Marriott International, Inc. logo

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 6,682 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Supportive and Fun Environment

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.

Pros

Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance

Cons

Change for the worst, no longer about caring about associates needs

I loved the camaraderie between manager and associates. My manager did what she could to answer our questions, give us training and tips where needed, and options to be promoted. The hours were great and some overtime options were provided. After the merger and pandemic, work life balance was no longer there. My manager left the company. Management now is different. It’s now about your call handle time, QA, and constantly working. So many associates aren’t feeling like the company is truly for them and are leaving left and right. Pay could be better, but no raises due to pandemic. Schedules are back to seniority rather than how well you’re doing.

Pros

Work from home, paid time off, emergency hours, benefits

Cons

Work life balance, schedule, lack of oversight

Multicultural staff makes for warm-hearted discussions when the pace is slow. We really were there for each other when the pace was fast!

Show them that you are a world citizen with no prejudices. They will treat you the same. They supported me and gave me greater confidence in driving a wide variety of vehicles.

Pros

Tips

Cons

The manager does not appreciate his employees at all we cannot get a raise for 2 years we do so much at the Resident Inn in the Woodlands tx

The manager does not appreciate his employee when it come down to raises we cannot get one for the next two years. We clean 9 to 14 room a day and cannot get a raise

Pros

no lunch time

Cons

don't have time to take a break

Great People Stressful Work

Great company, awesome co-workers but overall competitive atmosphere to get ahead without sufficient experience. I enjoyed coming into work each day for the people around me, but lack of predictable work schedule made it difficult for work-life balance.

Pros

Great travel benefits

Cons

Unpredictable work schedule

Productive and fun workplace

I enjoyed my time at Marriott South location in Houston. I was given opportunities and support by my management staff. I was able to grow in my career during my time there. I would recommend 100% as long as you are willing to work hard.

Great place to learn!

Definitely a good company overall. Lots of training easily accessible on the company HR website. There were opportunities to grow within the company (pre-pandemic). Depending on you leaders, your experience could be different.

Pros

Room to grow, good benefits

Cons

Glass ceiling

Hotel work is for the adrenaline junkie,

I didn't work directly for Marriott, so tried to key my answers to my position rather than the company. Marriott is a good solid company, if you can function well under pressure you will be OK.

Pros

Never a boring day

Cons

Lots of hours

Great company to work for

Great benefits, great training provided. Moving up is promoted and encouraged.Flexible work scheduleAbility to Shadow other departments That all I can remember

Pros

Benefits, vacation discounts

Productive and fairly a fun workplace

My work starts here at 9 AM and ends at 6 PM. but the ending time mostly extended to a few more hours. Constantly learning new things. Management seems strict but helpful too sometimes. They have a fairly strict and fun work culture. The most enjoyable part of the job here is you get to attend different kinds of events and also get to meet new people. All in all it's a fairly good experience.

Pros

friendly environment and free lunch, dinner, breakfast, tea break etc

Cons

sometimes Long hours

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

Great work environment, but not many career advancements in Marketing

Marriott is an amazing employer, tons of awesome travel benefits, out of all the big hotel companies to work for, Marriott is the best. I wanted to develop my career in Marketing and unfortunately, there is not many opportunities to do that at a local level.

It’s a Stable Company to Work

I like the stability and possibilities for growth. The pay is subpar and sometimes they will hire outside the company and pay them more which is unfair. You have a better chance of higher pay from coming in from outside the company rather than being promoted or working in one position for a long time. Good coworkers and allow flexibility in scheduling to accommodate personal time.

Pros

Schedule, Pto, coworkers

Cons

Pay, Promoting from Outside the Company

Great culture, as advertised!!!

This Company truly practices what they preach. Taking care of associates is the #1 priority! This creates an outstanding work atmosphere in which the team strives to achieve excellence.

Pros

Benefit Package

Cons

Schedule (hospitality)

Great company

Wouldn’t change a thing about the company. They care for their associates like they are family. The best thing was the associate room rate for travel. Was able to experience amazing resort hotels at a great price.

Ambiente de trabajo dovertido, pero un poco estresante.

El trabajo es muy estresante en temporadas, pero los jefes son muy felixibles en cuanto a horarios y diversas problemáticas que suscitan en el día a día.

Pros

Flexibilidad de los horarios

Cons

Extenuante en ocasiones

Great Place to work!

This is a great company to work for! The work life balance can be very hard sometimes with upper management not caring if you ever go home. But still, a good company.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Work life balance

Less productivity lot of learning team players

Work place was stressful learned a lot management not good healthy workplace culture to get back to work to work with fellow colleagues who make work Interesting

Great management and place for advancement

I have been working with Marriott for 5 years now and it’s a great place to work depending on your position. There is lot’s of room for advancement and leadership team is great. They help you succeed.

A good place to work, can move up if possible

I was satisfied working with the company a very good place to work and there is always different types of positions available to us associate I work with this company for 30 years

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Health care

I'm still working for Marriott, plan to retire here, benefits are the best that I know, if you work hard managers respect that, trainings are very good there is always potential abvance over all the best companies to work for.

Pros

Benefits, perks, coworkers.

Me encantó trabajar aqui

Es una buena oportunidad para todos los que cumplan con los requisitos, pero sobretodo no te ponen pretextos por edad como en la mayoría de las empresas mexicanas , tampoco hay discriminación. Si pudiera regresaría a este lugar a trabajar.

Pros

Buen ambiente laboral

Cons

Distancia en mi caso

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Work-Life Balance