Marriott International, Inc. logo

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 6,682 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Supportive and Fun Environment

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.

Pros

Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance

Cons

Productive, incentives o growth as a professional

Best company to work for. This company care for every associate. I will go back to work at Marriott International as well as I am working for my family.

Pros

Free lunch

Ambiente di lavoro stimolante per la crescita

Azienda stabile con standard elevati attenzione al personale per la crescita aggiornamento e benessere

Pros

Mensa alloggi

Cons

Personale contato

Productive and fun

Good company. Great benefits. I would recommend working there. Administrative and Sales positions can be tough to get into . Front line positions are plentiful

Pros

Discounted hotel rates

Cons

24 hours a day - 7 days a week

Excellent benefits. Room for advancement

Good company to work for. If you need time off the company is flexible. The pay of course depends on your position. It is on par or exceeds other similar hotel brands. There is room for advancement and the company likes to promote from within.

Pros

Excellent benefits

Cons

Dealing with rude guests

Fun people!

Fine place to work but not very much escalation. Pay is not as equitable to the job! Abrupt changes to policies that make it hard for you to do your job every day the customers will never really a problem the culture was never a problem.

Pros

Environment

Cons

Pay, and structure

Good place to work and great benefits

I enjoyed working there, an excellent place to work with great benefits. There are opportunities for advancement. Working in a hotel the hours are not consistent so prepared for that.

Grow with Marriott

Excellent company to get your foot in the door of hospitality. Great benefits. A lot of room for growth. Started in food and beverage, worked my way up to management in 3 years.

Good

Good company to work for very happy that I am here would recommend. Fun culture diverse group of people to work with. No downsides from where I can see

Opportunities

Job can be stressful but there are many opportunities for advancement if you put the time and effort in. Benefits are decent and you get discounts for hotel rooms throughout the world.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

I enjoyed learning how to advance within the company and was easy once you follow the way things are don't, which you also get competitive rewards for work well done. As well the amazing discounts on hotels and other kinds of free promotional stuff is actually very rewarding.

Pros

Free lunches and surprise goodies

Cons

Handlinfg escallated calls but can be turned into a pro whwn handled correctly

Not Bad

This is not a bad company to work for but it really depends on the location. Can be stressful when HK is behind or people have issues with their rooms but they are mostly solvable.

Pros

Lots of downtime

Cons

When the rush comes, its tough

Environment is awesome!

I never write any reviews but the truth is I enjoy my job. So I’ve worked at hotels before but this is the first time I could actually see myself moving up in the ranks . As a night auditor my work is very detailed. What I love most importantly our my guest. Management has been supportive and set the standard for such a iconic hotel as this. Overall if you get to work front desk or anywhere in the hotel take advantage of the opportunity.

Pros

Meeting people from all over the world.

Cons

Very busy and fast pace.

its a growing call center.

This job is not for everyone. It is a call center and they are trying to get faster and faster. So unless you know how to sell rooms or do a job you apply for fast this job is not for you. They do try to work with you but it is hard to catch up if you are slow.

Good place to work but needs improvement

management is great, co-workers are good but the environment is hostile because some tend to not get along. You do get free breakfast, seven days a week and dinner, Monday-Thursday.

Pros

discounts

Cons

not enough benefits

Great guests make the job worth it

If you are lucky to have a solid management team, the next best thing is the guest relationships you get to make. Depending on your property and your job title, you will get to meet such a great variation of guests. Understand people are paying for their services, and you are in the business of making people happy. But when the guests are great, it makes coming to work even better.

Hospitality business environment. Customer is always right.

Good company for entry level college graduates. You are able to work, grow if you fall into a good team. Otherwise, it’s a grind. Keep your eyes and ears open for opportunities throughout the company in order to move ahead.

Bajo salario

Ajustar los salarios para que sean más competitivos Mucho trabajo, no hay incentivo monetario que despierte en el empleado mayor sentido de pertenencia con la empresa.

Pros

Seguro Médico

Cons

Bajo salario

Te tratan como asociado

Increíble trabajar en Marriott, ambiente agradable Crecimiento

Pros

Todas las presentaciones

If you're lucky with good management

Overall, the company is great. I loved working for Marriott and would happily work for the company again. That said, you do need to be very lucky with management. There is good and bad management everywhere, and I was very fortunate to have amazing, supportive supervisors. Advancement is what you make it but it can be hard sometimes as it's very competitive. They do offer great pay for the hospitality industry but it could always be better for the amount of work you really do.

Good Company to Work For

Good culture, benefits and work life balance. There are always opportunities to learn about other disciplines and move up in the company. I could see myself working for the company for several years.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Work-Life Balance