Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 899 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,195 reviews

Supportive and Fun Environment

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.

Pros

Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance

Do not do it

With this business yes the customer is always right , but when will you ever be backed up ? If you don’t mind coworkers and guest being able to physically harm you then please sign up . The hours are terrible and unfair , lots of favoritism , if you want to cover all shifts because people are able to just call out and be late go for it.

Preffered when the company was SPG, but overall good

Management is completely supportive as well as the company. It was previously an SPG company before Marriott took over. SPG had many more benefits, but nothing great lasts forever! There is a lot of room for growth within the property and also within the company which is global.

Marriott is a great place to work. It's room for advancement.

Marriott a great place to work. It's room for advancement. I love how management push you to advance and want more. It's awesome. I been to several training classes and learned a lot. I'm moving towards my next step in just two years becoming a supervisor. I also met Mr. Richard Marriott.

n/a

very stable job, only problem is this site does not provide benefits for its employees. It also does not offer holiday pay. Not the most flexible with scheduling. The job itself is a good one.

worse ever

it was horrible dirty work enviroment wit no care for workers. a lot of nonsense and hate no one held true to Mr. Marriots core values ran down and horri

Good work place

good environment Marriott hotel provided the opportunity to gain more experience daily the staff was trained and provided with more knowledge i learned how to deal with clients the Guest Relations Tasks Checking in and checking out the guest procedure etc

Doesn't have five star environment

Employees are not having any five star or some times even less than that. Always work under pressure from the management without any particular reason. So, it's very much difficult to work in this odd situation.

Poor managment

Managment is horrible here Very shaky..kinda good pay but never room for advancment.also people steal and you have to be the on duty manager because the manager and supervisor take the same days off.

A nice place to work

Marriott is a good place to work. They offer a comprehensive benefits package that can fully compete with other hospitality industries. They also are very flexible with hours and steady work opportunity.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Guest Service Agent positions
See more jobs

Really good staff

At times can be fast paced, you're able to meet many new people. For the most part it's really nice place to work. All the unworthy managers are no gone.

Everything was good & for future growth i left.

Love to work with positive atmosphere and good team lead which we will have to build while working . Most of the one is integrity. Love to work with Marriott,

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Health Care Card

very good place to work

very good place to work for long term future.all policies are very nice.staff coperative and very friendly.work culture and timing needs to review time to time.

Great job at Navy Yard

Great managers, great collaboration with all departments. Well kept property. Opportunities to meet famous people in town as this property was located next to all 3 stadium. Would still be here if I hadn’t relocated.

Pros

Team efficiency, pay grade, discounts

Cons

Fluctuating schedule and shifts

Great place to start

Marriott has extremely good benefit and health insurance plan. A lot of challenges and mentor ship are provided here, depend on the property you are working for.

good place to work

great place to start learning in a larger environment, co-operative staff and management to help and teach throughout. great enthusiasm in team and highly collaborative.

Great Customer Service Philosophy

I loved working for Marriott International. I loved the benefits, that include discounts at nice Marriott properties and worldwide job opportunities. I genuinely miss the company. I moved and decided to advance my career in finances. I am always on the lookout for the right opportunity with Marriott International.

Stressful Work Environment

No chance of Career/Job Advancement Handle Guest Complaints/Issues Good Benefits, Lousy Pay Stressful Environment High Expectations Zero Communication

Good Start for Hospitality Career

The environment encourages growth if you feel you ready and willing to take on the responsibility. Tons of training is available, and managers are willing to teach you.

Works Day and team etc

Is too hard the work, the communication is too poor with the Hispanic or Latin people. I think so that they need more people in the administration that speak Spanish.

Great Hotel; Great Parent Company

Training is good for the job-Everyone helps each other out in learning and growing; Employees are great and everyone is motivated by monetary compensation which isnt exactly a bad thing; Could use more employees that are knowledgeable in a certain field and motivated by providing excellent Customer service

Pros

Collaborative work environment

Cons

Lack of Communication at times; Lack of people working

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Guest Service Agent
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?