Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 1,443 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,137 reviews

Great Place to work

Great place to work, awesome perks, dealing with guest can be great meeting people from all over. One thing that got to me was that I like to be more active and at times the front desk can be at slow and boring.

Pros

Hotels all over

Cons

Can be slow and boring

Great!

Your typical day at the Little Rock Marriott will be very busy no matter which department you work in. There is always a lot going on (conferences, meetings, parties/balls, and they have the best of the best ensuring that it all goes down without a hitch. The management is great and really do all that they can to try and help everyone feel appreciated and valued and I feel as though that is a really big thing to a work environment. Despite being a constantly busy hotel, there is never a dull moment, and while management is strict on their policies, they are also fun and willing to work your schedule!

Pros

Free lunches, diverse culture

Cons

Prefer open availability

Unsupportive work environment

The job isn't all bad, but you should know that your managers will not protect you from guests and will put you at fault for guest issues whether you could have performed better or not. You will be yelled at and threatened for completing your job exactly as you were trained and then made to apologize by your managers. The only people who succeed in this business are cutthroats looking for the next promotion

Great Management

Marriott International is a very great work place for every hospitality practitioners. Great company and great people to work with. Worked in 2 full service Marriott Hotels and it is a really great experience.

All reward for loyal guests and no reward for loyal employees

This company was very disheartening to work for. I am a person who only knows how to go above and beyond everyday. This will go unrecognized and unrewarded by upper management. My immediate managers on duty were excellent however they were not treated well either. I watched 2 managers I consider friends develop anxiety attacks and mental health issues while I was there. The HR director as mentioned in a review below, is in fact very difficult to work with. A HR department is supposed to take issues in the work place and work together with the parties to find a solution. This HR department caused more problems than I saw it solve. I ended up bypassing the department all together and speaking directly yo the hotel manager. It wasn't worth the consequences causes by their departments incompetence. I worked 6 months over the summer and I worked 6-8 days straight when they were understaffed. They then over hired for the winter and cut my shifts to 4 days a week. They deduct ski pass payments and an increased winter rent from that too. I walked away with 300-400 a fortnight after tax. Not to mention they had myself and my fellow senior agents train these new staff members who'd take our hours. They did not ask if I was comfortable training or offer any pay rise for my extra responsibilities. If they had treated me better I'd have stayed and applied for permanent residency but the idea of being locked into them for even a season longer...Not even permanent residency is worth that

Love my role in this awesome company!!

Have been with Marriott 3 years have amazing insurance and in this time of unknown they have really stepped up!! You have the option to relocate to any property in the world!

Productive and a fun workplace.

Everyone there is very friendly, management personalities were definitely a plus. If you were hired for full time work you received full time work. A little understaffed.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Some things to sort out but that is expected because the hotel is still so new.

I look forward to going back

I am off work due to Covid 19 furlough. You get great benefits and time off is not usually avail. during the summer due to the heavy season. You can get time off but it's really able to get vacation during the summer.

Pay is a pittance compared to the work you do

On a typical day you arrive and either the shift will be so slow that you will be climbing the walls within an hour of being there or you will be so busy that you want to pull out your own hair out of frustration

The most comfortable working area I’ve work in so far

A typical day at Marriott is a meeting every morning when management is going over what is suppose to be done in the hotel.housekeeping also greet the guest and interact with them,

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Front Desk Agent positions
See more jobs

productive atomsphere

Typical day at work would involve daily meetings with all the hotel departments and we would talk about our daily goal for the day followed by a game of some sort for interaction with our other employees that we do not see daily.

Bad first job

Being treated like a nothing at a job is what nobody wants. Working at Marriott in Teachapi, CA. You will be over worked and barely talk to managers. They dont care about training you well enough and you will ALWAYS work alone.

Excellent place to work. Everyone one believes in team work. The only problem is, the census gets low sometime causing the employer to cut hours. Other than that, it is really a great place to work.

Big Dogs

Working for Ram I have to say prepared me full force to take on the position at Marriott. While the RAM property I worked at had 82 Rooms the Marriott has 177 Rooms and it is a full service. While at RAM Front Desk usually substitute for housekeeping and bellman the Marriott has it available 24/7 so the Front Desk can focus on just the front desk.

Stay far away

four points by sheraton fort lauderdale airport cruise port is the WORST hotel to work for, you have the tasks you are supposed to do and then they expect you to do a bunch of other stuff that's way out of your area of expertise. The pay is terrible, they don't offer any sick leave, paid vacation NOTHING, unless you're desperate don't apply here, they work you like a dog work very low pay and no incentives.

N/a

Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels or motels. Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation. Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers. Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or telephone switchboards. Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, guest registration, and travel directions, or make recommendations regarding shopping, dining, or entertainment.

Easy to work for

Good place to work people are easy to get along with.the benefits are excellent and the company is good with working with your schedule. I would recommend this place to anyone

Marriot is a great company to work for but you need a very strong, honest, leader!

I love working for Marriott! The benefits are great & the low prices on hotels with a variety of options is amazing! The only thing I would change is new management, they consistently change them so it causes dysfunction.

Pros

Health benefits & discounted rooms world wide

Cons

Constantly having new managers & management not being consistent.

Great team to work with at this hotel! Loved everyone and the leadership fully supported all employees.

I loved working at this hotel. It is a franchised hotel, and the management company is a great company to work for! I loved the property, the people I worked with and getting to help ensure guest's stays were great.

Pretty positive experience

It's a big company - Lots of personality types. My first manager was amazing, and helped other to succeed. Current manager wants to hold on to every employee, and not let them move up. Pretty discouraging. But the company is great to work for. Better place for young people to start then for someone with experience to move into.

See Below

*Leadership has challenges *Leadership does not treat employees with respect. * Lunch is required for all hourly employees. It seems that this can be overlooked if leadership is not scheduled to give breaks. * Bathroom breaks are challenging as well.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Front Desk Agent