Marriott International, Inc. logo

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 6,682 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Supportive and Fun Environment

As a customer service representative in the hospitality industry, the hardest part about this job was maintaining and friendly and welcoming attitude in the face of rude and entitled people. However, the days of dealing with those types of people were few and far between and all the other friendly and gracious faces you see make you forget all the bad ones. During the typical busy season, you can expect to be very busy answering non-stop phone calls while maintaining the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to your guests in your lobby, all while maintaining a busy shuttle schedule and other modes of guest transportation. My coworkers at this hotel felt like family members. Everyone has a team-oriented attitude and always works hard to support each other. The management team at this hotel is absolutely superb. They are friendly, supportive, and understanding. They work extremely hard to get you up to speed on your direct job tasks so that you feel confident about the work you do. If your desire is to work your way up the corporate ladder, they work very hard to teach you additional things you need to know in order to succeed. I never felt as though I was "beneath" any of the management and always knew if I needed a tough question answered, they were no further away than a phone call. In addition to being supportive at work, management cares about your personal life too; they work hard to help you balance your professional and personal time. If I hadn't had to leave the state due to personal reasons, I'd still be working there.

Pros

Management, big hotel/travel discounts, great health, dental, and vision insurance

Great company

Best company I have ever worked for and my favorite position that I ever held in my career. It was a great place to learn and grow. I enjoyed my position and my coworkers.

Pros

great benefits and pay

It was a good job

I can’t wait to go back to the hotel and get my happiness back I hope them call me back because they have very good benefits. And great place to work

Buen salario

Es un buen ambiente laboral, cumplen con lo que se habla en entrevista, como todos los empleos debes estar preparado para trabajar bajo presión y con muchas llamadas en espera por minuto. Ofrecen muchos beneficios, buen salario, contratación de nivel intermedio y buen ambiente dentro de operaciones. En cuanto al horario no es muy flexible y a veces es difícil equilibrar lo personal con lo laboral, por ejemplo si eres estudiante no hay horarios que se puedan acomodar fácilmente a tus necesidades. Sin embargo es un buen empleo y sus valores son llevados a cabo al pie de la letra, lo cual encuentro excelente.

Pros

Buen salario

Cons

No hay flexibilidad de horario

Helping others

It was cool you know I had a good time. I just wish they would talk to you more when it came to asking how your day was before coming into work and actually caring

Don’t stay too long

Don’t get comfortable always look for ways to advance. Always try to advance, because working the different shifts will cause you to miss important moments in life

Productive and Fun Work Place

Working for Marriott International was a life experience worth having. I not only made friends that will became family, the experience to interact with some of the most amazing people from all walks of life.

Pros

Family environment, Bonuses

Cons

Shifts

A lot of room for growth

Marriott offers many opportunities to grow. When in a management position you are able to move positions every year. Very supportive and fun company to work for. Work environment is one of a kind and very diverse.

Pros

Cheap hotel stays and great benefits

Cons

Work life balance

Interesting work, great people, though there can be long hours

A terrific company overall, though it has been materially impacted by the pandemic. The work is very interesting, with excellent potential for advancement, and there is good collaboration between different teams. The associates at HQ are bright, hard working, and work well together (e.g. not cutthroat). However, there can be long (e.g. 60+) work hours on a regular basis.

Pros

great people, interesting work, very collaborative, generous PTO

Cons

lackluster retirement match, long work hours are common across most teams

Long hours - no staff

Very long hours and no staff, especially when COVID hit. Difficult to hire staff due to the low pay. Required to work in various departments. Was great when there were people there but even pre-COVID, it was hard to retain good talent. Company culture has changed a lot. Benefits are ok if you can afford them.

Pros

Employees are great

Cons

Hiring staff is difficult

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

Productive & Fun work place

Good company to work forLong hoursPay scale not goodLess work life balanceRotational shiftsNo travelFree mealsExpandingFormal attireWell grooming

Pros

Free meals

Cons

The best people ever to work for

Clean and honest place to work. Friendly and supportive everyone makes you feel like family. Miss everyone very much the pandemic has made many changes.

Pros

Great perks

Cons

Not enough hours

I miss Hospitality

Worked at Marriott for three years. The good: atmosphere, never gets boring, benefits, and upward mobility. The larger the hotel, the crazier it gets.The bad: WORKlife balance (not much life, more work), pay is on the lower side, and the hours are chaotic depending on your department.

Pros

benefits, fun

Cons

pay, worklife

Good place to work. Very good benefits. Meets lots of people each and every day. Multiple opportunities to move up in the company. And easy to transfer.

Pros

Benefits, Customer Interaction

ok company to work for

ok company to work for, They do invest alot on training courses however the promotion aspects of the company is minimal. Individuals who have been in the company for many years should be promoted within.

Coworkers and cultural is what make it great

Work life balance comes with seniority. Management isn't always the best but I guess that's everywhere you go. Stress level is often more high then low. Hustle and bustle is nice but sometimes calm is needed and that's rare.

Pros

Pay is fair depending on location

Cons

Work life balance

Fun depending on management

It was a great place to work depending on the people you worked with they could either make your day or stress you out to the point you wanted to quit. Not much encouragement to move up you have to make that decision yourself

ideal for people who wants to challenge their versatility, pushing their abilities to different heights.

One of the Best experiences of my working career.Very demanding work environment, would love to do it again for another 10 years if i'm still in my prime years.

Pros

Unlimited opportunities, learning and trainings. Best for people who never gets tired of trying new things.

Cons

Personal Life has to take a back seat.

Yes, there are new people; new adventures; inspires; giving you strength; faith in the future

One of the most pleasant moments of this work begins in the evening/ when guests return from work and who from a walk or excursion; They come to you in a bar and you start to communicate with them; It's nice when they tell you about their views and problems. And when you listen carefully to them, you become a part of them;I will tell you one of the pleasant moments when prepare a cocktail or tea and a guest comes up to you and says that everything was in vain, then I feel not forgotten feelings and blogadarnost for the work;

Pros

gain experience, make new friends, learn to behave in difficult situations, work on yourself, get satisfaction, earn money.

Wonderful Culture

The positive Marriott culture and standards starts from the top executives and continues through property level management and associates through everyone’s buy in. Marriott fosters growths, encourages new and innovative ideas and celebrates all levels of associates. Through Marriotts steadfast, consistent culture and leadership associates feel empowered and hopeful for their future with the company. I feel so fortunate to have worked at various brands including an Autograph collection, Renaissance, W and the flagship brand Marriott Hotels where I was able to learn the unique twist each brand represents while at the same time always getting that same wonderful Marriott culture.

Pros

Culture, standards

Cons

Great company to work for!

Really good corporate culture. Fair compensation at the corporate level. Lots of layers of people so decision are sometimes made slowly which can be frustrating.

Pros

Fair compensation. Good Benefits.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Work-Life Balance