Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 897 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,137 reviews

Supportive and Fun Environment

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.

Pros

Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance

Cons

I loved It

Great learning opporunity. It's great getting to meet new people and even getting to know your faithful guest. I know that you can go online to better education yourself to make room for promotions.

Not really Marriott's fault...

The mngmnt, and owners at TownePlace in Newark, are much to be desired, it's a real shame because it could be a great place to work. I loved the other employees though.

Overall good experience

Iam happy to be a part of Mariot group. Always pleasant and happy environment. Staffs were always like a family and even our guests used to celebrate there happy occasions with the staffs over there.

All good

I like the Marriott hotels. And i would recommend this again and again bcz in this industries i can achive my future. Here I got a support from senior and staff. I could learn many things from this industry. So I like it so much

You can have career with the company

I was very happy working for the Marriott, my co workers were also hard working, there was room for growth. The kitchen would cook and we were only charged $5 lunch that was great!!!!! I was always able to cross-train and that was important because I did not have a degree.

Work is awful but the salary didn't worth

They don't pay as per the norms salary is not enough for the employee as per location , they also don't pay for extra hours . Management is too slow and messy .

Amazing work environment

Marriott holds an amazing working environment with the open door policy each is reachable to each .The company ensures employees get some leisure time

Happy to work with Marriott

Pleasure to work With Marriott , its a such a company , i got some of the best working opportunity from this company . that 's why i want to go through marriott .

Loved it

Only things was it wasn't a steady schedule so your shift would vary each week that's the only things I didn't like and majority were part time not much full time hours but always room to work more if you wanted and paid weekly

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Guest Service Agent positions
See more jobs

Professional and friendly staff

A strong supportive team work environment. I have improved interpersonal skills over a short period thanks to the ready-to-support mindset of each individual in the team. Employees respect and take good care of one another.

Pros

Free Meals

Cons

FD can be cold during winter

Nice People, Horrible Guests

I worked for Marriott Vacation Club which is different from the full-service Marriott Internation side. Owners can be jerks and demanding. Managers at my specific property were all nice people not always the best at their jobs but tried to be. The head of our Front Office and the old Assistant Front Office manager are kind ladies that want to watch people grow and encourage people to challenge themselves. The downsides are the crazy hours and entitled guests but I've enjoyed my time there overall.

one of the best properties i worked at

complete joy to work for Marriott they took real good care of me and also giving me good life skills to apply to my everyday life and also sharpens people skills very well

guest happiness, opting satisfaction in all that we do

full satisfaction in all that we do to ensure that our customers come back, see our property as their second home. day to day activities serves as a learning tool,

Over sell, under deliver

Since new management came in, sales has out prioritized ordinary functions of the hotel. The sales team may sell out the hotel for a week straight, but won't ensure that housekeeping or food and beverage are adequately stocked to handle the high demands. As a front desk agent I mostly worked entire shifts alone, without breaks. When I expressed my concerns to the District Manager, he brushed them off as being the expected way to run business.

Marriott

Working at the Marriott has been one of my first jobs and it is great! The people there are friendly, helpful and really make it feel like a home away from home. Would recommend anyone who needs a job to work for this company.

Sheraton Inner Harbor

Poor work environment. They are care more about the guests needs and feelings more so than there own employees. They put the employee needs as last on there to do list.

Everyone is treated with kindness and respect.

I enjoy working there. My coworkers are all very cool. I truly enjoy my job and the guests. Prior to working here I have never worked anywhere That has such kind employees.

Fun team

I'm sure this changes from property to property, but my team was a very close family. They always gave us feedback and taught the best practices for every kind of situation.

Great management that help employees suceed

Management really takes their time in getting to know their employees strengths and weaknesses. I've been given ample opportunities to advance in the company. Working at Marriott i feel a promising career and be established.

Overall- a great company.

Marriott can be amazing and it can be also not very lucrative for the people on the small end of the totem pole. Depends on where you are wanting to go and this is somewhere you use as a stepping stone and 100% for creating a career out of. Not easy to get in with this company. But when you do, your pretty set. I wish the pay was better. Great upper management almost always. Directors and GMs. Very vetted people.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Guest Service Agent