Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 562 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Great experiences

Enjoyable job meeting new people from all walks of life and getting to know others stories. Management is stellar and genuinely cares for all staff members well being. Co-workers are amazing and are considered family.

Pros

great health and discounted hotel benefits

Cons

pay

Toxic

Worst company would have been better staying a starwood MArriott blows.Everyything was taken away pay benefits they talk about ohow there the best how can be the best when u take everything we worked hard to get away?

People at Gaylord Opryland

Loved the friends I made there. Enjoyed talking with the people staying at Gaylord Opryland. The place was beautiful. I loved the sights and scenes when walking to lunch through the Atrium. Loved talking with the people staying there when walking through Gaylord Opryland.

Pros

sometimes free lunch

Low pay dead end

My manager was nice but the other people who work there are viscous. The pay sucks and there was no room for advancement and no benefits. The hotel guest are nice at least

Easy going... but anxiety ridden

While in employment through Marriott, I faced constant anxiety attacks due to being berated by guests. While i tried to brush this off, it ended up being too much for me and as a result, I left.

Fun place to work

I worked there as a barista and a busser. Management openly let me train in other fields I was interested in. Very knowledgable staff who make work a very fun place to come to.

Excellent

Scottsdale team awesome group to work with. met all daily, monthly goals Great perks, supported all hotels domestic and international Friendly staff

Pros

Hotel discount

flexable hours

flexible hours and vacation but bonuses were hard to attain. i dont care to write a review but im required to so im just going to keep typing until i get 150

productive and great place to work

Fast paced. Very employee oriented. Positive reinforcement. Advancement opportunities were boundless. Management was fantastic. The most diificulty part of the job was adjusting to every call in record time. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the members to make them happy

Messy

The Austin ccc is an absolute horror to work at. The management pick favorites and if they don’t like you for a petty reason they will do everything in their power to make your job miserable. The HR staff do not care about your problems only their friends problems. And everyone there is a moron. Literally some of the managers only are there because they slept their way up or brown nosed. Everyone only cares about themselves. It’s a super toxic work environment

Pros

Cons

Management is stupid

Terrible attendence policy

Job is alright but the attendence policy is not lenient at all! They usually don't take excuses even if medically related. The pay was good but their policies aren't written clearly so you can get fired easily.

Fun loving bunch, nice people to work with.

Marriott began using a new booking system before it was anywhere near being ready to be launched and before employees were give proper training on it.

I learned a lot about the hospitality industry. Enjoyed my time working there and everyone there was very friendly. Every department works differently. For instance when i was in AYS your schedule was based on how long you have been in the department. So the people with seniority would get to pick their days and hours.

Not what was promised..

I was hired for a front desk agent. Instead I was put in a back room answering phone calls because I “ had a nice and pleasant voice”. No training or mention of becoming a front desk agent.

N/a

Smoothly ran job but you take so many calls per day with no break at all what so ever so if that's what you are looking for go for it some of the supervisors are rude.

Overall good job at decent pay

A typical day included taking incoming calls, making reservations, canceling reservations, and helping customers with their accounts. I learned how to work at a call center and take the steps to make customers happy. Most of the management was easy to work for/with.

Pros

opp. for bonuses

Cons

system malfunctions

I enjoyed the culture of Marriott International

I enjoyed the culture at the Marriott. There was always a training class and opportunities for growth. The management team was like a family to the employee always there to help.

New management from corporate to the call centers and hotels

New, incompetent and inexperienced managers were hired. They try to bully, and push their weight around. Micro management is bad! Your manager will dig and dig to find any reason, no matter how small to fire you if they do not like something/anything about you-even after the decade of committed loyalty and highly intellectual knowledge of all aspects of job. They will approve vacation for you, then revoke it after flights and all arrangements have been made. Shift bidding is a nightmare.

benefits

Cons

micromanagement, pay, ability to count on vacation time, always under threat of losing your job

Customer Service Agent at Marriott

I spent the day catering to the guests and their needs. Advising guests of activities in the city and even outside the city. I was in charge of helping guests with their luggage and parking their automobiles.

productive working environment

productive working environment , friendly people . work at home available if earned . unlimited overtime available 30 min lunch two 15 min breaks

Really loved this job!!

Due to health reasons I had to leave this job, awesome group to work with locally and a great company that really cares for its staff. Really regret having to leave my position.

Pros

Benefits, full time great company

Cons

None that I know of

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?