Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Boston, MA

Found 120 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

It took a lot for me to move on

I worked for Marriott for many years. If covid never happened I would have stayed until I retired. The time away made me realize the commute was trying on me and I wanted more balance. This is a great company. The pay is fair & you are treated professionally. I would absolutely recommend working for them. I learned so much over my 13 years there.

Pros

The people, the discounts, the benefits

Cons

The commute and long hours sometimes

It’s ok

It’s good for a starting gig, but the coworkers are a lot more misses than hits. The hotel itself needed a lot of work but otherwise it was very simple.

Good company but not great work life balance

There are pros and cons. Its great to enjoy the hotel discount and the benefits are good. Compensation can be a little low and work life balance isn't great

not awful

Marriott is your typical big corporation who cares more about stakeholders than associates. Overall the property is nice, well kept, and works for what I need.

Teamwork, pride and a sense of belonging.

I have been with Marriott for over 3 years. No day is the same, so it never gets boring. New guests, new groups. If you enjoy face to face customer service, exceeding expectations, have humility and are empathetic - this is for you. Marriott has a great culture and work ethic. The diversity of team members make the workplace interesting and you constantly learn, especially about yourself. Training is a constant and up to date. As a guest service representative you must stand on your feet 8 hours a day, but no worries, it is something you get used to after 6-8 weeks. You face many kind and interesting guests, however you will occasionally face the impatient or angry guest as well. At the end of your shift however, you will feel a sense of accomplishment and you will have spent the day with usually fun, likewise kind and hospitality driven team members and managers. Marriott is the way to go.

Pros

Great benefits, Incentives and mostly good people

Cons

Short breaks, long hours on your feet, shifts change often

Simply the best

If you have to opportunity to work for a Marriott managed property take it. Seriously, the best hospitality company out there with a great culture. It’s a very respectful, cooperative and supportive work environment where the team does become like family. Everyone is willing to help out, you go get trained an developed well by industry professionals that have been in the game for a long time. Hourly employees are treated very well and the benefits are amazing from the employee hotel rates to insurance and generous vacation accrual policies. Entry and mid level management is also treat well and really positioned to succeed. Despite being in hospitality and the long hours and expectations that comes with the industry Marriott still does provide people with a good sense of work life balance.

Pros

Free lunches, awesome management, supportive and nurturing work culture, room for advancement, insurance, great coworkers

I only was with the company for 13 months before I was furloughed.I enjoyed the job, thought I had found my home, then covid struckThe management iny department where great and the people I worked with where friendly, accepting and very helpfulAny other people I interacted with where also great

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Communication bad during furlough

Good company

nothing to change. great company and benefits... fantastic great work environment, nothing really else to say other than cool hotel perks yeah they are great too

Awful

i quit. I don’t like it. Job is terrible. Goodbye forever. Pay is bad. Management is bad. I don’t know just don’t like it. So I quit. Not good. Bad lunch.

Nice place to work and get a paycheck

It's a nice place if you are happy for the Job that you apply, but if you are looking for any career Advancements this is not the place for you.After working for the Company for many years I could never get any better positions after applying and getting many interviews. At the end decided to leave the Company for a better one, like many of my previous Coworkers did.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

No Career Advancements

Prepare to work hard, great, salute, smile, do not talk, do jur best and: go home.

Serve others with respect. Do not give your opinion for what you think. Do not criticize your boss, or any boss, or you will be in the street. When you disagree with your emperors, they will cut off your hours then what; no more money there; give up and go home. If you see stupidities: don't talk, don't tell, pretend you know nothing or you will be a target for by-by(honey). Enjoy working with those who do not like a gossip or you will be screwed. The hardest part of my job there and, in any company for that matter,is when you make waves, when you tell the truth, when you can/not hold in your heart the wrong doings, unfair, and unjust to you, or to your co-worker. The best Department there: the Human Resources.

Pros

Good lunch, with co-pay.

Cons

Heath club, 401K, Health Ins., uniform, some transportation accommodations...

Great Work Environment & Experience Gained

I learned a lot about legendary costumer service and what it means to manage in a hospitality role. The most enjoyable part of this job for me is the sophisticated atmosphere and having the benefits and employee discount. The hardest part for me is dealing with angry guests that can try your patience but it teaches you to remain and calm and professional under pressure. Working overnight the shifts are very relaxed depending on the season around May(graduation season) and the summer is busier with guests requesting things through the night or dealing with more complaints. Winter is excellent for students because with all your work done combined with a quiet night it can be good to take care of your studies if time permits it. But overall I've enjoyed the time I've had with Marriott and recommend if you want to be in the hospitality industry or if you need a good job while going to school.

Professional environment

Really good place to work professional they have a strong team and good sense of leadership great customer service Management in team work well together to accomplish all work tasks great benefits and lots of room for growth

Job security

I had 3 people review me 3 different times. The interviews went on from 45 minutes to 1 and a half hours. Many questions asked about why I was interested in job what I know about the company.

Flexible work

Flexible job with a work from home option. Not a great salary for the amount of time and energy devoted to this company. Benefits are good but expensive.

Good

Very very good job for me that was awesome. At Marriott hotel I was received a good attention from everyone. For me it's the best place to work ............

Work culture

They dont care for their people, its like working with snakes. If the environment was friendlier. This would be a different review... my true feelings

Pros

Accrued vacation time

Cons

They way you are treated on the job

Fun to work

Hardworking Cleaning professional bringing nine years of experience in hospitality settings. Self-motivated and efficient with ability to handle all facets of facility cleaning Cleaned guest rooms and changed linens according to company specifications, ensuring that each room was in compliance with standard set up Used specified cleaning products in each guest room per company guidelines Disposed of trash and recyclables each day to avoid waste buildup Replenished guest room supplies, including water glasses, toiletries, and paper products Serviced bathrooms, including cleaning, sanitizing and supply replenishment Engaged with guests in positive and professional manner to promote satisfaction

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

breaks

A pit stop

Great company to use to propel you to your next career move. Company is numbers focused and would rather focus on revenue than take into consideration their employees and the work life balance. Hotel discounts were amazing, and free lunch was also a great perk. Unfortunately the pros don’t weigh out the cons.

Great place

Great company changed my life . I look forward to coming back soon I met a lot of good people and developed great relationships gained a lot of skills as well as life experiences

Giant company, not a good environment

Company that tells you how great it is, every day. But uses people for their volunteer experience and promotes it as it's own volunteerism. Drink the Kool-Aid and you will do ok. Low pay.

Pros

Only required to open tickets. No real IT experience required.

Cons

Require 10.5 hours/day on property regardless of work load.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Boston, MA