Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 1,448 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,195 reviews

Great Place to work

Great place to work, awesome perks, dealing with guest can be great meeting people from all over. One thing that got to me was that I like to be more active and at times the front desk can be at slow and boring.

Pros

Hotels all over

Cons

Can be slow and boring

Amazing

Always a great learning experience working for the company. I worked in a number of different departments. Would love to continue my growth in the company if had the opportunity.

Great company to work for

They always keep you up to date on further training and advancement opportunities. I really enjoy the culture of this company/brand. The brand standards sets them apart from other brands.

Check guest in and out and assist with any inquiry.

I would greet my guest, check them in and out, and always make sure to assist them. I would also answer the phone, make reservations, and make sure I had a clean and organized work area.

Productive, fast paced with opportunities for growth

So much to take in, very fast paced with opportunities for growth. The staff members are all very welcoming and eager to help you grow within the company. I had the pleasure of being part of a wonderful team of amazing people.

Management was very understanding, Fun work environment

It was a fun work environment with amazing managers. Flexible work schedules with awesome clients. You do crossover in a little bit of concierge service.

Towneplace Suites is not "the move"

This hotel was not run by Marriott International, it was run by a management company under the name Champion. The management company did not care about its employees, offering terrible working rates and no benefits for full timers. While the local manager was terrific to work with, the management company would sometimes take weeks just to respond about a simple issue.

Great place to learn and work

It is a great place to work, the team work was amazing. You will definitely learn a lot of things in this place. Your superior will support you whenever needed

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day of work consisted of reservation confirmations or quotes on room rates, closely working with the housekeeping dept to check guests in early. I learned how to better use my customer service skills and maintain a professional environment. The hardest part was seeing regular guests upset and most enjoyable part was giving a family an upgraded room if it wasn't available at time of booking. I very much enjoyed the hotel industry.

The working environment is good.

The working environment is good. You can use the facilities after work. The benefit is pretty good too. You have sick time, personal time and vacation time. Just some of the coworkers wasn't that nice which cause quite a lot of pressure.

Yikes

I wasnt trained properly and left to deal with the job with little proper help. I was always joked about, the hiring manager left because they overworked her to the point of hospitalization with little pity. They expect far too much for how they treat you. Its sad how stressed everyone always is. The management is a big part of it, and for such seasoned members of Marriott, I would think they would know how to treat people.

Be careful

In my location, unless you're hispanic or a manager, you'll most likely be excluded and treated poorly by everyone else. They mess with your checks and never have your back, even when a guest/other employee is wrong. I was excited for this job, but they ruined it for me. I've never hated working at a job so much.

Pros

Discounts. Six month raise.

Cons

Your feelings/thoughts/opinions don't matter. They make it hard to transfer by giving bad reviews.

Busy and fun environment

It's exciting to work at such a well known company and I enjoy meeting new people from all around the world. The only downside would be that the hours can be long.

Good and Bad

This job has some amazing people in house, though some are unqualified to be in their position. The bad part is how critical the property manager is about lowering the employment costs. It's not fun to be at the bottom of this totem pole.

Pros

discount

Cons

poor pay structures

Interesting Position

99% of hotel guests were provided by Manitoba Medical. Different workplace culture however gained hospitality experience. Hardest part of the job was security concerns.

enjoyable

everyone was joyful excited to come to work we moved as one unit it was fast paced and nothing but competition trying to make each other better I learned to depend on co workers don't try and do everything myself. management was supportive and always attentive to all employees. my coworkers were the most enjoyable part of the job.

Would not recommend

Very poor management & little support. Communication sucks. Team work is very low priority. Under payed. Deal with a lot of entitled, disrespectful, and rude guests.

Good place Concierge

Slow some time but good place to work friendly people great discounts on rooms eating is free great management I love it but needed more hours and money

Terrible Management

Everywhere you go, you're going to find managers who just don't care about their employees. And nowhere was that more evident than at the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront. The managers did not want to assist and stayed in the back. They only appeared when their managers or high profile guests were present. The back of the house is absolutely filthy. Fruit flies and garbage everywhere.

Fun place to work. Friendly management. At times it can be a little stessful.

I love working at the Marriott. I get along with everyone. I've learned a lot working here. It can be very stressful at times & very fast passed. Great Management.

loved being with Marriott

great place to work with great employees and managers. everyone works together and is treated fairly and equally, like coming in to work and there were great benefits.

Pros

great employee discounts

Cons

was taken over by new management.

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Front Desk Agent