Marriott International, Inc. logo

Marriott International, Inc. Culture reviews

Clear

Found 6,181 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Great experiences

Enjoyable job meeting new people from all walks of life and getting to know others stories. Management is stellar and genuinely cares for all staff members well being. Co-workers are amazing and are considered family.

Pros

great health and discounted hotel benefits

Cons

pay

Muy buena

Creo que es muy buena Beneficios, salario y trato.

Pros

Bueno

Great Culture and Leadership Development

Overall great company industry is in a tough place but will get better! Guests are tough as we are working out of pandemic and a lot of hotels are all having a hard time filling positions. Excellent culture and a lot of ways to develop within company!

Good work environment

I loved my coworkers and management at my particular hotel. We celebrated baby showers, birthdays, associate appreciation events. We were like one big family.

Viel Arbeit wenig Geld

Man musste sehr viele Überstunden machen die nicht bezahlt wurden und einfach verschwunden sind mit der Zeit obwohl man eigentlich welche aufbauen musste, auf die Konfrontation bei der Personalabteilung wurde mit ausreden reagiert und es unter den Teppich gekehrt.

Pros

Keine

Cons

Schlechte Teamkommunikation, Launniche Kollegen

Muy buen trabajo

Buen lugar para trabajar , buena comunicación. Buenos beneficios, es una de las mejores compañías que e trabajado , dan buen trato a sus empleados y management Respeta a sus empleados.

Amazing. Fun.clean.wonderful people guest.team.manngers was extremely wonderful and supervisor was very help ful

I love working there and there team was amazing. And the manager was amazing 2...the pay was great...says off was nice. Great pay friendly staff and great loction... good tips..beautiful place to work for

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch

supervisor

This was one of the worst companies to work! I was a supervisor working all positions and they've yet to pay their employees competitively, do not work for them!

Pros

Maybe parties that give gift cards

Ambiente di lavoro stimolante per la crescita

Azienda stabile con standard elevati attenzione al personale per la crescita aggiornamento e benessere

Pros

Mensa alloggi

Cons

Personale contato

Básica

Muy tranquila y buena compañía, adquirí mucha experiencias ahí, he conocido muchos chefs que actualmente son mis amigos.

Pros

Seguro

Cons

No le hayo ninguno

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

Great company

I enjoyed working here. I had great benefits and discounts on rooms anywhere in the world. They really care about their workers . I feel the pay was great and they took care of me there .

Pros

Free lunches and discounts

Cons

Lots of rules

Fun people!

Fine place to work but not very much escalation. Pay is not as equitable to the job! Abrupt changes to policies that make it hard for you to do your job every day the customers will never really a problem the culture was never a problem.

Pros

Environment

Cons

Pay, and structure

Rewarding work in OHSM

Marriott is a wonderful company to work for. The culture is very customer oriented and I rarely experienced any person working there that was not genuinely a nice person. Mr. Marriott’s philosophy is if you take care of the associates- they will take care of the guests. I loved my job there and would still be working there had the business not tanked thanks to COVID-19

Pros

Genuinely nice people to work for; good salary and benefits.

Cons

Hard to move up because turnover is so low, hardly any one leaves.

Privilege culture

Overload of work that will be highly scrutinized. More often than not, you will be reprimanded for the pettiest of mistakes the more so if your ethnicity is of a certain type in which case you can expect continuous disciplinary actions and write ups.Surprisingly; managerial culture leans to taskmaster style. Management teams are not people with professional training (in hotel management or business) neither multilingual individuals. It can be very difficult to explain to them decisions made based on Accounting principles, or market segmentation. They're not just there neither they are open to listen or learn. Contributions on how to increase financial performance will be lousily shut down by mgmt, only to have them implemented a few month later as mgmt's own process re-engineering.The company expects employees to apologize and be subservient to rude and abusive customers; especially those that booked wrong dates, room type, number of guests, etc. Zero accountability for lazy people who will not contribute to the daily operation, pointing this out will automatically label you as a problematic individual and a non-team player.The hardest thing to learn and witness: ethnicity plays a big role in your performance review and advancement.The most enjoyable part: you meet nice colleagues and there is good camaraderie.

Pros

If you like to travel, employee discounts do make a difference, for good.

Cons

Ethnicity plays a big role in professional growth regardless of credentials

Fun company culture before Marriott took over.

There was originally a fun, exciting, employee focused, company culture at the W Hotel in Westwood, (rebranded as the W - West Beverly Hills). After all, a happy employee makes for happy clients and guests. Unfortunately with the Marriott now nickel and diming the place to death, the hotel is now just a shell of it's former glory.

Pros

Interesting guests, aesthetically pleasing work environment.

Cons

Abysmal turnover rate for employees, upper, and middle management. Major inconsistencies with policies and procedures.

Good

Good company to work for very happy that I am here would recommend. Fun culture diverse group of people to work with. No downsides from where I can see

What a waste

I have worked over 3 years for 2 sites. First was ok, 5 stars second... Complete failure. I was salaried, doing in the region of 55-60 hrs/week for 16000 in 2005.Advancement only if you leave, you are just a tool that has a job to do. If you accept to play their game and can cope, you will be fine. So many brand standards and expectations completely disproportionate with the benefits and wage.

Pros

Leisure club use

Cons

Wage, hours, culture, prospects (or lack of)

I enjoyed learning how to advance within the company and was easy once you follow the way things are don't, which you also get competitive rewards for work well done. As well the amazing discounts on hotels and other kinds of free promotional stuff is actually very rewarding.

Pros

Free lunches and surprise goodies

Cons

Handlinfg escallated calls but can be turned into a pro whwn handled correctly

Fun workplace

I was a part of grand opening so it was exciting and fun. The gm is really nice and kind. Helps and answer every questions and needs. Staff are very fun to work with. No drama.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Location : airport

El ambiente es muy divertido y respetuoso

En esta empresa el trabajador, hace sus labores muy entusiasmado y alegre porque el equipo de trabajo es muy colaborador y están pendiente del rendimiento de uno. Vale la pena trabajar en este ambiente amable.

Pros

Se trabaja con el seguro que uno escoja

Cons

Si hay tiempo y espacio para disfrutar de un café o refresco

Te tratan como asociado

Increíble trabajar en Marriott, ambiente agradable Crecimiento

Pros

Todas las presentaciones

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Culture