Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Bethesda, MD

Found 295 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Productive and Fun Place to Work

The working culture was excellent in that I was surrounded by helpful and fun people. It was usual that the administrative assistants were willing to help out each other in times of work overload or to meet deadlines. I had several opportunities to move up in my career. I enjoyed learning new procedures and duties.

Pros

The Corporate Headquarters was a fun and energizing place to work.

Cons

At times there were no breaks due to work overload.

An excellent company overall

I had a lengthy career with Marriott, from both a property perspective and a corporate based perspective. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, my position was eliminated. Truthfully, I would still be there if I had my choice.

Pros

Career growth, variety of positions available, discounted hotel rooms

it's about the people

The company was about giving people chances. If you work hard and are willing to learn you can grow to what you want to get to. It's all about taking care of people both customers and staff.

great place to work

Great place to work, treat associates well with good compensation also managers could earn closer to market especially in technology. Engaging work with great people

Pros

discounted hotel stays, healthcare

People first business

This is a wonderful company to work for. It’s the only company I know of where the motto is “take care of the employees and they will take care of the guests and the guests will return”. Opportunities were plentiful and treatment was fair and consistent.

Good Company to Work For

Good culture, benefits and work life balance. There are always opportunities to learn about other disciplines and move up in the company. I could see myself working for the company for several years.

Love Working Here

This was probably the best job I ever had! Love the culture, the executives aren't stuck up, and they have a great cafe. Very good place for growth!!!

Pros

Discounted hotel stays ALL around the globe

Cons

Cafe food is a little over priced

Awesome Company

Loved my career, people I worked with and management. A strong team atmosphere with ability to have fun, doing something I loved. Due to Covid, my position was eliminated, or I would still be working with this company.

Pros

Excellent collaboration, family feel

Cons

Great company to work for!

Really good corporate culture. Fair compensation at the corporate level. Lots of layers of people so decision are sometimes made slowly which can be frustrating.

Pros

Fair compensation. Good Benefits.

Fun place to work

Great place to work. Company cared about it's employees. Room for advancement. Very diverse environment. Great pay and benefits. Unfortunately the hotel industry to a major hit during the pandemic

Pros

Discount on hotels

I would go back

I interned at the HQ. Great experience. Unfortunately the high cost of living in Bethesda didn't allow me to stay there. I would consider going back given the right opportunity. Great place overall.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Slow growth

Its a paycheck

The company does not objectively invest in promoting equally. It's a good old boy/girl system based on popularity and who likes you. Hard work doesn't matter if you're not connected to the "in crowd".

Pros

Work, a paycheck, income

Cons

Micromanage, no growth, it's who you know.

You Get what you Put in

Entered in as an overnight position and grew into corp executive. Worked at various Marriott properties in various locations across the US and abroad for 8years. Only leaving due to the pandemic for guaranteed stability. Training is highly focused at managed by Marriott properties however franchises have different standards and vary by management companies. If you are a go-getter and enjoy being a self starter this is the place that will polish and groom your hospitality, soft and leadership skills. Mentors are everywhere and the exposure opportunities are there. Just go and get it!

Pros

Food, training is encouraged personally and professionally growth opportunities and community engagement

Cons

24/7 operation. Sometimes the "good ol' boy" crew reunites

Good company bad keadership

Large company with a good reputation. It’s hard to be promoted or grow within. Leadership can be difficult and hard to get work done with all the layers.

Pros

Beautiful hotels

Cons

Bad keadership

Loved the work and the people

I worked at Marriott headquarters for over five years and it was one of my favorite places to work. The people were great, and my variety of work constantly kept me challenged and busy which I prefer. My team was fairly small but I also worked with many departments throughout the building and everyone I worked with was always very friendly and professional.

Pros

People, benefits, cafeteria, culture

Cons

Can't think of any

Sleepy giant

I worked there pre-COVID. Things at Headquarters were slow and career growth was also quite slow. Great work life balance but not a ton of go getters.

Productive and fun environment

Great corporate culture, very conducive to work and self development.Senior management ensures that resources are always available for success of planned initiative.Along with full time manpower, resourced staff from a few chosen vendors are well qualified and provide needed support for completion of the projects.

very diverse and fun place to work

this company is great to work for due to the benefits, environment, people. There is an awesome open door policy for the Sr Managment, self assessment process in place, and great room for growth.

Not the Best but Not the Worst either

I worked at Corporate office as a Senior Financial Analyst. The job is not bad but you end up doing more work than you need. They don't have proper system to help you do your work. Mostly you use Macros Excel spreadsheet instead of using actual financial systems. Something that should take you 1 minute to do or pull (reports) it takes you 5 to 10 minutes to do because you don't have proper systems.

Pros

Great for advancement, they are tons of opportunity to move up the corp ladder if you want.

Cons

Pay, Systems, Work Life Balance (There is none)

Great core values and culture

Marriott really is an amazing company to work for from it's diverse associates, family like culture and the amazing benefits. I have worked for the company for over 15 years and have really enjoyed the amazing people I have met along the way, the memorable and fun opportunities and the incredible hotels I have been able to experience.

Pros

Amazing hotel benefits and discounts

Cons

Average pay

Overall Ok Company but some Departments are miserable

The overall company culture is great, from associate appreciation week to all the take care initiatives, it seemed like every other week someone was giving away coffee and breakfast when you came in the associates entrance. However, some departments do not share in this culture and only care about the bottom line. Constant reorgs force you to apply to your own position at least once a year and pay is down right disgraceful. Yearly engagement survey is a joke, nothing ever changes.

Pros

Employee discount at hotels can be amazing

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Bethesda, MD