Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Found 508 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

ok place to work

the most enjoyable part of the job Learning new things starting out as a Culinary Students Learn the whole kitchen, working catering events, The hardest part of the job was working with difference personality

Great company culture with corporate Marriott. I loved my manager and my peers. Hospitality can be stressful but also exciting. Great benefits, fair compensation but you do have to ask for it

Not as family oriented as advertised

This particular marriott has no expression of employee value. Work and that's it. No compensation.Not even a bonus to your dedication during a hurricane or snowstorm. Management turnover a headache and constantly losing prominent benefits. Location is a headache due to traffic or lack of busses. Covid 19 made transportation limited and expensive on such a small salary.

Pros

Old management had a good deal on employee room discounts and employee apreciation events

Cons

No incentives, shift differentials, bonuses, will cut hours even days regardless of your loyalty/dedication.

Management is understanding. They try to give you the days off you request. Pay is good. Discounts on rooms are great. Great company to work for. You will meet people from all over the world.

Pros

Pay

Cons

No cons

I miss Hospitality

Worked at Marriott for three years. The good: atmosphere, never gets boring, benefits, and upward mobility. The larger the hotel, the crazier it gets.The bad: WORKlife balance (not much life, more work), pay is on the lower side, and the hours are chaotic depending on your department.

Pros

benefits, fun

Cons

pay, worklife

Management is So-so

How good the job is is entirely up to your immediate supervisor. Some are really considerate, others will schedule you on two consecutive shifts without warning.

Pros

Free lunch, cool co workers

Cons

A lot of managers are nit-picky

Nice

It’s the Hospitality Industry. What do you expect? Expect to work long hours and excessive days. The business is 24/7. Employees will give you a headache as well.

I work from home as part of the sales group. Business working hours. Work- life balance kind of job.Coworkers are friendly. Managers are there for you, to help you growth in your career.

Pros

Remote work

The good:It's a great Company to work for. And the bad Management was very Unprofessional with Attitudes

My Performance was Great under pressure and i learned new skills everyday and i Truly liked learning new skills and preparing myself for furthering my career in different departments

Pros

My Pros was i got to meet new people in the fields

Cons

I had to pay for my lunch

Fun work place! Company frequently buys all employees lunch

Great place to work!Management is always taking care of employees needs to do their job.Uniforms furnishedFrequent free lunchEmployee awards month

Pros

Free lunch! Monthly employees recognized

Cons

Expensive health care plan

Hard work, Good people

Marriott (prepandemic) was a good place to grow and advance with a company. They promote internal hires and will develop you if you express the want to move into leadership. Strong culture with good people however the industry is difficult and requires long hours, and is not easy to have work/life balance.

Pros

Culture, Good people, Ability to grow

Cons

Stressful industry, long hours, hard to maintain work life balance.

Not stable

During Covid, every property did what they wanted. Kept people that had no purpose at the job and let go of the ppl that has worked there many years.

Pros

Hotel discounts

Cons

Benefits are not bad; lack of professionalism

They provide good benefits. Not really professional. Biggest problem is favoritism, no fair treatment. Teammates are good mostly but management is not focusing to jobs.

Pros

Free lunch, overall benefits

Cons

favoritism, no professionalism

Great company with many opportunities to relocate & advance in career

There are so many different roles in each property that this company offers, with great training systems in place to give you the knowledge needed to perform work accurately to the company's standards. I was able to move across country easily because of job availability and the ease of transferring to different properties.

Pros

Benefits, discounts, transfer/advancement

Cons

Work/life balance, depending on position

Wonderful

Security is great. The employees are versatile and all greets you like family. It’s a welcoming place and you feel how great the environment is when you first walk in. Management is great, schedule is flexible, benefits are wonderful.

Pros

Weekly pay, dental and health benefits, HR helps you progress in your career with the company

Great company

Wonderful benefits great pay I loved my job it’s been good the customers are amazing the cleaners are amazing the staff also the CEO believes in great ethics

Great company

OverallLoved working there. Covid changed things for us. So it was impossible to stick around through all the bad. But I would go back in a heart beat. Literally.

Productive and always fun

Honestly speaking, my experience has been wonderful. I have learned so much from my General Manager, co-workers, and peer. I have also enjoyed the training, learning, and the ability to test all that I have learned.

I loved it.

I had no complaints honestly. Great place to work. Great pay. Great benefits. Great management. Great work culture. Loved everything about this place.

Management is the worst

very catty environment. Management is big contribution to that. Disrespects and undermines staff in front of guests. very unprofessional workplace. Not much Opportunity for growth.

Pros

good money when busy

Cons

long unrealistic shifts, short breaks, catty environment with managers

Productive and fun place to work

I enjoyed my job. I feel energized when I am at work . I feel very good when we as team exceed our customers expectations and make them feel welcomed.We delight and surprise our customers every day and also we create memorable moments for them everyday.

Pros

Employees opinions matter. Good benefits

Cons

Pay

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Atlanta, GA