Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 896 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Supportive and Fun Environment

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.

Pros

Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance

Great Place to Work

Management was great and very understanding, they were easy to work with and treated everyone with respect. The worst part about the job was standing on your feet for long periods of time. Advancement is possible but there are not as many positions as a standard cooperation. Oh, the hotel benefits are the best!

Go above and beyond guest expectation

check in guests to their rooms, create connection, go over daily task. Managers were great listener. There were not fixed schedule but requests were most of the time approved.

One of the best places to work great staff great leadership I would recommend Marriott international to anyone with a positive attitude, and willing to work at a fast pace environment, and want a really great career do it

Great Company

Marriott is a great company to work for. They really take care of their employees and their needs. Employees get great benefits and are able to travel and stay at marriotts all over the world.

Worst Front Desk Management

Working at the Morristown Governor Morris was stressful. when working for Management that has no idea how to run things, then it becomes stressful. I was new and trying to learn the job from so many different people , as they had no training in place. The management micro manages to seem like they have knowledge or authority. Your work days are 8 hours with only a half hour lunch your on your feet for 71/2 hours and it’s awe full. Your work week can be 8 plus days with one day off if you complain then your not flexible and your fired

Cons

Long hours on your feet with only one half hour lunch.

I love the people

The people working at my property have been beneficial to the workplace beyond description. The managers that I have encountered have been helpful and I have easily gone up in the corporate ladder by showing my initiative and drive.

Pros

Discounted room nights.

Worked a lot of overtime

I worked at the front desk, for all hours. Overnight, AM and PM. During the time I worked at the Five Star Hotel, we were full staff, but I was asked to move to the Overnight. I learned a lot, but I had no day life or night life. I had to also work 10+ hours per shift, money was great but I was always working. Perks are awesome, the pay was good and the benefits wasn't that bad.

Competitive and Challenging environment

They take care of their staff and give chance to grow. I started as a housekeeping attendant and climb up to Guest service position. Management support growth.

outstanding experience all around

My position is a bit low on the pay scale but everything else makes up for it. The benefits are great and I am working towards retirement. The managers and upper structure are what makes it incredible. Management is always there and involved -they are always willing to help and to guide us in the right direction. They are always available for any problem solving and conflict resolution in which gives our guests the additional assurance they need and deserve. Primarily the management team and the GM truly care about their employees and they are always there and just very REAL. I couldn't ask for a better experience and with a better company - I have been there 6 months now and it has been rewarding so far and I am excited to work with this team and be involved in all of the opportunities Marriott offers I feel very strongly in sharing this experience - especially to the guests - Marriott truly cares about their guests and strives to make sure every single guests is satisfied with their stay and they work hard in the background to fulfill every need and special requests and they go above and beyond make sure their guests are happy - I have learned so much about the industry and I am grateful and blessed for the chance to work for such a wonderful company and team of managers, supervisors and associates. I have met some truly wonderful people and feel that my growth as a individual and a employee has grown further than I could have expected - I absolutely recommend working for Marriott -

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Guest Service Agent positions
See more jobs

Competitive Workplace

Competitive workplace with opportunities for learning and paced growth necessary and required for advancement in the industry and keeping up with the latest trends and technologies to stay competitve.

The most productive 9 hours!

Marriott International holds a place of great sentimental value in my life. J. Willard Marriott once said 'Take care of your employees, your employees will look after your guests and they will come back'. This statement is put to use practically and is one of the major reasons for my loyalty towards the brand. In keeping true to its culture throughout the year the HR team organised events and workshops for the personal development of the employees; Zumba sessions, tea time activities for team building, Cookery sessions by the senior management team, an evening of fun for the employees family members, celebrating women's day, celebrating Earth Hour etc etc. I really benefited through these breaks at work because it gave me the time i needed to relax and feel rejuvenated. Being recognised month on month by the GM for my services at the Associate meet helped build my confidence and made me feel valued and appreciated. A typical day at work would begin with me getting up to date on the current happenings at the hotel. As Guest Relations Manager it was my responsibility to know which guests had faced issues and had these been resolved? if not, then what was the best possible way to resolve it. Guest Relations was the face of the hotel because we were the first ones to interact with any and all guest as part of creating a unique arrival experience. From here on, developing and maintaining a formal relationship with guests during their length of stay was imperative.In addition to assisting guests in checking in and checking out I would also make sure to know who the VIP arrivals -

Global Company who takes pride in its employees.

I enjoyed my time at Marriott. During my employment there, I was going through graduate school and the down time on my shifts allowed me the opportunity to do school work at work. Pay was decent. Guests were great. I appreciated the employee incentives for traveling and staying with Marriott.

Good Benefits

Good benefits and Management. I worked for some great managers at Marriott. It was truly a pleasure working for managers that truly cared about how you were doing.

Benefits

Cons

work life balance

Upward Mobiliity

This is a great company to begin a career in Hospitality. If you work in every department and learn the business, you can be promoted to management and enjoy a long work life.

Its worth the job!

Marriott is a great company. The pay is decent and the work is fair among all employees. Customer service is suburb and guest are always wanting to come back. We have guest who stay 6 to 8 weeks out of the year.

Poor management

Employees are treated differently. Management is poor. No respect from the higher management. When a issue is brought up they laugh at your face. I do not reccomend working here.

Don’t apply management is horrible

I used to love it until new management took over! The new general manager is the worst! She doesn’t even speak to her employees. Very sneaky and a micromanager! Makes working there very uncomfortable.

This Comapny truly cares about its employees

I have worked here for 2 and half years. They are fair, respectful, outgoing, dedicated, and understanding of life in general in relation to family and everyday life.

Pros

Great Benefits, they are flexible, understanding, and caring every step of the journey

Not a job for an introvert

While I can't say this was my least favorite job, it was far from the best. The job was monotonous and the days dragged. Dealing with entitled guests on a day to day basis was enough for me to go bald.

Unfair pay

Great company! Difficult to live off of the pay. Schedule was obnoxious if you are in Leadership role. If your a union worker you are protected by the policies in place. High expectations for leaders, but pay does not match expectations. Schedule was very inconsistent.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Guest Service Agent