Marriott International, Inc. logo

Marriott International, Inc. Culture reviews

Clear

Found 6,181 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Great experiences

Enjoyable job meeting new people from all walks of life and getting to know others stories. Management is stellar and genuinely cares for all staff members well being. Co-workers are amazing and are considered family.

Pros

great health and discounted hotel benefits

Cons

pay

If you're lucky with good management

Overall, the company is great. I loved working for Marriott and would happily work for the company again. That said, you do need to be very lucky with management. There is good and bad management everywhere, and I was very fortunate to have amazing, supportive supervisors. Advancement is what you make it but it can be hard sometimes as it's very competitive. They do offer great pay for the hospitality industry but it could always be better for the amount of work you really do.

Good Company to Work For

Good culture, benefits and work life balance. There are always opportunities to learn about other disciplines and move up in the company. I could see myself working for the company for several years.

Good place good people

Fair management and good company culture. No issues or problems I could report. Every one got their job done and was efficient. Would definitely recommend to others.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Money

Great benefits! The health insurance, the room discounts, the salary...Can be difficult to be promoted if you are not part of the clic.I think that it used to be better but the company culture changed.

Pros

Amazing benefits

Cons

Hard to get promoted, a lot of bad managers

Loved It!

I worked for this company for about 7 years and I really enjoyed it. Everyone was always friendly and willing to help if you ever needed it! It is in a great location as well.

Great values, lowest wages

Marriott is known for being the lowest paid in the hospitality industry. To make up for that, you do get a great work/life balance and opportunity to move up and around. Most upper management and leadership are accessible and supportive.

Pros

Opportunity for advancement work/life balance, great company culture

Cons

Pay (especially for hourly associates) health insurance costs and lack of good plan option

Luxurious, good path for career growth

Training manager and HR manager are very helpfull in creating and supporting the point of understanding in career growth and knowledge. Chefs are very talented and beautiful creators.

Great Company

I've worked with Marriott for 10+ years and I really enjoyed it. I always had a great management team and was given the support I needed. Pay was good and I really appreciated the hotel discounts.

Excellent company culture.

I would definitely recommend this company to anyone. An extensive amount of areas for growth. Management is accommodating. The training there can be used practically in all areas of your life

Pros

Career advancement. Loyal company. Company Culture

Cons

Long Hours

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

Fun place to work and a dynamic environment

I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a server at a hotel restaurant. The restaurant and company culture are all what somebody in the restaurant industry should look for.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long Shifts

Easy going

Was a fun place to work and meet people. The work was easy and there was always a lot of OT available. Union property and usually always busy or sold out.

The most magical place to work

I started at the Marriott Leeds as a young 16 year old college student on a work placement, and I couldn't have been more fortunate to be placed in such a wonderful hotel. I felt so much warmth and love and support from all those around me, so eager to help me grow and develop. You are empowered to take accountability and responsibility for your actions, giving you the ability to go above and beyond for your guests, amazing recognition scheme and fantastic benefits/staff rates. Marriott truly is a company which values and cares for its associates, we are listened to and valued and appreciated. Associate appreciation day every year is like Marriott Christmas, everyone is celebrated and celebrates each other. Marriott culture is so uplifting and empowering, every day I woke up as excited to head to the hotel as the guests, I thrived from the experience I gained at the Marriott and blossomed into a wonderful career. I think if I started anywhere else I wouldn't have the same genuine passion, energy and enthusiasm for the industry and could not have been prouder to work for such a company. I used to walk around the city centre on my lunch break in my uniform just to show it off! The opportunities within the company are endless and everyone around you has the same common goal, to make it memorable for the guests. Often if companies tell you they are 'like a family' this can be a huge red flag, but when a company really is like a family they don't feel the need to say it and I never heard that phrase at the Marriott, yet I knew every face in the building and spoke with everyone I -

Pros

Free meal on shift, Living wage, Community culture, Endless opportunities, Great rewards and benefits package.

Cons

Not as much recognition/award opportunities for casuals(0 hour contracts).

El ambiente de trabajo siempre fue respetado y armonioso

La mejor trabaje muy feliz durante el tiempo que estuve ahi,desafortunadamente el covi 19 trunco nuestros sueños,espero poder activarme nuevamente

Pros

Tiempo de descanso entre banquete y conferencias

Cons

Mucha carrera al servir en poco tiempo

great place to work

I had an awesome experience working with the marriott. There work life balance was excellent. Pay was fair and the perks were amazing. I had a fun staff and most importantly my co workers were a pleasure to do business with.

Great company culture with corporate Marriott. I loved my manager and my peers. Hospitality can be stressful but also exciting. Great benefits, fair compensation but you do have to ask for it

Trabalhadores não tem direitos

Equivalente ao que se passa no Governo.Beneficiam familiares e amigos, trabalhadores estagiários são explorados e pior ainda não tem liberdade a nível pessoal.Direcção fica com o dinheiro de todos os eventos marcados por concierges, Rececao , etc...Uma autêntica exploracao

Pros

Nível dos clientes

Cons

Tudo

Strong company values

I loved working with the team at Marriott. I didn’t like the outside advancement instead of promoting within but al in all great company to work for when you’re under the right leadership.

Pros

Benefits and hotel discounts

Cons

Direct management sometimes inexperienced

Heavy workloads, minimal support, good benefits and discounts

Marriott was a great place to work when I first started the manage the deteriorated over the years which cause the job to eventually become too much to handle, not enough recognition, and a lot to complete for the pay

Pros

Great view, great opportunity to strengthen customer service skills, somewhat competitive pay due to union

Cons

Heavy workloads, little accountability for other departments, low recognition

Great People Stressful Work

Great company, awesome co-workers but overall competitive atmosphere to get ahead without sufficient experience. I enjoyed coming into work each day for the people around me, but lack of predictable work schedule made it difficult for work-life balance.

Pros

Great travel benefits

Cons

Unpredictable work schedule

Great benefits and supportive management. Co workers felt like family I sure did love my time at Marriott! Working in this industry is always exciting because of all the traveling guests and events.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Culture