Marriott International, Inc.

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 6,754 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Supportive and Fun Environment

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.

Pros

Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance

It’s a Stable Company to Work

I like the stability and possibilities for growth. The pay is subpar and sometimes they will hire outside the company and pay them more which is unfair. You have a better chance of higher pay from coming in from outside the company rather than being promoted or working in one position for a long time. Good coworkers and allow flexibility in scheduling to accommodate personal time.

Pros

Schedule, Pto, coworkers

Cons

Pay, Promoting from Outside the Company

Great culture, as advertised!!!

This Company truly practices what they preach. Taking care of associates is the #1 priority! This creates an outstanding work atmosphere in which the team strives to achieve excellence.

Pros

Benefit Package

Cons

Schedule (hospitality)

Great company

Wouldn’t change a thing about the company. They care for their associates like they are family. The best thing was the associate room rate for travel. Was able to experience amazing resort hotels at a great price.

Ambiente de trabajo dovertido, pero un poco estresante.

El trabajo es muy estresante en temporadas, pero los jefes son muy felixibles en cuanto a horarios y diversas problemáticas que suscitan en el día a día.

Pros

Flexibilidad de los horarios

Cons

Extenuante en ocasiones

Great Place to work!

This is a great company to work for! The work life balance can be very hard sometimes with upper management not caring if you ever go home. But still, a good company.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Work life balance

Less productivity lot of learning team players

Work place was stressful learned a lot management not good healthy workplace culture to get back to work to work with fellow colleagues who make work Interesting

Great management and place for advancement

I have been working with Marriott for 5 years now and it’s a great place to work depending on your position. There is lot’s of room for advancement and leadership team is great. They help you succeed.

A good place to work, can move up if possible

I was satisfied working with the company a very good place to work and there is always different types of positions available to us associate I work with this company for 30 years

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Health care

I'm still working for Marriott, plan to retire here, benefits are the best that I know, if you work hard managers respect that, trainings are very good there is always potential abvance over all the best companies to work for.

Pros

Benefits, perks, coworkers.

Cons

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

Me encantó trabajar aqui

Es una buena oportunidad para todos los que cumplan con los requisitos, pero sobretodo no te ponen pretextos por edad como en la mayoría de las empresas mexicanas , tampoco hay discriminación. Si pudiera regresaría a este lugar a trabajar.

Pros

Buen ambiente laboral

Cons

Distancia en mi caso

Great company

Best company I have ever worked for and my favorite position that I ever held in my career. It was a great place to learn and grow. I enjoyed my position and my coworkers.

Pros

great benefits and pay

It was a good job

I can’t wait to go back to the hotel and get my happiness back I hope them call me back because they have very good benefits. And great place to work

Buen salario

Es un buen ambiente laboral, cumplen con lo que se habla en entrevista, como todos los empleos debes estar preparado para trabajar bajo presión y con muchas llamadas en espera por minuto. Ofrecen muchos beneficios, buen salario, contratación de nivel intermedio y buen ambiente dentro de operaciones. En cuanto al horario no es muy flexible y a veces es difícil equilibrar lo personal con lo laboral, por ejemplo si eres estudiante no hay horarios que se puedan acomodar fácilmente a tus necesidades. Sin embargo es un buen empleo y sus valores son llevados a cabo al pie de la letra, lo cual encuentro excelente.

Pros

Buen salario

Cons

No hay flexibilidad de horario

Helping others

It was cool you know I had a good time. I just wish they would talk to you more when it came to asking how your day was before coming into work and actually caring

Don’t stay too long

Don’t get comfortable always look for ways to advance. Always try to advance, because working the different shifts will cause you to miss important moments in life

Productive and Fun Work Place

Working for Marriott International was a life experience worth having. I not only made friends that will became family, the experience to interact with some of the most amazing people from all walks of life.

Pros

Family environment, Bonuses

Cons

Shifts

A lot of room for growth

Marriott offers many opportunities to grow. When in a management position you are able to move positions every year. Very supportive and fun company to work for. Work environment is one of a kind and very diverse.

Pros

Cheap hotel stays and great benefits

Cons

Work life balance

Interesting work, great people, though there can be long hours

A terrific company overall, though it has been materially impacted by the pandemic. The work is very interesting, with excellent potential for advancement, and there is good collaboration between different teams. The associates at HQ are bright, hard working, and work well together (e.g. not cutthroat). However, there can be long (e.g. 60+) work hours on a regular basis.

Pros

great people, interesting work, very collaborative, generous PTO

Cons

lackluster retirement match, long work hours are common across most teams

Long hours - no staff

Very long hours and no staff, especially when COVID hit. Difficult to hire staff due to the low pay. Required to work in various departments. Was great when there were people there but even pre-COVID, it was hard to retain good talent. Company culture has changed a lot. Benefits are ok if you can afford them.

Pros

Employees are great

Cons

Hiring staff is difficult

Productive & Fun work place

Good company to work forLong hoursPay scale not goodLess work life balanceRotational shiftsNo travelFree mealsExpandingFormal attireWell grooming

Pros

Free meals

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?