Marriott International, Inc. logo

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 6,682 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Supportive and Fun Environment

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.

Pros

Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance

Great Company - Tough situation without the pandemic

Overall, it was a great company. They care about employees and seeing you grow as a person and an employee. The pandemic was obviously tough for the industry and it will be interesting to see if they can bounce back.

Great Company

Great company to work lot of benefits as well and free lunch in your shift , sometimes the management can be little complicated but go for their way and you’ll be good.

Pros

Free lunch, great benefits .

Muy buena

Creo que es muy buena Beneficios, salario y trato.

Pros

Bueno

It took a lot for me to move on

I worked for Marriott for many years. If covid never happened I would have stayed until I retired. The time away made me realize the commute was trying on me and I wanted more balance. This is a great company. The pay is fair & you are treated professionally. I would absolutely recommend working for them. I learned so much over my 13 years there.

Pros

The people, the discounts, the benefits

Cons

The commute and long hours sometimes

Good company but not great work life balance

There are pros and cons. Its great to enjoy the hotel discount and the benefits are good. Compensation can be a little low and work life balance isn't great

Great Culture and Leadership Development

Overall great company industry is in a tough place but will get better! Guests are tough as we are working out of pandemic and a lot of hotels are all having a hard time filling positions. Excellent culture and a lot of ways to develop within company!

I don’t know

Marriott is a great Company to work for the salary is always fair for must part and I will greatly recommend this company to my friends and family members.

Viel Arbeit wenig Geld

Man musste sehr viele Überstunden machen die nicht bezahlt wurden und einfach verschwunden sind mit der Zeit obwohl man eigentlich welche aufbauen musste, auf die Konfrontation bei der Personalabteilung wurde mit ausreden reagiert und es unter den Teppich gekehrt.

Pros

Keine

Cons

Schlechte Teamkommunikation, Launniche Kollegen

it's about the people

The company was about giving people chances. If you work hard and are willing to learn you can grow to what you want to get to. It's all about taking care of people both customers and staff.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

Muy buen trabajo

Buen lugar para trabajar , buena comunicación. Buenos beneficios, es una de las mejores compañías que e trabajado , dan buen trato a sus empleados y management Respeta a sus empleados.

Good place to work, great pay & benefits

Good atmosphere, great pay. Hotel operations is hard work. Somewhat able to find a work/life balance. GM cares about all employees and wants managers to learn and move up.

Illusions

Considering myself a very strict person, punctual and pedantic, I found working for Marriott is the worst experience, very mean lean money making machine exploiting staff. GM enjoying the facility but no one else

Pros

Made few friends

Cons

Everything is a con

Hard Work, Poor Pay

Location needs employees very badly. High turnover. I'm assuming for such hard physically intensive labor with min wage isn't for everyone. Training is next to nothing, and then thrown into work alone, and then criticized for not being fast enough. Marriott should really raise hourly pay for their entry level positions. Would increase the pool of employees applying, increase morale, and create a manageable financial work/life balance. There wasn't even extra pay per hour for working on holidays. I conclude that Marriott takes care of upper management, but not the worker bees that got them there. More training is needed for lower level managers and initial onboarding of new hires. Though I do want to say, that everyone that works there is very nice and pleasant. Increase hourly pay and training, and you will have less turnover.

Pros

I guess the Marriot employee discount?

Cons

Rush rush rush, no clear break schedule, no clear training. Poor pay

Productive and fun place to work

This company is very nice .i really expect a heavy duty job but this company has standard and protocol's and fun environment so everything makes so light.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Good workplace just have to deal with the slack of other departments

Can be a good place to work if everything actually runs smoothly. Just have to deal with very needy guests sometimes. Work life depends on management.

Pros

Discounts

Buen bien te laboral

Si haz trabajado para cumplir metas o métricas, aquí siempre hay algo que estás haciendo mal y llevarte un buen bono se ha vuelto muy difícil con la pandema, a pesar del back to back.-back to back-metricas se ajustan de acuerdo a tu desempeño-al día de hoy aún no hay home office-Fondo de ahorro 25k-30kVales de despensa y restaurante

Pros

Fondo de ahorro, crecimiento a corto plazo

Cons

Back to back, métricas absurdas, errores del sistema frecuentes, no home office

I had a great time working for marriott

Marriott is a great company to work for, I stayed with the company for many years due to the opportunities to learn and grow, personally I think is time well spent due to the opportunities to grow that the company offers.

Finger-pointing Environment

Finger-pointing Environment. They can care less about the employee ,they’re all about making money. The pandemic showed their true colors. There is no work and Home balance. Corporate Looks at every angle to take a vantage of their employees. Especially immigrants.

Pros

They provide benefits standard Package

Cons

You are easily replaceable

Great place to work at time

Overall a great environment to work in a few times we come across issues but we solve them the best way we can. The company has great benefits and work-life balance is great.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Hours vary 40+ not guranteed every week short staffed sometimes

A lot of opportunity

You can switch your carrier without leaving the company. Opportunity is huge especially if you have an open-minded and supportive senior Manager. Sometimes they may want to keep you in the same position for too long.

Pros

Stability, Growth

Cons

Work life balance

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Work-Life Balance