Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 1,443 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Great Place to work

Great place to work, awesome perks, dealing with guest can be great meeting people from all over. One thing that got to me was that I like to be more active and at times the front desk can be at slow and boring.

Pros

Hotels all over

Cons

Can be slow and boring

Easy

I was offered a full time position but was used as a temporary employee to fill in for someone on vacation. I was told this after working for a few days at the location by a co-worker but told something else by manager.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Deception

Flexibility & cross training

Gave me an opportunity to meet different ppl. It gave an opportunity to learn about the hotel industry. Got a chance to cross train in different departments.

Pros

Flexible schedule & location

Pretty average

A typical day consisted of greeting and assisting guests check-in while also handling phone calls and general back office work. Guest experience will obviously depend on location, so keep that in mind. Well-treated guests will return the favor, although some feel as if the benefits the loyalty program provides have decreased in qualify over time.

Pros

Discounted rooms

Cons

Guest experience varies

I loved it.

I had no complaints honestly. Great place to work. Great pay. Great benefits. Great management. Great work culture. Loved everything about this place.

Good benefits

Excellent company to work for. Co workers are great. Management is excellent except for 1 or 2 people. Very unfair. Only 1 really needed a ethics class and proper management training.

Good job to bulid people skills

Friendly co-workers, met a wide range of guests with different attitudes, and learned how to deal with stressful encounters. Overall a good company to work for.

Pros

Free lunch, employee discounts on hotel rooms, insurance, 401K, good company culture

Cons

Rude guests, slow season, work on weekends

Productive and fun workplace

Front desk is my first job, when I was live in France and I was student get a job wasn't easy but my boss give me this job for help me. This adventure opening much opportunities in 9 years I have get much experience.

Pros

Free for the team

Cons

Healthcare, long break

Great Company

I have worked for Marriott for almost 3 years now, and I love it. great benefits as well. the work culture is very inclusive, and they hire people from all walks of life.

I Love Marriott

I am writing this in quarantine times after my furlough. I had only been there for a year.Got to experience working at Long Beach Renaissance (CA) and Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach. I loved every moment. This company knows the true meaning of hospitality through authenticity. I reached a new potential in the one year I worked there, both as an individual and as an employee. Such a strong and beautiful people culture, so warm and inclusive. With them you are not just a number, they REALLY make you feel like family. You want to work here. #wewilltravelagain

Pros

everything

Cons

not currently hiring

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Front Desk Agent positions
See more jobs

Meeting new people from across the globe.

Working at the front desk, you start to meet people from all over the world. It's really fun to get to know them and learn about their culture. It would get a lot of people at one time but other than that it's a great place to work!

Being the first point of contact

I enjoy working at this company because I was the first point of contact and met different types of people on a daily basis. I assisted guest checking in or checking out of the hotel. Answer all questions in regards to places to visit or eat or simply questions in regards to the hotel. I also helped with directions to specific places.

A place where everyone respect your work and help you grow

There are lot to say about this brand. But in some words, its my pleasure working for this brand. Its already been 6 years I am associated with it and I am sure will continue working till I retire.

Pros

Many

Cons

Very less salary in India

Pretty good job - not the best but it's a good placeholder

Job was easy and simple to catch onto. Training was all computer based which is useless. Coworkers make or break the workplace. Having good communications set up between the different departments is a must. The only systems they allow you to use go down sometimes (more often than they should). You will get yelled at by guests for things out of your control. You will have to deal with all complaints. You will have to deal with drunks if bars are nearby. You will have to deal with homeless people sneaking in to sleep in the corners of the hallways. You will have to deal with people going against rules like smoking in the rooms or pooping on the floors. If your coworkers are fun and dependable, as well as your management, you will enjoy it better. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because the management team felt like friends and looked after us to the best of their ability and my coworkers were all great people. The only reason I am leaving Marriott in the near future is because I'm sick of dealing with self-entitled guests. So the job itself is really nice, but the customers are trash.

Pros

Discounts at hotel stays

Cons

Self-entitled guests

Very diverse and fun

Marriott is a great company to work for. They take pride in making sure their associates are happy and taken care of. I loved their motto “put people first.”

Pros

Service, professional

Cons

Short breaks

Great company

Great business to be apart of. Only downside is they rather promote from outside then internally. But Marriott is still a great place to work and meet new people. With the right people also more opportunities if you amongst the few.

Customer service

they tried having me work both 1st shift and 3rd shift in the same week. They tried making that my schedule when initially I only offered 1 shift. And assistant manager couldn't understand that I couldn't do both shifts and I eventually quit because I was just getting scheduled how she wanted.

Cons

Assistant manager sucked

Benefits

Would be a fantastic job if the management was more understanding and had empathy and sympathy towards some of her employees. If the management was more understanding and a lot nicer and cared about her employees I would have stayed longer. It doesn't cost nothing to be nice to people these days.

Pros

Guests

Cons

It’s a kool place to work

As a front desk agent, I was able to meet different people from all over the world. Check them in and out. The only bad thing is when we are over booked and the city is sold out we would have to find rooms for guest which some are understandable and well some are not. But we work it thru and the guest are usually happy about the outcome. And good thing I work with a great team that helps assist in assisting guest problems.

Pros

There is no free lunch at this property

Cons

You do have 30min break Off the clock and two 15min breaks

Low paying without any real opportunity for upward mobility!

Extremely low paying job for Front Desk and Night Auditor positions. Upward mobility is practically non existent. You would have to wait for someone to pass away to apply for a higher position. Even if that happens, the corporation always brings in an outsider instead of hiring from within.

Pros

You meet a lot of nice and kind people.

Cons

Short breaks, low pay, terrible hours, horrible work life balance.

Hotel discounts, fair pay for hotel work.

As with most hotels you have to work 7 to 3 or 3 to 11 shift or you might have to do an overnight shift.Guests that come in the weekend can be demanding. Late shifts do not have much help at the front desk As it’s a Skelton crew, typical hotel job.

Pros

Hotel discount, health care, You never have to wonder want to wear because you have a uniform

Cons

it’s a problem if somebody calls out sick, you have to work holidays

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Front Desk Agent
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?