Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Server/Cashier

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,216 reviews

Professional management

I've learned to become a more professional server to marriott company being part of marriott team is enjoyable and marriott family can help to each other in a hardest time.

Pros

Free everything.

Cons

Sometimes we get over time.

Lots of hours

Always work holidays, usually management is a pain to deal with, some are really control hungry. Never ever plan to be out on time if you work in the evening. Good benefits, good job security, very nitpicky.

Pros

Benefits, lots of hours.

Very professional

Very professional management, yet very courteous and mindful of employees . I loved it there. The only department that I believe could improve is overall appearance. The building and deco are a little outdated, but on the other hand gives it this cool retro vibe.

Pros

Ability to excel within the company. Job security

Cons

Short breaks

Great benefits

The benefits are great and overall the work culture is great. I really cant complain about anything while I was there, just disappointed that the job security at the end wasn't amazing.

i love working for the marriott hotel

i love working for the Marriott hotel i work for 4 years 6 months at the Guyana Marriott hotel as a in room dinning server also a chaser and ays agent i work for the banquets too also i was cross training as a supervisor fro restaurant

No Life

free breakfast lunch and dinner not very flexible with hours because of union great co workers meet new people everyday great food

Very flexible

Very nice, flexible and understanding Management and staff.

Pros

employee cafeteria, insurance, etc

Cons

short staffed at times

I love the people I work with on a n everyday basis.

A day a Marriott is fast paced for the most part, that's what I like about the job. I come in contact with a wide variety of people and that gives me the ability to learn how to adapt. Adapting would also be what I've learned to do the most, not only is every culture different but everyone within a culture is different as well. The hardest part of the job for me is dealing with things that I feel can be changed but no one takes the time and effort to do it. I understand that management has a voice but as the people under management should be able to voice their options. A company is only as good as their employees. Happy employees are good employees.

Pros

hours of work, friendliness of the staff

Cons

healthcare, flexability of work hours

Meeting different people daily

Getting started early in the morning and getting ready for the customers to arrive. I learned how to make lattes and that hard at first but after you do them over and over became easier. Management was great,and the most enjoyable part of the job was the people i got to meet on daily basis.

Pros

Fun atomsphere

Cons

part time only

Productive and Fun Place

Fast pace, customer Service, serving guest and maintaining all areas cleaned and sanitized. Love working with guest, coworkers. Enjoyed working for A Large Organized Hotel.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Short Breaks

This job allowed me to be with my kids during the hours that they needed me! I was able to work my schedule around my children!

I started as a server, went to task force (opening new restaurants), then became the district trainer, did cashier and customer service, and management. I learned every aspect of full service dining. Management had a fast turnover. Co-workers were awesome, team spirit was how we were abe to deal with all the management turnover. The hardest part of the job was new mangement every 2-3 months. The most enjoyable part of the job was regular customer and co-worker family!

Pros

Great benefits, and 1/2 price meals, and overtime!

Cons

Very demanding work, with low pay

Productive place

It is a productive company in which to have a career. The values of the company are wonderful and people are promoted on a regular basis.

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Server/Cashier