Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Burlingame, CA

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Sense of accomplishment, and a team player.

Enjoyed working with my coworkers, and enjoyed working for the Marriott was more like family. Had exercise in the morning before work, Christmas time families welcome.

Pros

Sense of accomplishment, and being a team player.

Cons

Times in housekeeping, when it is busy your not able to take a break.

Friendly place and good environment to work

This is one of my favorite places to work, Good Management, fair treatment, good paid, good co-workers, I have no problems or matters about this place that's why is my favorite job, in my entire experience working for the food and beverage at hotel and restaurants.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Short breaks but still good environment to work

Fun Workplace

Definitely a place where you have the opportunity to explore new career placement. The benefits are extremely important when you consider making this company a career of choice for the long haul.

Pros

discounts at many hotels

Cons

Management support

My Job

They need to stick to the Marriott motto, which they don't. If you treat your employees great the they will treat our customers great and the customer will return,

Company offers good travel benefits

Marriott offers travels benefits where I was able to capitalize on for my honeymoon. I also was able to save some money in my 401K which is used for my mom's hospitalization.

customer care

customer care and always there for guest needs and supplies and assist associates with their tools and supplies to do the job for our guests, always available for our guests.

Terrible Management

Everywhere you go, you're going to find managers who just don't care about their employees. And nowhere was that more evident than at the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront. The managers did not want to assist and stayed in the back. They only appeared when their managers or high profile guests were present. The back of the house is absolutely filthy. Fruit flies and garbage everywhere.

Fun place to work

A very relaxed atmosphere. The employees are very friendly and it's always excited working for the guest. Marriott has very good hours for you to work.

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

Pay could be better

A fresh start in the work place...

A typical day at work, was using my brain fully to pay attention, for the least error could make the simplest operation shut down. So I always had to be aware of my surroundings and alert to be attentive of whatever came my way! After learning all of the computer do's and don'ts, I felt: If I never learned anything else, I'd be OK in life. However, it was a lot my mind took in. Management? Well, some were great! but needed to be more humble, lets say that! I never worked with so many nationalities! I loved Every minute! Hardest part of the job was getting up some days,at 5am in the morning. but I enjoyed the food that we had in the cafeteria and I worked with the nicest group of employees. made lasting friendships!

Pros

the break room

Cons

getting up at 5am at times

Still wonderful

Best career advancement opportunities. Training tools unlimited. there is always someone willing to cross train you with new skills and add onto your experience.

Pros

all

Cons

non

Wonderful company

One of the most amazing companies I've had the pleasure working for. Marriott hands down has amazing cultures and training. Great career growth opportunities.

Pros

everything

Nice co-workers

I am working in san francisco airport marriott since 2006 , start as a banquet server , and then transfer as room service server and operator . I am always working hard , working fixable hours , team player . Also i like to learn new things , so i also helping M club and flight 101 . I am always working weekend and holiday as the hotel needed .

Cook

Usually began work at 6:00am (clean and pressed) by reporting to Exec. Sous Chef Y. Tuncay. Cleaned and sanitized my designated work station; set-up sanitation buckets, appropriate cutting boards, (usually white and/or red); collected holding towels (blue) and wiping cloths (white). Cleaned and set-up all tools and equipment: (i.e., turned on grill, ovens, stoves, etc..) knives, spatulas, tongs, etc.. Reviewed all events; especially Banquet events posted. Created (with Chef on duty) a prioritized "to do prep" list and began working. Teamwork is always an essential component in meeting all events requirements. Communication is "key" to good teamwork. Co-workers are my team mates. I value their support and input. Long-standing/senior team mates are sometimes slow to accept new co-workers and their methods of doing an assignments; even though the same results are achieved. This was difficult. The people.Most were engaging, witty, cordial and quite talented!!!

Pros

We are busy and that's always a very good thing.

Cons

Long-standing and outdated methodologies that required more time to complete than was necessary.

Great, fun workplace, though there is room for improvement

Great place to work, especially if you like working in a busy work environment. Everyone is super friendly and welcoming to new employees. It's fun, and if you are in a position that is allowed to take tips, they are great. Main cons:: The schedule comes out on a week to week basis so it makes it very hard to plan anything in the future in the span of one week.... Management is cool, but they don't know how to lead and encourage a team (nor schedule). They also lack experience within the hotel industry, and it shows in their management. Management also lacks acknowledgement for other departments beside the front desk. The company drills people to learn the 15/5 rule.

Pros

Good benefits, great place to work, they really take care of their employees

Cons

Short breaks

People tend to stay long with the company

I think for the whole time I worked for marriott hotels I realized they keep their employees happy and for the same reason employees take care of their jobs so the entire machinery works smooth.

Pros

Managers (for the most part) gives you power to make decisions

Cons

Sometimes you have to go thru a long list of screens to get to a simple task

Fast paced hotel environment with a lot of positive associates

A typical day was a sold out hotel with several events going on and groups in house. I learned how to manage a hotel during a sold out situation while still performing to the best of my ability when things were fast paced and chaotic. My coworkers were always available to help.

Pros

free dry cleaning

Cons

lunch wasn't free

No Life

free breakfast lunch and dinner not very flexible with hours because of union great co workers meet new people everyday great food

great

Great Benefits competitive pay awesome opportunity to grow within the company

hotel

Be familiar with the locations of all function rooms and related areas and the various types of workable setups. Efficiently set-up and break-down all department functions. Assists guests whenever possible, referring all requests which are beyond the scope of your responsibility immediately to your Supervisor or Catering Service Manager on duty. Carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing.

Nice people, very diverse

Marriott is a good company to work for. It is very diverse. The people are nice. I love working with people from different cultures. They are real good on giving you requested days off to take care of family business.

Well organized

I learned a great deal of business strategy from Marriott regarding the emphasis on excellent customer service, in that, satisfied customers equal return business.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Burlingame, CA