Marriott International, Inc.

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 6,758 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,120 reviews

Supportive and Fun Environment

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.

Pros

Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance

Wonderful Culture

The positive Marriott culture and standards starts from the top executives and continues through property level management and associates through everyone’s buy in. Marriott fosters growths, encourages new and innovative ideas and celebrates all levels of associates. Through Marriotts steadfast, consistent culture and leadership associates feel empowered and hopeful for their future with the company. I feel so fortunate to have worked at various brands including an Autograph collection, Renaissance, W and the flagship brand Marriott Hotels where I was able to learn the unique twist each brand represents while at the same time always getting that same wonderful Marriott culture.

Pros

Culture, standards

Cons

Great company to work for!

Really good corporate culture. Fair compensation at the corporate level. Lots of layers of people so decision are sometimes made slowly which can be frustrating.

Pros

Fair compensation. Good Benefits.

Nice

It’s the Hospitality Industry. What do you expect? Expect to work long hours and excessive days. The business is 24/7. Employees will give you a headache as well.

Great team atmosphere

Loved it. Great people and pay. Long hours but it was all worth it. Lots of opportunities and the ability to promote from within. Travel pers are a plus.

Great place

Great benefits bring a Marriott employee. Great retirement and 401k. Lots of room for job growth.Lots of team bonding exercises and networking opportunities

Benefits

Cons

Hours

Good training,

They were very patient for slow learners gave ample time for training. Always had mentors on floor to help.good place to work for. Had a really nice break room.

Pros

Had overtime a lot that was nice

Cons

Really didn’t have any

Fun place to work

Great place to work. Company cared about it's employees. Room for advancement. Very diverse environment. Great pay and benefits. Unfortunately the hotel industry to a major hit during the pandemic

Pros

Discount on hotels

I would go back

I interned at the HQ. Great experience. Unfortunately the high cost of living in Bethesda didn't allow me to stay there. I would consider going back given the right opportunity. Great place overall.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Slow growth

Fun Workplace

It's a good workplace, just the pay is not too fair... But, there are possibilities to grow up with the company... Good benefits, they need hire more people.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

Totally happy

Find a good property and stick with it. You'll love it. Avoid run down properties, you'll feel worth nothing but complaints. Newer builds are definitely the way to go.

Great company

Great company to work for with compassionate staff. Sometimes in the hospitality industry things get busy and highly stressful. I work all over the hotel doing various things that aren’t even related to my job which can be annoying at times.

Great company- Plenty of room for for growth

Marriott is a great company to work for. Unlimited growth potential and excellent training. Hospitality hours are long and hard so it isn't for everyone.

Its a paycheck

The company does not objectively invest in promoting equally. It's a good old boy/girl system based on popularity and who likes you. Hard work doesn't matter if you're not connected to the "in crowd".

Pros

Work, a paycheck, income

Cons

Micromanage, no growth, it's who you know.

Bad General Management. No accountability

There is no accountability for the General Managers. They seem to walk on a cloud. The culture is good, but based on the General Manager. No work/life balance.

Pros

Room Discounts

Cons

No Accountability

I love the crew and location.

Over all it's ok but when they are short staffed during season it can be very hectic. I know it was difficult in the beginning of covid and a lot of people were furloughed so it got slow.

Pros

Free lunches and my hours

Cons

A little hectic and unorganized in season.

Great place to work!

Great staff! Leaders and owners. Opportunities to move up the rank and always something new to learn. There is reward in having happy customers. Put people first!

Cons

Holiday work

Overall Good

I was lucky enough to have great management that were focused on company policies and values. They stood up for me when needed and made a great work environment.

Pros

Management, food, discounts

Cons

hours, guests

Unorganized and ill-prepared

Working at the marriot comes with complications, work overload and lack of management. After being furloughed due to COVID, they made many changes to staff and management which has caused a dissatisfactory shift in service and quality of work. I would recommend looking someplace else for work in Tampa.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, under staffed, long hours/low pay rate

Best company I ever worked for

I love working for Marriott great benefits and discounts most of the management is really helpful and will listen to your concerns and ideas I worked at 2 Marriott properties so far a small one and a big one and surprisingly the bigger hotels are better to work at they are more flexible and professional.

Pros

Free hot meals provided, friendly management, beautiful benefits, discounted room and products

Cons

Can be demanding and fast pace most times and long hours especially nightshift

Equality between everyone amd opportunities for all

A company that invests in their associates. They respect them and help them to grow.Clear path way for growth. Any openings they pick their staff first before putting jobs on public.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?