Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in St. Thomas, ON

Found 91 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

There are slow times and busy but great

I loved working there you were able to help guest find exactly what they looking for especially families that could afford a memorial holiday which did not cost them an arm and leg. You were able to have things ready as requested by guest. And most of all you left the guest excited about their upcoming vacation and you spoke with someone new ever day.

Pros

Something new everyday

Cons

Sometimes not being able to help the guest the way they would like it.

I enjoyed learning how to advance within the company and was easy once you follow the way things are don't, which you also get competitive rewards for work well done. As well the amazing discounts on hotels and other kinds of free promotional stuff is actually very rewarding.

Pros

Free lunches and surprise goodies

Cons

Handlinfg escallated calls but can be turned into a pro whwn handled correctly

Review

I enjoyed working there. All the great friendships that were made and all the amazing colleagues I had the pleasure of working with. The atmosphere was amazing I enjoyed the team I was on while working there for close to 5 years

Although stressful there was a lot of support to get better at your job

Promoted quickly and had several salary increases within a year. Enjoyed talking to the customers and members and some co-workers and managers were very nice to work with.

Pros

Great benefits and lots of training/coaching to get better.

Cons

Being "on" for long periods of time can be exhausting.

Great Company, Great Employees

A fun learning Company, that treats the employees very well. Alot of the work is now remote, so that is a bonus as you work from home. The Managers are a very professional and friendly team.The great customer service I give to the Hotels as well to the guests, makes me feel very proud to work for Marriott International. I thoroughly enjoy my job.

Pros

Explore Rate, highly discounted travel rate

Excellent company to work for

They want you to succeed and support you always. Managers there to help. Fun activities and free lunches occasionally. Very community oriented. A lot of fund raisers. Great training practices.

Stress filled work environment

People cry at their desks every day. Marriott does not live up to the business model they present. Management is disappointing. Nice to talk to guests.

Fun and very professional workplace

Excellent work benefits Great employees/staff/managers Room for growth Awesome staff perks Guests would leave happy They give you top notch training, top notch support. You can always con to work knowing you will have the tools needed to be successful. Only downer was the balance between work life and personal life.

Busy & stressful at times. Customers think they should get rooms & meals included for $50.-not going to happen. And then they want to have upgrades.

Very busy call center and working with customers on the phone is sometimes very difficult. Phone connections sometimes not too good while people are driving and calling in and customers get made at you when you can't hear or understand them. Sometimes very stressful but managers and Marriott are fair and do their best to keep you comfortable in your role.

Inspirational workplace and company culture with lots of advancement opportunities

I have enjoyed working every moment at Marriott. It's a global company with great vision to lead the workforce. From day one, the trainers, HR staff and management have demonstrated that they care about their employees. There's an amazing work culture at the call center with lots of advancement opportunities to build up your resume. The company provides benefits after 90 days and a company-matching pension plan after 6 months on the job. The benefits also cover other things including medical/prescriptions, dental and vision. You do have to pay into the benefit, but the company covers most of the cost of the benefit program. The job can be stressful at times depending on the calls that you handle; however, as with any job it helps to have a positive attitude. The salary is lower for entry level agents; however, the wage does increase for more tenured agents. There are many tenured employees working for the company. I can see myself sticking with this company for the very long-term.

Productive and fun

I enjoyed working for Marriott. There are a lot of fun and outgoing supervisors to work for. If I had to recommend a friend or family member to the company I would have no problem doing so.

Fast Paced Customer Service

Marriott International is fast paced, and can be stressful. Depending on your coping skills. In recent times there has been a dramatic change in management and things have become much better for progression.

great team

Working here was fast paced, a lot of fun and was involved with community activities and charities. I liked my supervisors and they were really involved in insuring everyone succeeded.

Excellet Employment with many opportunities to grow

Excellet Employment with many opportunities to grow. I was able to move up in my career very fast and was provided everything i needed to get there. There was many great people to work with.

Wonderful

Loved working here everyone is supportive. Got rude customers but part of the job. Management is great. Have a bunch of things for employees like prizes raffles

Pros

Great people

Cons

Rude customers but ifs a call center lol

Poor Place to Work With terrible management/supervisors

supervisors know very little and are unable to assist in serious or everyday situations. very incompetent and unprofessional place to work. You also rarely receive your bonus for completing or exceeded service expectations.

Stressful environment

Benefits, incentives and co-workers were great however it tends to be a stressful job and management at the St. Thomas CEC lacks a lot of skills that make for a great management team.

Dont apply here

Constant harassment. 11 minutes per day for your bathroom break. Management very condescending and rude. No chance for advancement and no matter how many bookings you get out of one call ... nothing comes of it re $$ because you took too long completing the sale? But the management gets the commission.

Interesting place.

It is a great job to have that includes benefits and extra hours to work at anytime. Only downside is you're starung at a screen all day so you may get some headaches, that is easily remedied because of the breaks system and the management understanding.

Pros

Easy to advance

Cons

Staring at a screen all day may give headaches.

Awesome people

I was grateful to worked with Marriott/Starwoodhotels for 3 years. The people I've worked with are awesome, nothing beats the teamwork spirit. My supervisor is an amazing person and very supportive and take cares of her team. Employee perks are awesome as well! Thank you for the opportunity given to me.

Pros

employees perks and benefits

Cons

can be stressful dealing with people's complains sometimes

Too many people in one room

I was very uncomfortable with the fact that when you started your shift you had to go through a sea of people to find an open area to work. I would have preferred to have an assigned station that I could go to each shift.

Pros

Casual dress code

Cons

strict schedules; ever word spoken and keystroke recorded

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • St. Thomas, ON
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?