Marriott International, Inc. logo

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 6,682 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Supportive and Fun Environment

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.

Pros

Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance

Good place good people

Fair management and good company culture. No issues or problems I could report. Every one got their job done and was efficient. Would definitely recommend to others.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Money

Great benefits! The health insurance, the room discounts, the salary...Can be difficult to be promoted if you are not part of the clic.I think that it used to be better but the company culture changed.

Pros

Amazing benefits

Cons

Hard to get promoted, a lot of bad managers

Great values, lowest wages

Marriott is known for being the lowest paid in the hospitality industry. To make up for that, you do get a great work/life balance and opportunity to move up and around. Most upper management and leadership are accessible and supportive.

Pros

Opportunity for advancement work/life balance, great company culture

Cons

Pay (especially for hourly associates) health insurance costs and lack of good plan option

Great place/ tough tines

I couldn’t make it work but I had my own things going on in my life. This place has great people who do their best. It’s a gem.If I had more time and more help this job would be great again.

Pros

Great company and GM

Cons

Current work climate limits work/personal life balance

Marriott was pretty nice!

Job was relaxed for the most part, standard 8:30-5pm. There was covered parking, a cafe that made fresh food! It wasn’t bad at all! I just the pay was higher

Pros

Lot of down time, you can work independently, work life balance

Cons

Pay

It's hospitality and we all know the drill

I thought working for Marriott would be an awesome experience but left me feeling really disappointed. I think it was more of the way this location was managed, the owner and the stakeholders.All workers were lovely people, hard-working and always ready to follow procedures. It's not an easy job working for a hotel, tough shifts (too early or too late), fast paced environment and sometimes you need to be ready to roll your sleeves and do other job's persons. I learned a lot, i had support from HR and manager all the time and training whenever I need it. That's a good thing about worldwide companies like Marriott, they can train you and offer you progression. I left because of many reasons, like the shifts, theres no balance because you need to start at 5.30am or start late and finish at 11pm, so you ended up feeling tired all the time. Also, I was alone during my whole shift in the Leisure Club, where you need at least another person to watch the reception when you are doing other things. I had to push heavy full trolleys with wet towels through an old structure inside the hotel. There was no safety during my job, i was handeling chemicals and lifting heavy things all the time. Cleaning even vomit or any other disgusting things that guests were doing inside the changing rooms (you could never imagined). Security never helped or made themselves helpful when some guests were acting abusive and aggressive.

Pros

Canteen, trainings, progression, you can request to work at any Marriott in the world.

Cons

No balance between life and work, minimum wage, no work safety

Excellent company culture.

I would definitely recommend this company to anyone. An extensive amount of areas for growth. Management is accommodating. The training there can be used practically in all areas of your life

Pros

Career advancement. Loyal company. Company Culture

Cons

Long Hours

Marriott International - the best career for 33 years! Its been a wonderful journey!

Its been a wonderful journey! I love what I get to do and the people I get to work with and meet everyday! If you don't want a job and you want a career - Marriott is the company for you!

Pros

Longevity, endless opportunities

A typical day at work

No complaints, straight forward job in security. Handled calls for service as well as patrolling. If your looking for a job where you can really develop hospitality skills this is the place to be.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

Empowerment and Training

Marriott was big on associate empowerment in order to take care of the guest. They also provided professional development opportunities which is beneficial for new employees on the Marrriott Way

Pros

Training

Cons

No Set Schedule

Best of the best hotel company

Trustworthy, competent leadership at a corporate level (as whole). Every property I worked at (5 in total) has fantastic executive leadership. Pay (for the industry) is above average & fair.Highly recommended Marriott International to those looking for a job. Like any company there are hiccups along the way, but there is endless opportunity for those who put the effort in to advance.

El ambiente de trabajo siempre fue respetado y armonioso

La mejor trabaje muy feliz durante el tiempo que estuve ahi,desafortunadamente el covi 19 trunco nuestros sueños,espero poder activarme nuevamente

Pros

Tiempo de descanso entre banquete y conferencias

Cons

Mucha carrera al servir en poco tiempo

great place to work

I had an awesome experience working with the marriott. There work life balance was excellent. Pay was fair and the perks were amazing. I had a fun staff and most importantly my co workers were a pleasure to do business with.

Overall good company

As with most big companies, pay and benefits (total compensation) are not great, although it is as expected. Work/life balance was good most of the time.

Pros

Lunch and parking were provided

Decent company...

This is a decent company to work for. Lot's of mobility. Plenty of opportunities for advancement. They respect your work/life balance, especially when you have a family.

Great company culture with corporate Marriott. I loved my manager and my peers. Hospitality can be stressful but also exciting. Great benefits, fair compensation but you do have to ask for it

Trabalhadores não tem direitos

Equivalente ao que se passa no Governo.Beneficiam familiares e amigos, trabalhadores estagiários são explorados e pior ainda não tem liberdade a nível pessoal.Direcção fica com o dinheiro de todos os eventos marcados por concierges, Rececao , etc...Uma autêntica exploracao

Pros

Nível dos clientes

Cons

Tudo

A luxury brand

Worth to enjoy the workforceIn the past working experience, I was employed at the Ritz-Carlton. The experience taught me to know more on people/humans. Overall, it is an unexpected experience for me to work with, and build up my own (future).Somehow simple words can be the best describe to everything.

Pros

Standards, Strict

Originally it was starwood and a great place but has gone downhill since marriott took over

It used to be a Starwood call center untill of 2018 when marriott took over the company and merged. Now the call center is under marriott and its a mess, No flexibly with work schedules, very stressful management doesnt care. They fire a quarter of there staff one month then have problems being to busy the next 5 months cause no one wants to apply any more.

Pros

Hotel discounts, but hard to use since they are rarely available

Cons

strict call outs, strict management, no flexibility not much room for growth or to spend time with family, rude guest

Productive place to eork

I enjoyed working for this company. Marriott has opportunities to advance and grow with the company. The company offer decent healthcare and dental insurance.

Pros

Employees hotel discounts

Cons

Shifts

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Work-Life Balance