Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Baton Rouge, LA

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,195 reviews

Great management that help employees suceed

Management really takes their time in getting to know their employees strengths and weaknesses. I've been given ample opportunities to advance in the company. Working at Marriott i feel a promising career and be established.

Only in it for themselves

Still don't see why I am doing reviews on this stuff. Very irritating I just want to upload my resume and get a decent job. This is ridiculous in my opinion.

Not a job for an introvert

While I can't say this was my least favorite job, it was far from the best. The job was monotonous and the days dragged. Dealing with entitled guests on a day to day basis was enough for me to go bald.

great place to work

It was a great play to work. But I was layed off. I enjoyed working with everyone there and enjoyed meeting the guest. And doing everything I can do for them to have a great stay

High turnover rate for housekeeping. The management is in the process of renovations and the work expected is unaprecciated

The rooms are old and dated. The longest days are because we're short on linen. The new management has a lot to do to make sure the hotel is successful.

Courtyard South Acadian Centre Lousiana

Management is absolutely horrible. They will hire you for front desk, but have you working in the bistro everyday. I guarantee if you work here you will find yourself waking up before 5am just to make it on time to open the bistro. They’ll tell you that you’ll only work bistro once MAYBE twice a week to cover off days. Do not believe it. The Courtyard Acadian Centre location has extremely high turnover for this exact issue. Individuals applying front desk find themselves stuck making Starbucks drinks and cooking food at the wee hours of the morning. And like I said management is horrible, specifically the AGM. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT apply here. I guarantee you will regret it.

work is work

Pretty easy . My favorite part about this job was the guest. We have the best guest ever . Management is ok. The area is pretty cool. Has 3 other hotels located close by

Unprofessional and competitive

I loved my job, don't get me wrong. The hours were terrible, but that is only because they were very late in the afternoon/ night. It was difficult dealing with intoxicated patrons at times, but they were mostly greats conversations. Worldly customers tend to have interesting stories.

Exelent

I learned a lot , I love to work in a Hotel because the experience I had at Marriott Baton Rouge . I love to learn from my managers and coworkers and this was possible.

Pros

Company Polices

Cons

work hours

Coworkers

Its very messy there and get into your business too much . And wanted me to chose between school and there jo and I chose school now Im finish.

Good hours

Small hotel, so it's easy to talk to management. Good hours, and can request off from work easily. Limited Staff so if you work 3-11 or 11-7, you have to handle operations by yourself.

$$$

Fun out going environment ! keep up with the trends you will need it . major room for advancement. great benefits and choices for coverage

Good company to work for.

My old boss, Rodney C Adams, was a good supervisor as was the AGM Oven Westervelt. The days usually went good. I learned about cooking eggs, biscuits, and potatoes from Rodney The entire hotel staff as a whole was great to work with.

Pros

Great place to good.

• Responsible for hotel operations. • In charge of hiring, scheduling, and promoting front of house staff. • Provided guests with top customer service. • Maintained strong loyalty, high occupancy, and solid daily rates.

Diamond is a great manager

Diamond is a great manager, and the Marriott is a great company to work for.

Check guests in/out, make/confirm/cancel reservations, answer multiple phone lines, assist guests, ensure guest overall safety and satisfaction, assist general manager.

Pros

Location, co-workers, leadership team

Cons

financial compensation

Nice place to work

Very great experience you get to me meet different and exciting people everyday. It helps you to expand your knowledge with the guest from different companies you come in contact with.

fun work place

i love coming to work and talking with my co workersthis is a very nice place to work

quiet, fun

A day at work is quiet, customer in and out. speak to the co-worker that I relieve. close the 3rd shift. Speak to the Seurity Guard, set up the tables for breakfast. I do enjoy it. Learned the different data entry. Job is not hard, most of it is common sense.

Pros

days off on friday and saturday.

Cons

don't sleep enough

it was a job that paid the bills did't enjoy much but i did my job

it was an ok job for the moment but i couldnt see my self doing for ever the pay is not so great an i didnt get 40 full hours

Pros

it was a job

Cons

cleaning rooms behind strangers

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Baton Rouge, LA