Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 1,443 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,137 reviews

Great Place to work

Great place to work, awesome perks, dealing with guest can be great meeting people from all over. One thing that got to me was that I like to be more active and at times the front desk can be at slow and boring.

Pros

Hotels all over

Cons

Can be slow and boring

Taxing workplace with flexible scheduling

The atmosphere during work was very reliant on the type of customers and the business of the day. As with all customer service jobs, the type of customer can make or break the day. In my experience, the front desk team was very amicable and forthcoming to new members, but it was difficult to find positions for advancement.

Pros

Free food during break

Cons

Demanding culture

Beware

To much favoritism at this Marriott. Beware....if you rub the manager making the schedule the wrong way, you will probably have a horrible schedule weekly. Don’t take a vacation, because when you get back, you’ll pay by working like 8 days in a row. There is very little empathy from some of the management staff, if you aren’t well, some managers will still write you up from missing work, unless you’re a favorite. They say we are a team or a family, yet they have forked tongues because they show favoritism towards some staff causing division. Why are managers and employees hanging out? That m, to me, is unprofessional. Supervisors having inappropriate relationships with employees? Making sure said employees has what they request in the way of schedules and requests off. So I guess, become a favorite and you’ll be just fine. Micromanagement is the norm if you are not a favorite. Repeatedly stating the same thing over and over as if you are stupid and lack common sense. Get written up for the dumpiest things possible...because someone didn’t fill out a drop envelop the right way???? So much control from some managers, you feel like you can’t do anything right...feel like your just a body filling space until someone else comes along and replaces you. Family? Team?? So delusional if you ask me. So many people I have trained have told me about the attitude of one particular manager who is so controlling and micromanaging. They end up leaving under weird circumstances, not because they don’t want to work, but because this particular manager is controlling. There is no room for -

Pros

Benefits package

Cons

Mostly everything else

The Westin in the Woodlands

It was a good company to work for and opportunities to move up. Management could have used some work in the front office but it was a really good job to gain some much needed experience

Pros

Hours. Team. Flexibility. Job requirements

Oh my god

I worked at a Springhill Suites that Marriott basically just left high and dry. We weren't allowed to take breaks because they wouldn't schedule more than one person per 8-hour shift. We had to turn away people nightly because they'd constantly over-book the hotel, and our manager would leave for months at a time and be completely unavailable by email or phone. It was insane and to-date the worst job I've had.

Pros

i guess cheap hotel stays?

Cons

no breaks, pure chaos

Not worth the hassle

When I started working for this company everything was wonderful, but now it has become a money hungry operation. With Covid-19 around they’re not hiring any new employees so most of us that are still here are doing double and triple duties and not getting any more pay hours have been cut for costs but they’re bringing in more and more guests here. They do not care about your safety, only growing their pockets

Pros

Cons

All of it

Covid ruined everything

The company is famous for giving you a job with several sub jobs built in. They must have downsized and condensed alot of the positions years ago. Now with Covid the company laid everyone off so now the people who are left have even more work while the mgrs play on their laptops.

Pros

Direct deposit

Cons

Bad mgrs and too much work for 1 person

Former Employee

At first the job was great. Benefits are amazing. However, the front desk was not run smoothly. Management just comes from other departments and has zero clue how to do anything. They constantly overlook long time dedicated employees for advancement and bring in their own people. Compared to other hotels, they significantly underpaid the staff. They cut hours without telling you, so you go from working 40 to working 20 ir less.

Benefits

Cons

Bad Management

People

The people I worked with who taught me what I needed to know were amazing. One of the head people weren’t so great but I liked how it was all set up and how people wanted to be there

Pros

Other front desk people

Cons

Head manger

Fast-Paced, Rewarding Job

If you do well in high speed environments and love to please guests, this is a great job for you. There are a lot of incentives and teamwork as well as individual advancement opportunities.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Front Desk Agent positions
See more jobs

The Guest

I enjoy working with everyone. I have learned a lot about customer service,once again. I feel good about my skills and accomplishments with this company.

Worst place ever to work

Was a heritable place the manger and assistant manger was just rude did things under handed just would never do it agin I don’t recommend working here to any one

Great team

I always love being part of such an uplifting team. They helped me work around my school schedule and get my degree with in the two years I worked there. So much sadness when I had to leave the work environment.

Great culture and access to promotions

The workplace culture is wonderful. Most people are very friendly. Want to move up in the company? Plenty of opportunities and encouragement from management. Continuing education is a big part of Marriott life. There is always something else to learn to impact the guests and other employees. Also many ways to learn how to perform new challenges before your next promotion. It's hard work, but lots of fun!

Good

It was a great opportunity to work for an amazing company. They had amazing staff and were so friendly and welcoming. Amazing place to work. It helped teach me how to have responsibility

Love it here!

Marriott is simply an awesome company to work for. I love my job, the environment, the management and the guests. I see myself here for a very long time.

Meet lots of new people from all over

The Westin offers great discounts and benefits. The starting pay is low, but you have opportunity to move up in the company. Lots of computer work and communicating with different people.

Pros

Meet new people, benefits, and great discounts

Cons

Long hours on feet, low pay

Great learning experience in hospitality.

Thankful for my experience at the Marriott, I learned a lot. Great opportunity to learn customer service from a company with strong ideals and attention to detail. Appreciated the learning experience.

Pros

Free lunches, great benefits, and international company.

Cons

Tough schedule at times.

Great company

Would work for Marriott anytime! It is my favorite employer I have had to date and am excited to return after this unfortunate pandemic of the covid-19

Excellent First Job

Starting your first job as a front desk agent is a great way to get started, especially at Marriott hotels. They offer a great amount of customer interaction and experience crucial for succeeding in other jobs. More than just a build in career skills, marriott connects you with people all over the world, either through other coworkers or the many business travelers and groups that come through the doors. Hotel jobs are a great way to get your career started, but be prepared to have bad days and horrible customer experiences on occasions

Bad management.

The only nice thing I have to say about working at the Marriott is I really enjoyed some of the guests and some of my coworkers. The management was bad, and didn't care about their employees.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Front Desk Agent