Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Anaheim, CA

Found 41 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

ProductIive and appreciated

Loved the company and my department was treated great by management and employees felt appreciated and they took our advise and let us make suggestions to help out our department

Nice environment

busy day all we work together and we are very organize we do learned that is we don't work together is not easy to finish the task because is all about service

Best Company in benefits and personal treatment and very good payment

The best company in benefits and personal treatment And very good pay Everything is fair with the hours, the deal is equal to all of us Food is free Parking also I am very happy to work for the marriott hotel only a large family working as a team to be very good hosts for guests

Es una excelente empresa

Es una empresa con muchos valores siempre se preocupa por sus empleados

Great management

Property usually has great guest. Great people working for the company. Great environment to work in. Usually always have tools needed to complete job.

Family-friendly hotel, very unique compared to other Marriott hotels.

My Bistro shift from beginning to end was such a great experience everyday. Each day was different in an amazing way interacting with different guests and fulfilling their needs. Some guests would stay for a weeks time and they started to feel like family when they would come down each morning for their usual coffee. I learned how to multi-task making coffee and heating up pastries efficiently. Everything was very face-paced which I am passionate about. I enjoyed working with all my employees and learning different techniques to become a better worker. All the required tasks needed to be done were out of my comfort zone, but I was able to learn quickly and apply my knowledge to get through my shifts. The best part working at this hotel was that it is located right next to Disneyland, so the work environment was warm and welcoming. Being able to see satisfied guests with a bright smile on their face at 6:00 a.m. makes me feel like I am not even at work. Employees and guests felt like family from the first day I started.

Work orders pms mechnical equipment reading customer service

Working at the Marriott was a rewarding experience from day one. I will always feel proud to say I worked at the Marriott and am forever grateful for the knowledge acquired while working there. If you have the chance to work there you should feel blessed.

Marriott

I definitely enjoyed working at the Marriott. I gained experience I never expected and met people who were very friendly. The pay was great and being able to drive all sorts of cars was a plus

Pros

Guest and driving a variety of cars.

Cons

N/a

Stressful

The location that i worked in was under renovation, it was a franchise property and management had no idea what they were doing. there was constant turn over of employees and management.

Guest Service

check in and check out guests. Set up wake up calls. Give directions to local attractions. Print parking passes. Help with bell stand and concierge service.

Pros

fun environment, opportunities for advancement

Cons

pay, hard to get vacation approved

Hotel General Manager Job Description

A hotel general manager is rensponsible for the day to day management of the hotel and its staff and is accountable for planning, organizing, and directing all hotel services, including front of the house (reception, concierge, and reservation) services, food and beverage operations and housekeeping.

Fun work pleaces

Its fun work pleaces and always busy and learn new things everyday. People there are very helpful and when you ask for help they help you and work with your work days.

Pros

Own lunchs

Cons

Short breaks

Fun place

Always meeting new people from all over the world.Enjoyed talking with them and trying to make the visit a great one ,seeing the kids excitied knowing they were going to disneyland down the street

Pros

Great boss

Cons

Shift I worked

My Experiece at the Anaheim Marriott

I worked for Marriott International at the Anaheim Marriott for almost 29 years. My position was eliminated. The GM said he "did need an assistant." I worked for 4 excellent general managers who I thought highly of and they respected and appreciated my work. The last GM, I believe didn't know how to use an assistant. He had a track record for his assistants quitting or leaving. I was disappointed but respect his decision.

Pros

Marriott Culture, Customer Satisfaction driven, High Standards of Service and Pride in Excellence

Cons

focus became only about the money

I loved working for Marriott

Marriott is a wonderful company! Great benefits. Wonderful pay. Amazing. Hotel perks are outstanding. Wonderful place to work. Great hours. Would say its one of the best jobs ive had!

Pros

Great place to work.

okay

they really are really bad with giving new people hours its more of an on-call basis with them. the tip money good though didn't give out many hours managers were eh

a nice job.

a good place to work, and some people are good friends. some of them are like isolated from everyone else. the manager i think they need more experience talking to there people.

Pros

a good job

Cons

too much estress

A typical day at work

A typical day at work at Starwood hotels would be prioritizing invoices based on relevant terms, 3 way matching, batching, coding invoices to appropriate General Ledger accounts; reconcile bank and credit card statements, filing various documents; and entering data into the Accounts Payable system (AccPac) for payment, printing and distributing vendor checks. Responsibilities include: Paying vendors by monitoring discount opportunities Scheduling and preparing checks Resolving purchase orders, invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation; •Created and maintained spreadsheets, (such as the Petty Checking, Expense reports, and Accrue reports at the end of the month) and processing vendors invoices •Duties included opening and sorting mail; •Prepared cash drops and change for the Bank with extreme accuracy

Pros

Free Lunches, Great people to work with, Great boss

Cons

Healthcare wouldn't cover for enough services needed and was way too expensive.

The Director of Security at this property is a psychotic

I used to work at this property and let me say I'm not worried about them finding out who I am reason being 5 of us left within a month of working for the psychotic of a Director of Security at this property. Marriott is a good company to work for just not at this property. I went through so much bs working at the Anaheim property. On an average day you will be writing at least three to four incident reports, your team members will do what they can to not help you at all, if you work grave yard shift get ready to do everybody else's job at night. Even though they have a doorman they will make you stand in the middle of the lobby for two straight hours in the beginning of your shift to greet guests instead of patrolling. The only good thing about this place was the pay bit with the amount of stress, work load, and a crazy unstable boss that no one likes it is not worth the money.

Pros

Great pay for hotel security

Cons

Big work load, high stress, mixed up priorities, and horrible leadership from all departments at this site.

wonderful work environment

Typical work day very easy going. Its a very fast paced environment where everyone is on top of their game. I have learned so much from management and fellow coworkers that has only enhanced my food knowledge and cooking abilities. All in all its a great company to work for.

Professional environment

Outstanding working environment with professional staff confident and helpful with superb service. Staff lounge with vending machines clean restrooms hers/his coffee and snacks...

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Anaheim, CA