Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Baltimore, MD

Found 120 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Make sure that the property that you're applying for is not in jeopardy of being sold anytime soon.

The company is great overall. They want you to stay long term and have pretty decent benefits. The downside after working for more than 17 years is the lack of communication when it comes to the property being put up for sale by the owners. Some managers will help you find another job within the company. Some managers don't care and leave you to figure things out for yourself.

Pros

Free lunch( this depends on your property)

Cons

Pay could be decent depending on the location of the property, airport properties tend to pay less than downtown properties, hospitality industry didn't do too well during the Pandemic..

Work place fun and grow

Knowing client by there name. Being respectable.getting along with coworkers you will build friendship.we like family i alway put 100% work. The learning experience .changing manger.

Pros

Free lunch is good own locker

Cons

How long breaks and health insurance

Best company I ever worked for

I love working for Marriott great benefits and discounts most of the management is really helpful and will listen to your concerns and ideas I worked at 2 Marriott properties so far a small one and a big one and surprisingly the bigger hotels are better to work at they are more flexible and professional.

Pros

Free hot meals provided, friendly management, beautiful benefits, discounted room and products

Cons

Can be demanding and fast pace most times and long hours especially nightshift

This work place has a positive vibes I love to work with that people again I really love to work in a hotel like this

I love this place everybody was friendly in every department the always happy and I found lot of friends there specially the managers are very friendly the are very productive

Pros

Free lunch

Love Hospitality

Love the hospitality field. Co workers are like family, would still be there if it wasnt for COVID. We worked hard but also played hard at the end of the day.

Customer, engagement,team, continuity

My total 16 year was very educational, cultural, professional, diversified and inclusion based. Ending my career with mixed emotions, the positive relationships and overall Marriott experience was mutually beneficial and will last a lifetime. Great and blessed to have been a part of the #1 Hospitably and Lodging industry in the world. Dexter

Pros

Cross Utilization training, upward mobility, strategic locations, benefits, educational leadership

Cons

grievances, implementation, fairness

ping pong and other racket sports

For the length of my stay at Marriott, I enjoyed the rapport and cooperation I had with my coworkers and upper level directors and supervisors. Thanks

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

None!

Great company

Great place to start and finish your career. You can go from the bottom to the top bar on your experience. You have opportunity to cross train in diferent areas.

Pros

Laundry, competitive salary, great benefits

Cons

Safe place to work for good Benefits team work

I love working for this company great managers good Benefits a lot work fun place to work for your get to meet a lot of ppl they care about this employees love it .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short break health care good job

Marriott is very family oriented

They will try to accomidate u with ur work schedule if u have children in daycare or school if u have a early work schedule. Its takes alot to get fired from this company they believe in second chances.

Pros

The food is wondetful

Cons

Tne pay stinks

A Great Company To Work For

My review is based on my Marriott Work Family, together we made everyday special for ourselves so that we can make our guests feel special, welcomed and happy

Pros

Good hot hearty lunches

Cons

Health care package was awesome

Awesome

Loved working at Marriott. Managers were amazing. Customers were great. Enjoyed preparing cocktails and increasing sales. Was rewarded several times for exemplary customer service skills. Thank you Marriott for a great work experience.

Sheraton Inner Harbor

Poor work environment. They are care more about the guests needs and feelings more so than there own employees. They put the employee needs as last on there to do list.

Overall this is a really great company

I parted with this company is because I was injured on the job I am having a very tough time getting my settlement for my injury but if you work here just be careful carefill

Work

Got to clean the rooms after people check and before They check in got to make sure the beds are fully made and make sure that the room smells pretty good

Overview

Productive, business focus, learning culture. I enjoyed developing others, Marriott offers competitive training, Also offers opportunities in different disciplines for Management and Non-management.

Marriott hotels

We want our guest to be happy with the service that we can provide for them. Hospitality is key to wherever you stay . We strive to give our guests the best service possible so they won’t hesitate to come back!

good Company to work for.

great comapny to work for. There was something new everyday given the location of the hotel i worked at. My Security Director and Supervisors were very helpful in my development.

wow

this job was fair to me at all. I had lost some loves ones last year starting with my father, mother, and my younger son. I was going through a lot at the time. some of the workers were very passionate but they had their picks and their favorites.

There were a lot of Old-Timers, who are sometimes hard to work with.

The company is very big on excellent customer service. The company is well known for promoting employees throughout the company. The company offers a great benefits package to their associates.

Great Company To Work For

The Marriott overall mentors and takes care of it's employees and ranks very high compared to other companies and/or organizations I've worked for. They have Great Benefits including an outstanding 401K and great pay for the position I hold. A typical day as a Bartender starts by setting up the bar and learning what the items presented for the day are like soup and vegetable of the day and setting the bar up to service the guests when the bar opens. The Bartending job is very fast-paced and you must move and think on your feet fast which is the hardest part of the job.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Baltimore, MD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?