Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Dhaka

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,120 reviews

Productive and fairly a fun workplace

My work starts here at 9 AM and ends at 6 PM. but the ending time mostly extended to a few more hours. Constantly learning new things. Management seems strict but helpful too sometimes. They have a fairly strict and fun work culture. The most enjoyable part of the job here is you get to attend different kinds of events and also get to meet new people. All in all it's a fairly good experience.

Pros

friendly environment and free lunch, dinner, breakfast, tea break etc

Cons

sometimes Long hours

Beautiful environment, Excellent team management

The best place to work, I love to work with integrity, I am looking forward for wonderful opportunities. As a hotrlier I would love to be accurate about my work.

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Timings

Competitive Workplace

Competitive workplace with opportunities for learning and paced growth necessary and required for advancement in the industry and keeping up with the latest trends and technologies to stay competitve.

Doesn't have five star environment

Employees are not having any five star or some times even less than that. Always work under pressure from the management without any particular reason. So, it's very much difficult to work in this odd situation.

 Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations.  Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction.  Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints.  Regularly review product quality and research new vendors.  Organize and supervise shifts.  Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity.  Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products.  Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations.  Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it.  Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste.  Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses.  Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events.

Pros

Medical Insurance, Free meal, Transportation.

Cons

Medical benefits

Very nice work place like my family.

I worked at LE MERIDIEN DHAKA. Here my duties were attend guest complain, opareting chiller plant, & completing daily works. Here I learned so many things like BMS system, compression type chiller works, fire fighting training, first aid training, HACCP training etc. My management was suitable for workers they always had doing better for their coworkers to developing their working skills & life. My work place culture was suitable for me every colleagues were very helpful. Here various type's religious people. Any kind of hard works me & my team members completed very well. Every colleagues were very helpful and always they kept happiness with each others .

Pros

Free launch, 2 yearly bonus, 1performance bonus, others cultural programs, picnic etc.

Cons

If any kind of hard job that reason we stay long time.

friendly environment with challenges

friendly environment with challenges, supervisors, managers and other staffs were so helpful to me. there is a lot to learn from them. their facilities are well enough.

Pros

free treatment

Cons

tea break

A place with high standard service culture

Emphasis on health, family, and environment Positive reinforcement Compassion, respect, and understanding Cooperation, support, and empowerment Open and honest communication

Great work environment

Awesome place to work, specially when you see the place to grow from ground up. Great team and people. Becomes a bit tricky when it comes to Work/ life balance.

I am happy to work with westin

I an educated . hard worker. I want to reach my potencial and to stay with this brand.guest service. Safety and security work place clean and Mantanance up keep.

Pros

Free breakfast. Lunch

Cons

Short tea break and free health treatment

What I learned?

I have learned my specific area of work in HR like, Leadership Performance Process, HR Planning & Forecasting. Etc. I also learn how to work with senior management as well as HR Audit, Payroll etc.

System

World standard system is following by management. Thats why comfortable for working. There was mostly experience guys in every departments. So they had ability to Handel any situation.

Pros

Free buffet.

Cons

Duty meal

Good Service Culture Attitude

Well, Westin is one of the best hotel in Bangladesh. It has a high brand standard. Good working environment. Starwood are really taking care of established service culture attitude.

Very high expensive food,, Very good working palace.

This is my first a Brand hotel job Experience. I enjoy every moment, I learn evey time.I work here very experience Chef.They have enough food knowledge.

Pros

Yes company Provide breakfast & Lunch food

Cons

8 hours working time & 1 hours rest time. Medical facility available

Great Pre-Opening Experience

Amazing Pre-opening experience, we had a great pre-opening team who worked tirelessly to open the hotel on time. Westin Dhaka became the trendsetter in the city and it became the learning center for most of the top hoteliers now working in Bangladesh hotel industry.

productivity

• August 2010-Sep 2012: Worked as Chef De Parties Asian cuisine with different International Chefs and breakfast cook, also under Food & Beverage production department for The Westin Hotel Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Fun and happy time always. I can change time when even I need. They care about my family I get medical support. Doctors here always supportive.

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Work shift

fun work pleace

no hardest part management is good every day i enjoy co-workers was friendly

Pros

free lunch

Cons

short break

Productive and enjoyable work place with delicious free lunch and everything required present within the office

A typical day includes being in touch with current clients while always hunting for new business. The Westin Dhaka has taught me how to handle a mix of personalities and people from different backgrounds, further it has created a solid base to build a sales profession, if i ever choose to. The management gives immense opportunity and recognizes hard work, a downfall is that the everyday system can be school like with strict timings and guidelines. The associates working here are generally warm but not always helpful. One of the the most difficult part of the job is to deal with certain supervisors of other departments who are inept and unprofessional however will behave like they know everything. Not to mention that I work on an average 10 hours a day, 6 days a week and have little time for anything else hence a very poor work and life balance. However, the comfort of working in a hotel, a wonderfully understanding and competent boss and the easy access to information or amenities (food, air line tickets, tailors, etc) makes it an above average working environment.

Pros

free lunches, car facilities, discounts

Cons

the asscoaites, little respect for women, management, strict guidelines

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Dhaka