Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Niagara Falls, ON

Found 69 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Knowledge and Work

It has been a great experience to work at Marriott as I work at Marriott on The Falls Hotel. The working environment is very good. The staff is very responsible and help each other. It is a very good experience to work with Marriott International.

Great place to work, bad management

I didn't have the best experience there. The system they use is super old and it's easy to make mistakes (so old it's black screen like you are coding), the supervisors were usually rude to help you out or to help with a problem and they usually hire many people and only give them few hours.

Pros

employee discount

Cons

old system, bad management

Liars

Only way to get ahead to kiss the corporate butt. Terrible management, company culture, and pay scale. Only hotel in the region that doesnt have a union, and it shows. Expect to be fired if you mention it.

A good starting point for career development

A typical day includes developing reports, dashboards and ad-hoc reports. Pricing for groups, price changes on various channels, database management and other ad-hoc request

i would work there again

Good staff. easy to talk too management. Self-rewarding job. lunch is free and snacks always available. learned alot about time managment met a lot of great people and friends

Proactive and a great workplace to work, liked working .

I enjoyed working for Marriott and wished I could have stayed working for Marriott longer than one year,but personally situations I had to move to welland Ontario. I would love to work for Marriott Resort again.

depends where you are, and how your management team work

Different managers, different atmosphere in the work place. Marriott discounts are great, hotels and perks are incredible. Salary/wages are pretty competitive as in Canada there is a hourly wage+gratutities

good place to work

great place to start learning in a larger environment, co-operative staff and management to help and teach throughout. great enthusiasm in team and highly collaborative.

Beautiful location and setting

The job was ok until I had a death in my immediate family. I called my supervisor to let them know. The response was “ Do you know how difficult this makes it for me?” Not a word of condolences

Dont work here

this place is horrible, the management is terrible, they force you to stay past your end time or even close without asking, you will get yelled at about the smallest thing if you are a closer, you’re not allowed to take off certain days because apparently there isn’t someone to close for you, the director of food and beverage tells you you look miserable and will make you feel terrible all the time and treats employees with no respect, many other reasons there is so much wrong with this place! You will also get yelled at about going into overtime

Left much to be desired

I spent nearly two years there, and would not recommend anyone I know work there. The environment was very toxic and negative. Everyone was always looking for a scapegoat. Not a lot of communication, and very poor management. Aggressive tactics. Lots of difficult situations and working environments.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Salary, management

Good pay, great management, old proprietary management system

Great place to work as Front desk management is very professional. The Hotel Proprietary system is so old you need a week training to learn it which mostly uses the keyboard unlike newer systems. The best to learn how to work the ins and outs of the system is to work Night Audit. The duties you do actually demand effort and brainwork unlike other Night Audit jobs where you just stare at a wall until morning. This place will teach you the sense of urgency and vastly improve your organizational skills.

Pros

Great pay, management

Cons

Old and obsolete computer system

Co-workers are great

The people that work there (supervisors and co-workers) are all awesome. Hours are somewhat flexible which is helpful, and all training is provided. They don't push you to do things before you are ready, so you can really be comfortable.

Learning atmosphere to grow

Marriott International is a great place to be employed. More than you give them, you get back. I got to learn so many things from my chefs. i learnt how to handles conflicts and problems.

Terrible management.

If you want to work in a kitchen, avoid Morton's at all costs. "Chef" is a terrible person to work for who will yell at you and belittle you infront of all the staff, or pull you into a walk-in cooler to "talk" with you.

Pros

Not any I can think of

Cons

Terrible work environment

I loved working at the Marriott.

Working at the Marriott was one of the highlights of my life. The people I worked with were some of the best relationships I've ever formed. It became my second family, and I learned things there that took me years to fully appreciate. The complexities of that kind of environment really help you to grow as a person.

Pros

Too many pros to list.

Cons

Being in Niagara Falls, job security was pretty unstable. (not the company's fault)

Team work is success

The more you give, the more they are expected on you to complete the job well-done . Focus on what the standard is for the policy after while give them what the best in you to complete the job

Hard work, Bad management

I started to work here as a Room attendant. Hard physical work, which I love to do, I was enjoying the job a lot. The reason I quit was the management, or lack there of. Employees are treated poorly and spoken to rudely when asked questions about the work and other related topics. As a room attendant, we need to know the room status, whether it's empty or is a guest in there. There was a bit of a confusion one day regarding certain rooms. I needed to ask about certain rooms' status, for which I was told by my manager, "you make my life miserable", and not even in a funny way. At another occasion, I was calling in to let them know that I was going to be a bit late due to car trouble. I barely said "I am calling in because...", when my manager chimed in and said "You're in few weeks and calling in already. Ok thank you", and slammed the phone down. Just a few reasons why I quit; just thought I should share my experience. Thank you

Pros

Lunch buffet is good, colleagues were friendly

Cons

Management, rude behavior, supply shortage, unprofessional work culture

Good

This job paid the bills and was able to save enough to move out west. It was a typical front desk job and it was fun working there. I would recommend this job.

This job was very fast paced and good if you work well on your own.

Working here I was surrounded by both positive and negative energy often. The employees were very positive and helpful as some of the management, other parts of management were drama filled and choose favorites. I worked well with other and on my own so this job was a good fit for me because some nights you're left to your own and management isn't around much. That being said this restaurant is no longer open and new owners bought it.

I had never worked in a hotel before, it really was a lot of fun. My co- workers were amazing and helpful. The best part about working here was meeting people from all over the world.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Niagara Falls, ON