Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 562 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Great experiences

Enjoyable job meeting new people from all walks of life and getting to know others stories. Management is stellar and genuinely cares for all staff members well being. Co-workers are amazing and are considered family.

Pros

great health and discounted hotel benefits

Cons

pay

The job was organized and unprofessional. They didn’t like to work with there employees schedules. People stayed sick in the environment. There where no communication skills.

Awesome people

I was grateful to worked with Marriott/Starwoodhotels for 3 years. The people I've worked with are awesome, nothing beats the teamwork spirit. My supervisor is an amazing person and very supportive and take cares of her team. Employee perks are awesome as well! Thank you for the opportunity given to me.

Pros

employees perks and benefits

Cons

can be stressful dealing with people's complains sometimes

Great

Excellent place to work and learn would love to advance in this company excellent environment great learning group to advancement I hope to be promoted

Work At Home

Mostly you take hotel reservations, but in my time with Marriott I started as Worldwide reservation specialist then moved to the Platinum Desk and ended on the Customer Care Desk

Productive fun place to work

I liked working there ,The training was excellent we received about 6 weeks it was very hands on ,I loved the environment it was very relaxed basically come do your job to the best of your ability and they will acknowledge you .They have our weekly incentives it was a great place .

Pros

The whole job

Cons

Pay

Super fun

Marriott reservations was my funnest job. I received inbound calls to make reservations the more reservations you make you get an incentive. They always had parties and feeding the employees foods. It was a great job.

Fun workplace/Poor management

The HR department when I was there had several fun incentives. We would play games at meetings and would win nice prizes. Management has favorites and allow some things with certain employees but reprimand others.

Cool environment plenty of things to keep busy

I would suggest having a set schedule morning, mid day or late night. It is a bit tiring working a different range of shifts each week. Customer service people skills required

fun work place

they really care about the coustmers and they care about the you too they have fun activites to keep youi busty on the phone like coloring or cards if uou have the right sup

Management needs to stop walking all over people.

The job would have been fantastic if there was a better work life balance and management didn't screw over employees on a whim. The pay was also too low.

Happy customers

Answering phone with a smile! Handling guests needs from beginning to end. From reservations, rewards department, as well as customer complaints. Marriott is always changing to keep up with the times meant lots of training. I started working at the call center and graduated to working from home. I loved working with a variety of people on the phone.

Pros

People

Cons

Could not relocate

Not my pace

Wasnt a bad job just not for me i can bot sit behind a desk all day i need to move around also when i was there they were making lots of changes so very un organized.

Fun place to work

It’s a family friendly company, family oriented, a lot of benefits, job security, vacations time pay, sick time, 401k, you can work and help at different departments.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Marriott is a great company

I love working there. They have a great team of co workers, management, and policies. A typical day at work is answering incoming calls and assisting with any request, concerns or questions they may have. I learned so many things and there are too many to mention. They have a site you can go to if you need information about anything. Very resourceful. The hardest part about the job is the systems go down for maintenance or for whatever reason but you still have to be available to answer the calls and ask guests to call back in a few hours while we troubleshoot the issues

Pros

job security

Cons

fast paced... you have to keep up

Stressfull environment like over the top.

This was a ok job for the time being till marriot started to take over then it got worse management policy started to change and it all went down hill was great at the start if your looking for a job it's ok for temporary but I wouldn't suggest it as a permanent job. People quit a lot or get fired.

Pros

Discounts, lots of time off

Cons

Horrible management, lack of training

i moved out of the state

i was working there as banquet than .and i was happy i learn a lot of things how to work smart not hard i learned how to team up with the rest to get the job done and do the events well.

Poor management...from top to bottom.terribe

Poor team..poor management..General Manager is changing consistently also assistant manager... They go and come as they want no set constant schedule for him or his agm..Both has not had prior experience in being a manager of a hotel.. The General manager allows employee children to be there every day.. they partake in the breakfast daily that is offered to guests.. Their children stand behind the front desk while guests are present.. they play on hotel computer..They are also along with their mothers as they clean rooms .. The head housekeeper brings her child to work daily then leaves for 45 minutes to take her to school..not fair for people that are on hourly pay.. she is salaried..not a very well managed hotel..

Pros

Discount on rooms..

Cons

Poorly managed hotel..forever changing staff..

They will write you up for anything

I love working with customers & Helping Their needs. But it can be a little stressful some if the managers don’t appreciate the hard we put it & the new changes in company is driving me away

Marriott Reservations- Relaxed and fun

I loved working at Marriott Reservations. Very relaxed and fun. I enjoyed speaking to different people from everywhere...going everywhere. If the call volume was high the calls came in quickly but other than that the pace was relaxed. This job had many pros such as very nice hotel discounts, medical, and free life insurance. The only thing that some may not like is the fact that you have to bid on your schedule about every 2-3 months. Attendance, Sales and a few other things determine your likelihood of getting the schedule you want at Marriott.

Pros

Hotel Discounts

Cons

You have to bid for your schedule about every 2-3 months

Terrible job

Don’t work here. It was a horrible experience, understaffed, customers on hold for 30-40 min at a time. Management was terrible, they ruined my hours. Underpaid me on 2 pay checks in a row.

Pros

A lot of hours

Cons

Everything.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Customer Service Representative