Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

Found 204 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Great company

Great company to work for with compassionate staff. Sometimes in the hospitality industry things get busy and highly stressful. I work all over the hotel doing various things that aren’t even related to my job which can be annoying at times.

front desk

minimal support, no reason to trust peers, some of the most ridiculously incompetent direct managers i have seen, undervalued and not a great place to work

Fun workplace, easy access to training materials, great leadership and supervisors

Marriott is a great place to work. The supervisors are knowledgeable and the training was fun, engaging, and easy to apply to the role. I was able to take plenty of time off, and the environment is very relaxed. I learned so much about customer service, and I’ll miss my time there greatly.

Pros

Free lunches sometimes, employee lounge with snack machines, good healthcare

Good company

very long hours, somewhat decent pay but must pay for own parking. No breaks - micro managed - can't tell who's running the show - chance for advancement

Pros

great location

Cons

must pay for parking

Bait and switch

Typical call center environment. Denied adequate time to sterilize or wash hands in a close call center environment.Denied severity of outbreak at facility until multiple employees were affected.During Covid outbreak was forced to lie repeatedly to customers about severity and safety measures in place. Forced to lie about bedbug infestations at locations.Forced to lie about availability to "get the sale". Marriott / Starwood wants your money and will say anything to get it.

Pros

Pay was average

Cons

I had 9 bosses that micromanged against each other, Company as a whole endangered countless people with covid denial

Great Work, Just can't keep people

Calls back to back. Understanding covid-19. But make sure all of your Marriott customers are handled and taking care of asap before anything. If that means understanding people are going through some challenging times coming back to work after the covid-19. Make sure you guys treat them very well and respect them for their commitment to get the job done no matter what.

Ok at first

They don’t care about us just the money. Wouldn’t recommend. People can and complain about stuff we can’t resolve. All the managers care about is us personalizing our calls

Great Work Culture

There is a clear sense from top to bottom of what is important in the company - taking care of employees and guests. Great culture and always someone looking out for you and available to help you grow. Loved working here.

Pros

Environment

Not a very great place to work

Working at Marriott International made me feel like I was in high school again. We are strictly monitored at all times and are not allowed to take restroom breaks without being chastised if they go over a certain amount of time. There were two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch depending on your shift and the last call you had before break. The customers were insufferable and though you may enforce the rules given to you, the managers would usually placate the customer in the end giving them what they asked for. The managers had favorites and would frequently bad mouth employees within earshot of others.

Pros

Downtime

Cons

short breaks, healthcare, lack of upward mobility

Managment

Marriott itself is a decent company to work with. If you get a job with them, make sure it’s not in the call center but instead at a hotel directly. You’ll feel more welcomed and not talked about by everyone. You can’t confidently speak to any of them managers. Even when they’re begging you to tell them what’s up. I walked up on two managers (one being HR) gossiping about the exact things I told another person. They’re immature and will spread rumors about you. If you ever decide to step foot in this place, make sure you’re there to SELL, although during the interview process they told me it wasn’t a sales job!!!!! Lies!!!

No complaints

I love this job. There is always room for advancing. The management keeps you on task. You get a good discount on the rooms. This company really takes care of people.

Pros

Your manager keeps you on track with your goals.

Cons

No complaints.

The Guest

I enjoy working with everyone. I have learned a lot about customer service,once again. I feel good about my skills and accomplishments with this company.

Great Company to Work For

Marriott is a very large company with lots of opportunity. They focus on success and driving results. The company also has work from home options which provide flexibility.

Marriot

Nice business,work there for a good administrative start.I liked the differnt experiance gained from working mainrtenance to working front desk and moving into the lobby.

Great company with clear defined goals and culture that cares for associates and guests

Well structured, business and guest satisfaction focused culture placing high values on brand standards and associate growth and development. Goal driven for results, it is a great place to develop your career and grow your abilities as a hotelier.

So far so good

Great team, good supervisors, that's my motivation as I settle into this new job. I am new and have no much to say at this moment. I will just see and wait it out.

Great company

High turnover rate I was let go on accusations of something I did not do and I was a very good employee according to management I was prompted twice so advancement is very possible

Great company to work for

This company has great hotel staff and also work outings with company they really care about there employees and guests great hotel discounts for employees

Fun and very supportive of their employees

I have never worked in a company that they want to make you a better person and employee. Never skimp on training for us employees and always there to help and assist with any issues. It is a great job. I will always recommend this place

Pros

Fun atmosphere

Cons

Late hours

Outstanding

Friendly environment. Always going an extra mile willing to learn new things. Completed an awesome satisfaction of my duties. Booking reservations for people.

Good

It’s good but way to long to do this. My company is a good company to work for. it’s just no longer the job for me so, I need to find something else I would like to do.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Austin, TX
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?