Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Found 896 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Supportive and Fun Environment

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.

Pros

Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance

Cons

Excellent

Best company to build anyone career.Find peace and fun while working and learn proper manner. Get trained how to handle of different type of people.Best multi cultural company in across the globe

Inclusive and fun company to work for

Marriott culture is by far the best part of the job. Marriott offers so many benefits from room discounts to all the amazing people you meet from all around the world.

Its a challenging work place.

Its a place where you interact with so many different kinds of guest coming from different part on earth. Everyday is challenging and its more about the service you provide to the guests during their stay with us.

nice

Working at this company will give you good benefits, however the blood, sweat and tears that go into this job made it not worth my time. There's almost a slavery mentality that goes along with the seniority culture that is there. The union has bred an entire generation of laziness. And if you value your work ethic or are new to the company and low on the totem pole that means YOU will have to pick up their slack. Supervisors and management just go along with it because making employees accountable is too much involvement for their taste. My advice is to find a more respectable airline in order to receive the same, if not better benefits without the politics.

Benefits

Marriott offers a generous Employee Discount Program. This is a company that provides a good life work balance and opportunity for growth and development.

Great for customer service oriented people

i happen to be very customer service oriented. Working weekends stink but having the flexibility to work on the weekends helped me finish my bachelors and work full time. Won't have changed working for a Marriott Property.

Excelent

Marriott internnatinal is my family.i learn lot of things.the management was excelent..most enjoyable part of my job.am always happy with this company

Stress full

Managers are not good and supportive, i. Worked eith Marriott jaipur hotel, ground team. Is good. But top. Level. Management is worst no support for shifts

Awesome to work for (particular hotels) !

I absolutely loved working for the Marriott in Australia! You got so well looked after! I have to add though, I did a trial at the Marriott in Berlin and it was the complete opposite, so depends on the management of the particular hotel.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Guest Service Agent positions
See more jobs

Very challenging and good experience

Very consistent and a good place to work. Marriott takes care of their associates and their training is a great place to work. Hospitality experience is top notch!

Good hours, not great pay

The job itself keeps you on your toes. You'll learn a lot working at a hotel. Teaches great customer care. The pay for what's expected could be better.

Great workplace.Great people. room for growth

In any given day ill do various duties mostly checking in guests as well as running reports.workplace culture is very balanced and nothing too diddicult

Great environment

The people, the environment is family oriented and everyone works together to make the job run smoothly and everyone is a team player and easy to work with.

Good entry level job, but pay is not enough for rent and food

Work ethics is good, but no personal life possible with this low culture . Pay is so low saving money on the side even for a young person is close to impossible. No place for growth because of the short season that does not allow hours/budget for the hourly workers to progress to upper opportunities.

Pros

free food

Cons

short breaks, no time to leave the property; weekly changing schedule that dont allow any personal plans

Longtime employee - unhappy

I've worked in 2 Marriott properties at the front desk, but in different capacities, for 7 years. I had to leave my first property because I couldn't afford rent in my city anymore. That was after moving, twice, to get further from downtown in search of cheaper rent. I ended up with an hour commute from my last apartment. Now I live with my parents because I still do not make enough money to afford rent and to pay off my student loans.

Marriott

Marriott is a great company, but with not many talent in certain areas. Even when they have a great culture, there are many areas, and manager to train to make feel employees valuable.

job

The company is great to work for I meet interesting people everyday its a good atmosphere. I've learned a lot since working there even dealing with management and the staff.

Do not do it

With this business yes the customer is always right , but when will you ever be backed up ? If you don’t mind coworkers and guest being able to physically harm you then please sign up . The hours are terrible and unfair , lots of favoritism , if you want to cover all shifts because people are able to just call out and be late go for it.

Preffered when the company was SPG, but overall good

Management is completely supportive as well as the company. It was previously an SPG company before Marriott took over. SPG had many more benefits, but nothing great lasts forever! There is a lot of room for growth within the property and also within the company which is global.

Marriott is a great place to work. It's room for advancement.

Marriott a great place to work. It's room for advancement. I love how management push you to advance and want more. It's awesome. I been to several training classes and learned a lot. I'm moving towards my next step in just two years becoming a supervisor. I also met Mr. Richard Marriott.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Guest Service Agent