Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Sarnia, ON

Found 39 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Enjoyable

Training, training and more training, it was a win win for all involved as if you treat your staff great then they will treat the company great and that’s a satisfying feeling all around

Pros

Great perks, hotels, meals, shirts, cash incentives

Cons

Hours weren’t always to accommodating but were made to work out in the long run

This is a terrible place to work

The management is terrible nobody is willing to help when you need it, you’re literally on your own. I feel like this is a good company but this is a terrible location where it’s impossible to succeed or advance. Things change constantly with no warning or support. Not even management can keep up with the changes. The customers are very angry and hard to deal with because they have been wronged by this company. Upper management pretends to care but nothing changes. I would recommend steering clear of my place Canada.

Pros

Absolutely nothing except the hotel discount

Cons

Everything about this opportunity is terrible

Marriott offered opportunities for advancement

My immediate supervisors were awesome! Opportunities for advancement. Enjoyed teaching incoming Customer Service Agents. I was able to gain extra computer and teaching experience. Great benefits.

Pros

Discounted hotel rates

Productive, independant environment. Plenty of virtual social interaction.

Typical day involves dealing with customers needing assistance with booking reservations, modifying current reservations, providing answers, dealing with complaints. Management is very supportive, respond to requests for additional training, resolving schedule conflicts, providing guidance for improvement. Technology issues can be very frustrating. Satisfaction and bonuses for doing the best to help customers is very rewarding.

Pros

Working from home, no travel expenses.

Cons

Social isolation.

Gamble depending who manager is

Good manager...not bad to work there. Bad manager...find something else asap. No one will help resolve the issue. You will simply be put on a neverending treadmill that makes it "look" like they are trying. If the manager complies, you're fine. If the manager doesn't comply, you're on your own. Annual pay raises never keep up with cost of living. A P

Pros

Good manager...good place to work.

Cons

Bad manager...cut your losses. Annual raises never keep up with cost of living.

Not Meant for Everyone.

Although the job doesn't involve any heavy-lifting (or lifting at all) I still found that sitting at home all day everyday for work made my body feel worse than a day in a factory. Don't get me wrong, some people will love working from home but for those of you who think it'll be good but still feel unsure, DON'T. I found myself becoming depressed within the first two months of the job. I did not realize how much I enjoy a physically demanding job until I worked here. The pay is meh, $15.65/hour is what I was making and as long as you don't mind the manager micromanaging everything you say (they consider it an unscripted position but for the most part, there's a considerable focus on sticking to saying what they tell you to say) it's pretty reasonable. They do place a heavy emphasis on advancing through positions which is nice for employees who can tough out the beginning of the experience. Overall, unless you've worked at a call centre or from home before, I wouldn't recommend this job.

Excellant company to work for

They give you top notch training, top notch support. You can always con to work knowing you will have the tools needed to be successful. Only downer was the balance between work life and personal life.

Great for someone that wants to stay at home, but very isolating

This job can be isolating. If you are wanting to stay at home to spend more time with your children, this job is not for you. You do need to be able to be attentive to the calls and it is very fast-paced. You basically say goodbye and hello to the next customer in the same sentence. It is tough to get shifts changed or covered. It is also frustrating as you are not provided with working equipment. I had my equipment replaced MULTIPLE times and still has issues as their main operating system and customer booking website crashes often and has multiple issues daily. If you have a lot of patience you will be better suited for this job. The technology is not on your side, and the management is unable to help you as often as needed with tech issues during your calls.

Disappointed

I was hired in 2015 to work for their call Centre with 2 weeks training which was amazing training. Once hired and on the phones downhill all the way. We then started working from home, excellent. I was hired as a bilingual agent. The job entailed non stop calls with 5 seconds between calls. It was like working in a garment industry in Bangladesh. My first year I generated 3.3 million in sales and was give a .67 cents raise. therefore min wage plus small slap in the face raise. I quit after 14 months as the stress was so intense. My first job with Marriott Hotels Toronto Airport was the exact opposite, amazing place to work. I loved it. They treated us amazingly well. The call centre environment however was very very bad.

Experience

Enjoyed the benefits and the ability to work from home, but it does have its cons. Shifts aren't great for people with families. Hard to get a day shift. Almost always need to work weekends. It's a great experience for someone out of school needing to gain experience, but it's not enough if you're raising a family. Everyone I met seemed lovely, but I always got the feeling that they hired who they know and weren't forgiving if you left and wanted to come back.

Great Management team!!

I worked at a Reservation Call Centre. The hardest part of the job was trying to explain to impaired guests that yes, they were calling The Marriott, call centre... O was unable to greet them at the front door to let them in.

Good

Very well organized company with good benefits and fair pay, work-life balance not good have to be available evenings weekends holidays even Christmas Day

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

24/7 company

Excellent employer

Working in the Marriott family has been a truly wonderful and life expanding experience. Working with the platinum guest is the best part of the Marriott job.

Okay Place to Work

Great training class, technical issues once home employed. The trainers are amazing and depending on your manager you will love the job. Wish everyone luck in the future!

•Operating varying electronic monetary verification systems •Applying my team building, critical thinking and leadership skill to my everyday tasks •Applying proper record keeping, analysis and reporting

Horrible place to work

Stats...stats....stats... always have to make quotas... expectations very high...with little compensation Horrible GM.... no contact with employees... two faced...condescending All upper management should be replaced. no work/life balance

Really loved this job!!

Due to health reasons I had to leave this job, awesome group to work with locally and a great company that really cares for its staff. Really regret having to leave my position.

Pros

Benefits, full time great company

Cons

None that I know of

Decent job for that type of work

For a call centre type job, it seems better than most. There's great perks for working there and it is a pretty decent company for people to work at. Hard to work your way up to daytime shift.

Productive and fun workplace

Flexible work schedules, always ways to earn extra cash and fun incentives. Great managers who are always willing to work with you and help with whatever is needed.

Great Company To Work For!

Since its a home-based work, my home support was not 100% and I have two small kids. My shift was 2 pm to 1 am, I chose that shift so that I could have 3 straight off days. I miss the hours, reg pay and performance bonus. I just wished I had better home support, even at 75% it would have been worth it to stay. They have lots of overtime hours and people are always trading shifts. I miss this job a lot. Management was very accommodating and co-workers are always there to answer your questions. Most guests calling in are polite and patient. Their hotel stay discounts and other employee benefits are superior to other companies. If they ever open up a call centre, I would not hesitate to go back.

Pros

Annual company picnics, employee discounts, support at the click of the mouse, fellow agents encouraging and cheering you on.

Cons

Once in a while, rude customers.

Great company to work for

Had to leave due to two disabilities making me less capable to do this specific work. Disabilities - hand tremors and short term memory challenges. This Type of work requires both of these to fulfill customer interactions in timely fashion and keep statistics to high level needed. Loved the work, the people interaction, and "work from home" scenario.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Only my disabilities as I grew older.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Sarnia, ON