goal is to get the guests off the phone as quickly as possible. If you are a customer service representative you have little to no power of what you can help with

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Not a very great place to work

Working at Marriott International made me feel like I was in high school again. We are strictly monitored at all times and are not allowed to take restroom breaks without being chastised if they go over a certain amount of time. There were two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch depending on your shift and the last call you had before break. The customers were insufferable and though you may enforce the rules given to you, the managers would usually placate the customer in the end giving them what they asked for. The managers had favorites and would frequently bad mouth employees within earshot of others.

Pros

Downtime

Cons

short breaks, healthcare, lack of upward mobility

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Customer Service Representative