Marriott International, Inc. logo

Marriott International, Inc. Culture reviews

Clear

Found 6,181 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Great experiences

Enjoyable job meeting new people from all walks of life and getting to know others stories. Management is stellar and genuinely cares for all staff members well being. Co-workers are amazing and are considered family.

Pros

great health and discounted hotel benefits

Cons

pay

Low stress work environment

People are great to work with. Management helpful. Meet a lot of great people here who are there for support at and outside of the workplace. Hours are hard to get.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Lack of hours

Established culture and principles. Good system in place checks and balances. Workers treated fairly to a great extent. Fairly upbeat environment. A lot of diversity at work.

Awesome Company

Loved my career, people I worked with and management. A strong team atmosphere with ability to have fun, doing something I loved. Due to Covid, my position was eliminated, or I would still be working with this company.

Pros

Excellent collaboration, family feel

Stressful and very corporate

I worked a tech support role, some of my mangers and coworkers were really great but it never quite felt like a friendly or positive environment overall. Policies favored structure over practical team coordination and pay wasn't good enough for the expertise required.

Wonderful Culture

The positive Marriott culture and standards starts from the top executives and continues through property level management and associates through everyone’s buy in. Marriott fosters growths, encourages new and innovative ideas and celebrates all levels of associates. Through Marriotts steadfast, consistent culture and leadership associates feel empowered and hopeful for their future with the company. I feel so fortunate to have worked at various brands including an Autograph collection, Renaissance, W and the flagship brand Marriott Hotels where I was able to learn the unique twist each brand represents while at the same time always getting that same wonderful Marriott culture.

Pros

Culture, standards

Its gud

Wanted to work from home. I learned from the subject of business management. I wanted to enjoy the job with lot of fun and with workplace and culture

Pros

Cons

Not more than 2 hours

Lots of benefits

I love the Marriott but sadly I got furloughed because of Covid. I wish they would call me back. Great company to work for. Definitely will miss working there,

Pros

Discounted Hotel Rooms

Cons

Lots of Politics

Great company to work for!

Really good corporate culture. Fair compensation at the corporate level. Lots of layers of people so decision are sometimes made slowly which can be frustrating.

Pros

Fair compensation. Good Benefits.

Entreprise

Entreprise respectueuse pour le bien-être de ses collaborateurs.

Pros

Ambiance

Cons

Pas d'embauches

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

The best associates to work with

Most of the staff and management are amazing people. I like the people and the culture what Marriott provides. I would work there again. Bigger hotels have great food.

Fun place to work

I enjoyed working here, meeting new people and the coworkers here at the hotel are all so friendly! We all worked together to provide top notch service to all guest.

Bad General Management. No accountability

There is no accountability for the General Managers. They seem to walk on a cloud. The culture is good, but based on the General Manager. No work/life balance.

Pros

Room Discounts

Cons

No Accountability

Environnement de travail agréable

Mon équipe a toujours été disponible pour répondre à mes questions et me conseiller ( Bar de l'hotel et Petit salons )

Productive and respecful

The hardest part of the job has to run to all floors to clean. A typical day at work is not that hard if you do not do it every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly people you meet.

benefits

Cons

overtime

Bom ambiente de trabalho e oportunidade de crescimento.

Não pagam as horas extras Nei fazem banco de horas. Muito exigência para pouca recompensa.

Pros

Refeição na empresa, oportunidade de crescimento.

Cons

Gerencia mal humorada e não paga as horas extras.

Lack of advancement opportunities

Promotions go to pet employees regardless of experience Management has a good old boy advancement culture. Benefits are respectable pay is decent Lack of respect from middle management

Pros

Benefits, pay is decent

Cons

Double standards for different employees

Hotel industry

Since the pandemic, the hotel industry got hit hard and furlough the staff. Currently most hotels are under staff and the staff that is working is working extremely harder and also working longer hours

Pros

Friendly/family environment

Cons

Under staff

Stay in the Marriott brands not in the Starwood hotels.

Marriott culture is about putting people first but at the end of the day it all depends on the leader of the tean or head department if she or he is able.to lead abd manage the team well. I worked with an amazing director in my previous department before moving to my current department now.

Teamwork, pride and a sense of belonging.

I have been with Marriott for over 3 years. No day is the same, so it never gets boring. New guests, new groups. If you enjoy face to face customer service, exceeding expectations, have humility and are empathetic - this is for you. Marriott has a great culture and work ethic. The diversity of team members make the workplace interesting and you constantly learn, especially about yourself. Training is a constant and up to date. As a guest service representative you must stand on your feet 8 hours a day, but no worries, it is something you get used to after 6-8 weeks. You face many kind and interesting guests, however you will occasionally face the impatient or angry guest as well. At the end of your shift however, you will feel a sense of accomplishment and you will have spent the day with usually fun, likewise kind and hospitality driven team members and managers. Marriott is the way to go.

Pros

Great benefits, Incentives and mostly good people

Cons

Short breaks, long hours on your feet, shifts change often

Негативная атмосфера

Работала в отеле Марриотт красная поляна. Ужасное место работы, выходные обещанные 5-2 не дождётесь, надо выпрашивать. Текучка кадров. Проживание в мобуььном городке по 2-3 человека. Условия безобразные, антисанитария, общий душ и туалет. Начальник на планерке говорила, если не нравится, то никого не держит. Считаю что это не правильно

Pros

Питание и горный воздух

Cons

Не тратьте свое время и здоровье

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Culture