Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 899 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,195 reviews

Supportive and Fun Environment

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.

Pros

Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance

Cons

The best place to work !

The best place to work ! Great learning experience in dealing with great cultures through the years with guest coming from different parts of the globe .

Productive and professional

When you work with professionals who work in Marriott you learn, you grow yourself as a professeional as well. It is amaizing to work with people who appreciate you and treat each and everyone with an exceptional respect

Fun relaxing place

Love working here, the staff is great and we all are like a family here. It’s an excellent place to work at. I recommend this job to anyone who is all about customer service and becoming a family

Great company

Marriott is a great company to work for. Competitive pay, great benefits, believe in taking care of the guest and they will take care of you. Like any other company, it has its moments but all in all its a pretty decent environment.

very professional and full of energy working plce

Marriott is a great company to work with. They have a very experience managers and programs that will groom you to achieve your goal. Great benefits. Great work environment.

مكان عمل ممتع وشيق حيث يمكنني مساعده العملاء

typical day at work where i meet the guests and help them i learned how to smile in front of the guests and never carry my Family issue to the work place and i learn how to work very well with the team and listen to my manager in order to assure i provide the best service and there is hard part of the job but i take it as a challenge to improve my personality and my skills and the most enjoyably part is when i make the guests smile.

Review

Same as the last review. It just doubled up on what I was trying to say. Marriot Vacation Club has good benefits and the option to work from home which is nice.

Excellent for developing necessary skills

I really enjoyed my time with Marriott. Excellent management that enables you to develop and grow within your department, as well as engaging and helpful colleagues.

Very productive with helpful team members

The workplace had a fun environment with learning new things. Management was super cooperative. Staff training and collaboration was significantly high.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Guest Service Agent positions
See more jobs

Guests before employees

Work schedule all over the place. You could be asked to work 11p-7a and then have to be back at 2 or 3p for next shift. No work life balance. You can request a day off months in advance, but no guarantee until you see schedule you will get time off. No proper training. They make you watch hours of videos during your first few weeks that don't really train you properly. Guests come before employeesGubbeforemployees

Pros

Discounts at other hotels when available

Cons

Last minute mandatory overtime, they don't believe in at least 10 hours between shifts. You get written up for every little thing, even if it wasn't your fault

Productive and secure when i first started.

I love meeting new people. I enjoyed the location of the hotel. I stayed busy, and learned how to ensure the trust of our guests. This place was a great place to work.

Well done

Enjoyed the experience of being able to help those guests make their day a little bit easier, comfortable, and more memorable over all. Providing that quality of standard of service is something I believe in.

Great company to work for with a great workplace culture

The workplace culture of Marriott hotels is great, everyone is friendly and understanding with everyone else. The days there can be fast paced depending on the location of the hotel or what time of the year it is, but besides that there's really no downside to working at a Marriott.

Norfolk Va

I work in a Virginia location and the management is horrible. They are really not well at screening management they let anyone work. I love the company but hate the management

Pros

Great benefits, discounted rooms, laid back atmosphere

Cons

Management sucks, lack of scheduling, favoritism

productive and fast pace but also fun.

Each day started differently which is why i loved it because it was never boring. i learned how to use fosse and make reservations, learn different things from each guest. Marriott has a relaxing and rich culture.

n/a

n/a no thank you not today too busy to do this maybe some other day a typical day of work is an eight hour shift working on weekend is a small must will be accomadating

Bad management in Denver

It was unbelievable how little the assistant manager who was very much in charge of tasks in the hotel did. Everything was pushed off on the supervisors and I had actually never been in a place of employment were management was like that before.

Pros

Cheaper options for hotel stays

Cons

Short breaks, healthcare, managment

Perfect place to work

Nice Staff who is working their at that time. great management. One of the best owners i have ever met in my life, gets interacted with all level of staff. Every thing is perfect.

Pros

gym, accommodation, playing ground

Cons

short breaks

Marriott Company

Working at Marriott is the best experience I had in my whole career. They are providing the right trainings for we to grow and to learn new things. Best hotel company in the world

Pros

Free accommodation, transportation, free meals at the hotel cafeteria, free health insurance

Kind of just meh

Management can be good, I've worked for a lot of properties, nobody groundbreaking, but nobody too terrible. They're a hotel like any other hotel, but they are a good starting point if you want to work guest services.

Pros

Relatively easy work

Cons

Everything else

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Guest Service Agent