Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in London

Found 159 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Fun work place and satisfying

No review , they are perfect and I would not change a thing. Their organisation is the only one that I would like to retire from. They have a great pension plan and also, they give you the option to work still even if you are retired

Pros

Bicycle scheme

Illusions

Considering myself a very strict person, punctual and pedantic, I found working for Marriott is the worst experience, very mean lean money making machine exploiting staff. GM enjoying the facility but no one else

Pros

Made few friends

Cons

Everything is a con

It's hospitality and we all know the drill

I thought working for Marriott would be an awesome experience but left me feeling really disappointed. I think it was more of the way this location was managed, the owner and the stakeholders.All workers were lovely people, hard-working and always ready to follow procedures. It's not an easy job working for a hotel, tough shifts (too early or too late), fast paced environment and sometimes you need to be ready to roll your sleeves and do other job's persons. I learned a lot, i had support from HR and manager all the time and training whenever I need it. That's a good thing about worldwide companies like Marriott, they can train you and offer you progression. I left because of many reasons, like the shifts, theres no balance because you need to start at 5.30am or start late and finish at 11pm, so you ended up feeling tired all the time. Also, I was alone during my whole shift in the Leisure Club, where you need at least another person to watch the reception when you are doing other things. I had to push heavy full trolleys with wet towels through an old structure inside the hotel. There was no safety during my job, i was handeling chemicals and lifting heavy things all the time. Cleaning even vomit or any other disgusting things that guests were doing inside the changing rooms (you could never imagined). Security never helped or made themselves helpful when some guests were acting abusive and aggressive.

Pros

Canteen, trainings, progression, you can request to work at any Marriott in the world.

Cons

No balance between life and work, minimum wage, no work safety

ok company to work for

ok company to work for, They do invest alot on training courses however the promotion aspects of the company is minimal. Individuals who have been in the company for many years should be promoted within.

Excelente grupo hoteleiro para trabalhar .Recomendo

Trabalhei no Grupo Marriott Hotel alguns anos e recomendo . Muito humanos e nunca senti pressao no meu trabalho. Muita camaradagem entre funcionarios .

Very hectic

At Harriott i worked during the busy days and it wasn’t very organised. As more customers were arriving, it was difficult to attend to all while making sure that everything was ready for them. Including their table being set up , ensuring that cups were filled and other enquires.

Perfect place to work

The workplace culture is amazing and I enjoy to work there, the people are very friendly and that place inspires me peace of mind and security.!!!!!!!

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

Short hours

Great company

This is a great company to work for they help you grow and give your the right training to excel in your career. Depending on your role and where your base you can be very fast Pace

Pros

Training and development

Productive and friendly environment

I learnt a lot about team work and costumer service while working here. Staff are always friendly and helpful as well as the guests. There is a lot of trust and communication between the team and management which makes working there more enjoyable.

Good place where working

Marriott is a really great company to work for. They strongly believe in their employees and they are not afraid to invest in their knowledge and skills

Creative and fun workplace

The company has a great culture that is build around people, emplyees and guests alike. Being and industry leader technology is always develpoing to enhance guest experience.

The biggest company in the hotel industry

Marriott is a great place if you wish to progress in your career. It is a fast-paced environment with a lot of policies and procedures to learn which will take you further if you know we are you heading to. I had colleagues being promoted twice within 9 months, enough for them to move to better places and positions. It is worth to consider working at Marriott International if you are young and ambitious and keen to move on quickly on the career ladder.

Pros

Free meals (lunch and dinner).

Cons

Low salary.

Productive and fun place

I worked within an international team, in an excellent climate. The company put people first, and offers excellent standards, fantastic strong core values. I enjoy a lot of benefits, I highly recommend this company.

Big hospitality brand

As an international hospitality group Marriott offers lots of opportunity to work in different countries if you are willing to relocate however unless you are a GM there is no expatriate package. There are long work hours mainly because of relatively slow system and process following steps. It is not a surprise but hospitality sector pay relatively less for the same job as other industry sectors and is for pasionate people. The big advantage is that you can evolve quite quickly in the different positions even without a university degree.

Amazing

Togheter we are better !!! Full Day - HOD Meetings Support People Friendy people and amazing culture Have always something new to do Respect the people

Long hours not extra pay or holidays - poor working environment

Long hours, no time off in lieu or overtime. Dirty place to work and management need much needed training on stress and mental health. Nothing in place for stress or mental health for employees across the board except for management. Culture of chiefs and underdogs.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, dirty place to work

Work experience

Was a good place for work experience as you get a great feel of what its like to work in hospitality and also get to work in different areas. very enjoyable.

Pros

free lunch, good experience.

Cons

can be tiring.

Not bad if this is your first role

Great atmosphere, poor salary in all departments, management needs improving but the best thing are the people you will work with, very passionate and fun and friendly

International Company

The company is international there are many hotels around the world so it depends how lucky you are in each workplace. The salaries are average and the workload same

Fun

Good place to work, you are well looked after and have job security. Marriotts values are very clear and well delivered looking after the staff comes first.

Great workplace

Best company to work for ! Very good management Grow courses available Good payment Human Resources they are doing a great job It was a pleasure to work for them They make you fell appreciate for your work Well done Marriott

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • London