Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Culture reviews

Clear

Found 6,171 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,137 reviews

Great experiences

Enjoyable job meeting new people from all walks of life and getting to know others stories. Management is stellar and genuinely cares for all staff members well being. Co-workers are amazing and are considered family.

Pros

great health and discounted hotel benefits

Cons

pay

Great people and culture, salary and benefits for management positions are not so good

Great company to work for if you love to travel. Heavily discounted room rates at all Marriott properties. There is a great team culture at most properties and career growth and promotion opportunities are always available to those who work hard and are willing to relocate. Over the last couple of years manager salary has not increased very much and insurance cost for managers has increased significantly. Whether you were in a customer service role or an internal roll you will always have a customer first mentality at every hotel. Employee turnover is very high at most properties from my experience, but it also has to do with the growth of the company over the last couple of years doubling the size of hotel portfolio and customer service positions in general are usually prone to high turnover do to lower salary.

Pros

Room rate discounts, career growth, culture

Cons

Lower salary vs other industries, work/life balance for mid level managers

When I was training under management, they really watched out for me and made sure that I was taken cared of

I worked under a new environment and it was challenging at first. I was able to create relationships with my bosses. They were able to train me and made sure I understood what I was working with.

Pros

management

Cons

Amazing company to work for

Working for Marriott was an experience I’ll never forget. It allows so many in house growth opportunities. So long as your willing to learn the field. I loved getting to know the variety of cultures that go in and out the doors of Marriott.

Pros

Variety

Marriott has the best culture of any company I have ever worked for.

Marriott has the best culture of any company I have ever worked for. Your experience largely depends on how you view your on role within the company. Like with any company, there are sometimes managers that focus more on their role than the development of their employees, when what shows true leadership is to balance those aspects. It is unfortunate the company has had to release so many employees during the pandemic, but I do understand that it was needed for the company to survive. Any Marriott loyalist will understand this and will look forward to the day we can all Travel Together again.

Pros

Great culture and benefits.

Cons

Pay could be better for the quality of associates that are loyal to the company, but it is competitive for most roles.

Fun and enjoyable workplace

Staff and management team is great to work with. Everyone treats you like a family member. One thing I really enjoyed was interacting with guest and able to assist them to make their stay more comfortable.

Relax

First priority Marriott international company culture is outstanding nobody can compare the company policy is . company take care of associate then associate take care of guest.

It quite interesting

Good atmosphere , great working with colleagues, helpful and friendly, and it always amazing to work at Marriott, the way they treat the staff is amazing, they have a saying that treat ur worker well they will also treat you customers good

El mejor lugar para trabajar

Es una empresa maravillosa y se preocupan por sus empleados, aparte hay gran oportunidad de crecimiento laboral, sin dudarlo regresaba a Marriott como trabajador y como visitante.

Pros

Apoyo en manejo de tu economia y cuidado de tu futuro y bbienestar familiar

Cons

Menospreciada la labor de callcenter en Mexico City a comparacion de Miami por ejemplo

Loved the work and the people

I worked at Marriott headquarters for over five years and it was one of my favorite places to work. The people were great, and my variety of work constantly kept me challenged and busy which I prefer. My team was fairly small but I also worked with many departments throughout the building and everyone I worked with was always very friendly and professional.

Pros

People, benefits, cafeteria, culture

Cons

Can't think of any

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

Fun place

Beautiful place to work at. Amazing benefits and discounts. Each day is a different environment, you’re actually next to the river walk so you will never get bored.

Not open minded

My typical day at work would include communicating with guests, process audit numbers, and answering phones. I learned to not be one sided on opinions. Management is horrible at communicating and keeping an open mind. I informed my managers of my transition and was told that I was a freak show and to use the restroom all the way in the back of rhe hotel so no one would see me. There are many different cultures. The hardest part of the job is keeping a positive mindset. The most enjoyable part about the job is definitely the guests.

Pros

Free lunch, discounts world wide, decent insurance

Cons

Homophobic, one sided, they make employees stuck, bad role models

Super !!

Great company to be part of !! Great benefits and work culture! Super !

Great place

Great place to work foe, very supportive team, the managers are amazing and the culture tooI enjoyed working there for 2 years and I would go back .

Great location and great clientele

I experienced many wonderful years working for the Marriott Marquis. I had great benefits and good pay. I enjoy the experience of a typical day which involves talking with people from all over the world. I have learned from my coworkers and my managers many lessons about dealing with situations that arise from day to day with our guests. The most enjoyable part of my job has been the friendships I have made with so many wonderful and interesting people from both international and local destinations

Pros

I had set days off

Cons

Too many complaints from the associates.

Ambiente laboral bueno

Hacen actividades para incentivar a los empleados y crear convivencia

Cons

Los descansos son variados en la semana

Great company

Company has a great culture and takes care of their employees. There is ample room to grow into new careers with great training. I would recommend working for this company.

Niemanden zu empfehlen!

Das Frankfurter Marriott ist nicht zu empfehlen. Mir hat nichts gefallen. Durch das arrogante Benehmen der Vorgesetzten wurde ich unmotiviert.

great place to work

its a great place to work nice people they work with your hours and availability. They acknowledge you on your birthdays, Thanksgiving Christmas and work anniversary. Not very many places do that so that is really nice!

Pros

they appreciate you acknowledge your anniversary holidays and birthdays

Cons

low pay

Awesome

Marriott was great, I learned so much while I was there. My favorite part was helping with continental breakfast. Management was amazing nas well as coworkers.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks

Great company with great hospitality

Great company with great benefits. Great work environment with great employees and management. Love working for company. Company really appreciate employees

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Culture