Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 1,448 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,195 reviews

Great Place to work

Great place to work, awesome perks, dealing with guest can be great meeting people from all over. One thing that got to me was that I like to be more active and at times the front desk can be at slow and boring.

Pros

Hotels all over

Cons

Can be slow and boring

Full Service

It's great place to work. Located in the middle of the city which makes it easy to commute to work. The energy is great and staff help one another most of the time.

Pros

Easy to get work. Pay is decent.

Cons

Not a full 8hr day. Just 7.5 hrs. That 30 mins a day add up.

Great

Working with lots of other people from different backgrounds, and along with guest have been the best experience. What I’ve learned from the years working was that it always best to achieve and set goals.

Productive work days and busy atmosphere

I had the opportunity to work face to face with our clients during check in and check out. However, we were very understaffed and therefore had to work more hours than I had suspected when taking the job.

Sometimes

Since few months I've been working at this Marriott property, 2 employees have left. It's a good place to work. I feel not a whole lot of good communication around the work area. No one is on the same page. I have been given a project & was on this project for about 3 weeks., Lo and behold I come into work & find out someone else in different department says that they are taking over.NOT COOL! THEY should ask!!. Just saying!

It’s average

I love Marriott in grapevine, the management was terrible. The guest made me happy and they were extremely appreciative. The pay could’ve been better (I’m very experienced). Overall other than the manager & poor pay, it was great.

productive and fun workplace

Place is a tourist destinations so was always fun and challenging. Working with them was a great experience. It was a fun learning environment and where you can learn a lot about people's culture.

Great place to work if you love meeting new people. The management is good and the coworkers are great once you get past your differences. It’s awesome to work at this location, especially during football season.

Great Company

I loved everything about this company. The people were friendly and my coworkers were too. The fact that there was no room to excel or shall i sat bk promotions with this job. Just a hourly pay.

Fun Social Workplace

Excellent job opportunity, well laid out standard operating procedures. professional and caring management that takes care of their employees and customers.

Good Fun Fast paced Friendly Environment

Meeting new people from different states and Countries ..Management worked with you most times showing you proper care for customers. I learned new systems and new computer software..

Beautiful environment in downtown Orlando , close to everything

I really enjoyed the team atmosphere and the mostly wonderful guests. Compensation was subpar compared to other companies but it was adjusted after I left. Good first hotel job.

Productive, family friendly workplace

Ability to meet some great guests from all over the country. Clean, pleasant environment with a great GM and supervisory staff. The owners are also very friendly and personable.

Pros

40 hours week, friendly, great management & owners

Cons

no lunch, can't leave desk easily, lots of standing

Providing hotel guest with a exceptional stay

One of Marriott's goals it ensure it's guest experiences a wonderful stay. We provide guest with clean suite style rooms with complementary WiFi, hot and cold buffet breakfast, exercise room and business center.

it is a good place to work if you are just needing a job not to move up or benifits

it is a great place to work if you like dealing with public and helping people and I do but the benefits and pay are the worst in the area. management changes every time wind blows. the computer systems are from back in 80s but what I understand all of the Marriott's are on that old system ?

Good company

It was a fun environment, that offer great benefits and lasting friendships. Management was very hard to deal with, as a nothing was ever good enough.

Springhill Suites by Marriott

I work for an amazing company that offers great benefits. I work a good schedule for me and the pay is equally beneficial. The location is just an issue at times and it would be beneficial in multiple ways if I could work closer to home.

Productive and Fun Place to Work

I have worked for Marriott for over 4 years now for multiple brands and I would recommend it to anyone who loves working in customer service. Every day is different and there are a lot of problems to solve.

Marriott

This company had room for advancement and was considerate of my work and home life balance. Great benefits and raises as well. This company also encourages you to give back to the community.

job sucks

this company sucks . they provide a bad insurance for employees which you pay but does not cover anything at all. they have favorites employees. if you do not belong to that circle yo are out. no matter how good ro bad you could be

Over work you and then let you go

After working weeks of overtime, there was a discrepancy for a clock out during lunch where I took an extra 15mins for lunch due to the amount of hours I had been working that week. I agreed to work as much OT as I could, that was 10-12hr shifts weekly for 1.5 months with over 35 hrs in OT at least and because I could not explain the 15 extra minutes they let me go. This was the weekend before I was to leave for vacation which I had to cancel due to unemployment.

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Front Desk Agent