Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Leeds

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

The most magical place to work

I started at the Marriott Leeds as a young 16 year old college student on a work placement, and I couldn't have been more fortunate to be placed in such a wonderful hotel. I felt so much warmth and love and support from all those around me, so eager to help me grow and develop. You are empowered to take accountability and responsibility for your actions, giving you the ability to go above and beyond for your guests, amazing recognition scheme and fantastic benefits/staff rates. Marriott truly is a company which values and cares for its associates, we are listened to and valued and appreciated. Associate appreciation day every year is like Marriott Christmas, everyone is celebrated and celebrates each other. Marriott culture is so uplifting and empowering, every day I woke up as excited to head to the hotel as the guests, I thrived from the experience I gained at the Marriott and blossomed into a wonderful career. I think if I started anywhere else I wouldn't have the same genuine passion, energy and enthusiasm for the industry and could not have been prouder to work for such a company. I used to walk around the city centre on my lunch break in my uniform just to show it off! The opportunities within the company are endless and everyone around you has the same common goal, to make it memorable for the guests. Often if companies tell you they are 'like a family' this can be a huge red flag, but when a company really is like a family they don't feel the need to say it and I never heard that phrase at the Marriott, yet I knew every face in the building and spoke with everyone I -

Pros

Free meal on shift, Living wage, Community culture, Endless opportunities, Great rewards and benefits package.

Cons

Not as much recognition/award opportunities for casuals(0 hour contracts).

Great company

Great company to work for , shifts are a bit tiring . Not enough stuff on busy days and good management and friendly colleagues. Definitely recommend it

Good workplace environment with lots of energy

Staging rooms for conferences and events Food and drinks service Good positive vibes from the management and always well staffeNearly always fed and breaks are well regulated. Free staff taxi home after late finishes Opportunities to learn other departments

Fun and different day, everyday.

Working at The Marriott gives you a new experience daily, allowing you to meet and interact with different guests from places all over the world and you get to make their stay special.

Productive and fun workplace

Company with inconsistent hours, however when the hours are high, the perfect job. Always an understanding manager who makes it easier to integrate into the team.

productive and fun work environment

The hotel is a great place to work. I really like the management style of the hotel who are always concern about the welfare of the staff. Overall it was a pleasure to work with the hotel

Pros

flexible work schedule

Cons

It was good work and time,good team and managment,nice activities for worlers its was realy good time.

work was mostly same everyday,sometimes I had overtime in difference departments,if realy sometimes was hard days but I enjoyed it,I had good time,learned better language-team and managment always helped to me -it was so good ,I have comleted NVQ 2,5 levels aswell with help of managment.I have good work skill now,managment was very friendly and always ready to help with any questions,co-workers -I can say was good team ,hardest part of the job some days in room attendant work,when was all vacants sometimes in C&E department when was so big party,but it was intresting ,enjoyable-always new guests from difference countries and them appreciate for my work-its realy made my happy,sometimes no need to much only nice words.

fun/learning

- Reports to the food and beverage manager. - Held responsible for the restaurant order takings, telephone handling, cash handling - Familiar with all the food and beverage departments - Very experienced with the micros operating system - Familiar with Marriott rewards program and understood about the various levels in it - Food hygiene and health safety standards - NVQ level 1 in security training

An enjoyable place to work, with a lovely, diverse bunch of people!

A typical day at work involves preparing for the following weeks conference and events business. As supervisor, I also assist the Senior Events Manager with the day to day running of the office. This involves preparing forecasts, ensuring data integrity in our booking system is to a consistently high standard, and assisting colleagues with training and development. I have learned many things with Marriott, and I feel the experience I have gained with this company will be invaluable to me when making future career choices and decisions. I have worked with a varying type of management styles, and feel that I have had the most support, development and trust from my current manager, and senior management team. If I were to leave Marriott, I honestly don't think I could have a negative word to say about my time working with them!

Pros

Pension scheme, staff discounts, free lunches on shift

working day

I am responsible for all customer interaction on a daily basis. I deal with retail orders and reps in order to provide the best retail strategy for our target demographic. I also take membership and booking inquiries over the phone. I have also been trained in membership and customer care booking.

Pros

lunch provided

Cons

basic low hour contract

Proactive customer focussed sales environment

There is not a typical day at work. The environment is first and foremost people focussed in exceeding and managing expectations. I have learnt to be pro-active in searching for new business, generate leads / appointments and build on relationships in a highly competitive market. The management style has empowered me to take ownership of sales or marketing focussed projects and strategy. This is the most enjoyable part of the job as I like see results grow from start to finish.

Pros

Training, Core Values, Empowerment, People focussed

Cons

Some unsociable hours

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Leeds