Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 1,443 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,137 reviews

Great Place to work

Great place to work, awesome perks, dealing with guest can be great meeting people from all over. One thing that got to me was that I like to be more active and at times the front desk can be at slow and boring.

Pros

Hotels all over

Cons

Can be slow and boring

Working at Marriott is ok

What I learned is the workplace culture, is that different departments may have different cultures. You can't expect every department to have the same attitude or perspective on everything. The main goal is that in the end, you all have the same vision in serving customers.As far as the job, it is ok. The best part of working at the Marriott were the people I worked with. Some were directors or managers, but mostly, the people in the trenches: banquests, front desk...etc

Pros

Brand recognition, diverse group of clients

Cons

Lack of substantial pay increases, no real career development

Since the schedule is rotational, I expected my work-life balance to be a little off kilter (especially working first and second shift) but since we’re short-staffed, keeping a couple days off feels nearly impossible sometimes. Pay is kinda low but for now it’ll do, I like my coworkers, but the actual job isn’t for me.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Work/life balance, pay

No means to EVER advance, be appreciated or paid more.

No means to EVER advance, be appreciated or paid more, not considerate of peoples schedules and favoritism is very bad in the hospitality field as well, ABSOLUTELY hate favoritism.

Great job

I worked with great people from around the world. The front desk management was great. The training was very thorough. The pay was good. Cafeteria and parking available.

Pros

Coworkers, management

Cons

Grumpy guests

Great place to work if you love communicating

awesome place to work , love being around the people & the atmosphere is also great. The manager is the sweetest. I highly recommend this place to friends

A Dumpster Fire of a Company

This was my first and last front desk position. The work was easy enough. Check people in and out, customer service, light cleaning, etc. Management was an absolute joke. I wasn’t aware that in my job description I would also be a therapist to an “office manager” who liked to inappropriately complain about his love life. I have never felt so uncomfortable at a job. The number of bedbugs present at the hotel is about the same as the passive aggressive, unprofessional, and absolutely ridiculous things you have to deal with on a daily basis from both management and coworkers. Do yourself a favor, and apply somewhere else.

Pros

Experience as an untrained relationship counselor

Could be overwhelmimg

Working at a hotel as a front desk agent can have its challenges. The hotel its open 24/7 so the hours sometimes are overwhelming. I was full time and if you are new you almost always work weekends

Pros

Free food

Cons

Overworked

Great environment to sharpen your customer service skills.

The Marriott is great company to learn and sharpen your customer service skill. Great entry level job with very good perks. Lots of opportunity no matter where you live in the world.

Front-desk associate position was great, but it probably depends on location

I worked as a front-desk associate at a Marriott-managed Townplace Suites location. The job is not too demanding once you get a feel for the routine. My location was not particularly high-volume, so there were many additional tasks I was asked to perform that weren't necessarily typical for a front desk associate, but overall I loved my time there. My co-workers and management team were pretty great, but I would imagine that the entire opinion of this position could change drastically if those aspects were different.

Pros

Steady routine

Cons

Unpredictable guests, mediocre pay, varied hours

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Front Desk Agent positions
See more jobs

Productive environment and many opportunities

It was very nice working experience to be able to work at Marriott international which is the most famous hotel brand in the world. Like other jobs there’re always stressful situations but If you are really willing to do and solve in a wise way, I am sure that anyone can enjoy this hotelier job

Pros

Free lunch, discounts

Cons

Short breaks, weekend and holiday work

No , they talk about others. Management very unprofessional

Poor team work. Poor management staff, rude people, not enough housekeepers, do have a bartender, cook,server,breakfast help...none. assistance management has absolutely no experience with front desk associate work at all. She didn't even know the program they used

Pros

Plenty of jobs available. Poor management

Cons

Poor management

Great Place to Start

Great job to work. The company was good overall. They did slot of fun things for employees. It was hard to be social and get to know coworkers because of course you have to be constantly available to take alarms, but they tried to make up for it with doing fun things fo employees. Things like food trucks, free food, and ways to win awards and prizes to keep up morale. Managers were nice and very lenient.

Pros

Free lunch, friendly staff

Cons

Short breaks, big departments

Good workplace just have to deal with the slack of other departments

Can be a good place to work if everything actually runs smoothly. Just have to deal with very needy guests sometimes. Work life depends on management.

Pros

Discounts

Privilege culture

Overload of work that will be highly scrutinized. More often than not, you will be reprimanded for the pettiest of mistakes the more so if your ethnicity is of a certain type in which case you can expect continuous disciplinary actions and write ups.Surprisingly; managerial culture leans to taskmaster style. Management teams are not people with professional training (in hotel management or business) neither multilingual individuals. It can be very difficult to explain to them decisions made based on Accounting principles, or market segmentation. They're not just there neither they are open to listen or learn. Contributions on how to increase financial performance will be lousily shut down by mgmt, only to have them implemented a few month later as mgmt's own process re-engineering.The company expects employees to apologize and be subservient to rude and abusive customers; especially those that booked wrong dates, room type, number of guests, etc. Zero accountability for lazy people who will not contribute to the daily operation, pointing this out will automatically label you as a problematic individual and a non-team player.The hardest thing to learn and witness: ethnicity plays a big role in your performance review and advancement.The most enjoyable part: you meet nice colleagues and there is good camaraderie.

Pros

If you like to travel, employee discounts do make a difference, for good.

Cons

Ethnicity plays a big role in professional growth regardless of credentials

Hectic place to work for

Covid really changed everything. Guests have been horrible at understanding that we are still recovering from a pandemic. They have no problem telling you how it is all your fault and CORPORATE will here about this.

Pros

management team super nice and helpful

Cons

entitled and rude guests

Fun workplace

I was a part of grand opening so it was exciting and fun. The gm is really nice and kind. Helps and answer every questions and needs. Staff are very fun to work with. No drama.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Location : airport

Not properly trained and thrown into the mix

People were friendly but when I asked for more training I was denied and let go I applied for front desk job and they offered me a handyman job and I did some of the hardest jobs no one ever did very demeaning

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

No breaks, …not even close to enough training and the whole computer system sucks it’s over 20 years old

Good place good people

Fair management and good company culture. No issues or problems I could report. Every one got their job done and was efficient. Would definitely recommend to others.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Money

Entry level hospitality

High benefits, very low pay for job description, poor management, and total disregard to employees. Best perk discounted hotel stays and free lunch offered. Be prepared to be micro-managed and lack of diversity and inclusion.

Pros

free lunches and discounted hotel stays

Cons

30min breaks

great location / Negativity in the front desk team and management

Resigned before 90 days/inefficient management failed to provide me proper training Informed Manager about issue with difficult PMS/Did not help me. Unfriendly superficial FD play favoritism unprofessional Management & NO EFFECTIVE TRAINING PROGRAM

Pros

Free lunch, business was good so your work hours are safe

Cons

Unprofessional Management, lazy FD Manager, moody Accountant, Filthy front desk & offices

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Front Desk Agent