Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Charleston, SC

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Loved working their

Never had a problem with no one some managers was a bit to much at times but besides that I will work their any time. You get to meet alot of new faces an best believe me you will know who are regular guest that comes their alot if you work their long enough

Awesome quarterly meetings with food, fun and awards.

Marriott seldom promote african americans into management at the larger hotels. They mention in the beginning that they promote community oriented activities but when I asked for more information on the subject matter-management seemed lost. During the a suprise audit my name (along with 3 other employees) was mentioned due to me providing awesome customer service. We passed the audit! However,all employees received a $50.00 gift certificate but I only received $25.00 because I was part-time.

Love them

Great place to advance as long as you work hard. Great guests and a very safe and beautiful environment. There are many positions to advance to and the experience is one of a kind.

Pros

Great environment and people

Cons

Pay is low

Good Experience

I worked for more than 1 place. The management is the most important. It's can be fun and great place to work but if the MNG is not care about employees, it's can be very difficult to work for them. After all, it's great place to be and to gain new experience.

Excellent Company

Great company to work for. Great mobility and perks. I work for a smaller hotel but always very detailed. I would highly recommend this brand to my friends and family.

Decent Job

It's a good job with good benefits. Work pace is moderate with a few stressful moments, but a satisfactory position if one is looking for easy work.

enlightening

this establishment offers advancement opportunities in the hotel and tourism field. It also allows growth in-house from entry level to management. a great place to work.

Needs improvement

This is were I got my start. people were great to work with. They had no problem training you in the off season. for advancement. They have lots of over turns management do last very long with a business run by corporate.

Pros

no free lunches but we could eat breakfest some morings

Cons

healthcare was expensive not the best

Nice job enjoyed working for marriott

I loved my position as cafe cook, my customer service representative skills were greatly appreciated, I loved cooking for the company, I would of loved to still be working for the company, but sometimes you get over aggitated at your higher ups for not understanding that sometimes you get tired especially when you are a senior citizen..

Pros

Pay rate

Cons

Chef attitude

The Courtyard Marriott was fast paced with high occupancy.

The Courtyard Marriott Waterfront was a very nice hotel although the building was twenty years old. There had been multiple renovations over the years but remodeling and repairs were constantly needed to maintain Marriott standards.

lack of housekeeping standards

too many complaints regarding housekeeping and rooms being ready for check in in a timely manner. poor management unwilling to pay for quality reliable help in running the hotel efficiently. Management unwilling to go to outside services to improve customer satisfaction.

Pros

front desk can be fun

Cons

benefits, salary, health insurance

amazing

Its a warm welcoming environment and will make anybody feel at home. the benefits are amazing. jhm employees love being an employee. we are also willing to go the extra mile

Pros

discounted lunches

Cons

have to take a 30 minutes break

Fun and lively, but sporadic

My managers and the whole interdepartmental team was positive and lively. My only problem was that the banquet department hours are too seasonal and sporadic. I learned a lot about supervising and managing many personalities and dynamics all at once, as well as a lot of corporate billing and logistics. Long late nights and early mornings were tough, but the frenetic pace and movement combined with the interdepartmental team mentality were great.

Pros

Free food, fair pay, lively team, and luxury environment.

Cons

$3000 deductible healthcare, sporadic hours

Ok

............it was great I enjoyed it but management was terrible, the compensation was great but they usually over work you and are very unorganized .

Springhill Suites Marriott

Hospitality is no easy feat. This industry has taught me endless incomparable principles, both in business and ethics. With this power, I have built myself my own empire. You realize how much control you have and how using it to create an efficient, professional, and healthy work environment can contribute to your success as well as the business. This industry presents many challenging situations that will test your problem solving skills, your ability to interact with others, mathematically, but mostly your patience. As a professional, I am proud to see where I am at now and look towards my future. I have been given ample education within my work environment. This has led to two promotions in less than a year and a half. I must give credit where it is due. My team of associates have aided in my vast growth. Our relationships are similar to that of the President and his congress. We check and balance our efforts, decisions, verbiage, ethics, and actions. My team does look up to me as an example and I am always having to question my every decision before I take action. It can be difficult at times, but I always encourage my team to be the executive in their own decision making. A captain can't sail a ship by himself. My most valued lesson is perspective. I have applied the definition of perspective in every aspect of my professional life as well as my personal. In this field, you must look at any and all situations in many perspectives; how you ponder something and observe every angle. It has proven to be my post powerful tool. I apply it most when -

Pros

job security

Cons

long, inconsistent hours

Love working at Marriott

I started as a housekeeper then moved my way up to be the laundry supervisor. Overall Marriott is a good place to work at, just cant work around my school hours.

Great Place to work, good friendly staff and Management

Great place to work great management and staff to work for , the hours were good and the pay was decent.Good people to work for overal I would recommend this company

Great Benefits

Great place to work during busy tourism season in the local area. Less busy during slow season so hours are very slim. Tasks are routine and don't change much. Great place to get a start into the hospitality business.

marriotts are great

very busy hotels, great ideas and principals, awesome benefits, overall just a great company with world wide recognition

Pros

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cons

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

A team effort work environment that is the product of management

The best part of my job is that everyday is completely different. I've learned much of a hotel success is due from management. All my coworkers are really positive and good people.

Pros

I've really enjoyed working with all management and staff.

Very busy property

Busy property with 179 rooms. High demand, sometimes pressure but, it comes with the territory. Great team to work with. Would be to reach the full service status of working in a bigger property.

Pros

Great working team

Cons

Needs more team members

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Charleston, SC