Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Charleston, WV

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,216 reviews

Very professional

Very professional management, yet very courteous and mindful of employees . I loved it there. The only department that I believe could improve is overall appearance. The building and deco are a little outdated, but on the other hand gives it this cool retro vibe.

Pros

Ability to excel within the company. Job security

Cons

Short breaks

Marriott-International

Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.

Good atmosphere to work

Marriott's a great place to work for. The other employees are very helpful in helping out with any questions or concerns about the work being done by the employees.

Pros

Fair wages

Cons

No cons

Love being a part of Marriott. Had issues with the GM who shortly after I left was fired himself for reasons not known. Overall I have a love of Marri

Would like to stay in Marriott workplace. There are always more opportunities no matter what position you are carrying. My last Marriott job at courtyard on boulevard was terrible but doesn't change my love for the work that I do.I know my worth and hope to get right back to work in my field.

Pros

Insurance vacation time friendly atmosphere

Cons

Can think of nothing bad to say

a place to work

Productive and fun workplace with a lot of good people and a family atmostphere that makes work it fun to come to work each and every day ,It can be hard but fun at the same time!

Great place to work.

I enjoyed working for this company. They take care of their employees. The only reason I left was, I was moving and couldn't get a transfer. Thats because no one leaves the company!

Good working environment

Although being a housekeeper is tough, physical work, there is always someone there to help you. The job is not meant for everyone though but is great for those who can handle it and have the energy for it.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Very physical work

Great International Company

Top employer for industry with culture of taking care of hosts, guests and community. Foundations of leadership and development of managers based on attainable goals.

Pros

Advancement

Cons

Manager turnover

Excellent Team

Charleston, WV was one of my favorite locations to work. I enjoyed the hosts that worked there, we were a family, honest and caring to each other. There was a collaboration and an team environment.

Pros

collaboration, team environment

Cons

Excellent atmosphere, team working, advancement opportunities, overall excellence.

I enjoyed working for the Marriott most. The atmosphere was always pleasant and cheerful. Everyone involved theirselves in team work, management was super great and always fair. I very much enjoyed working with the guests and different cultures. I learned and experienced so much more than I ever expected.

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, experience and cross training in all departments, learning, classes offered free. Furthering education.

Cons

I cant think of any

fun place

Working at the Marriott was always fun and exciting. Had the pleasure to meet many diverse people and make many friends. who I keep in contact with still. Gave me the chance to see what a true General Manager was like and how I wanted to be like as a General manager

Only came to help

I was only their for a few weeks to assist management when they were in a time of need so I can't make any big judgements. Staff seemed happy though..

Fun place to work

Process invoices for payment/prepare bank audits. Obtained more understanding of excel. Management encouraging and held associates in high regard. Going from 1st to 3rd floor to handle different duties. Enjoyed all duties daily.

Pros

Free Lunch, Employee Rates

Cons

3rd floor office

Great times working here

A great place to work and achieve your goals. The benefits are good. Great atmosphere to work in. The work staff is very diverse. You can learn so much from others. This is great from ATo Z

Pros

Ability to learn and move up in the corp.

Cons

Short staff

great place to work

great co-workers and management, benefits are great. work life balance is great, training is on going, advancement is possible. wages and bonuses are reasonable.

Good Company, Bad management

The Charleston Town Center Marriott was a good place to work except for Management. The Managers at this place didn't care about their employees and guests but cared more about making money and working their employee's to death. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the guests and most of them was very nice. If you work here be ready to not have a social life, or a life in general because they do not work with your schedule if you want to go back to school or family issues.

Pros

Meeting guests, Co workers, Alot of benefits.

Cons

Bad managers, long hours, horrible schedules

A wonderful place to work

A lot of jobs come and go but with Marriott they seem to care about their staff in almost all instances. There have only been a few times where I have had issues but of those times most were misunderstanding of the issues were on my side.

Pros

great culture

Cons

n/a

Productive place to work

A good place to work. I've worked here for a long time and have learned different trades. Its a overall good company. When it comes down to it the associates work hard to satisfy the guests.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Price of healthcare

Forete staffing

Poor management with disrespectful clients. An organized, but unorganized group.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Like Job

Have Enjoyed Working For Marriott. Hours Are Fit For My Family And Pay And Work Are Suitable For My Experience

Pros

Free Meals

Cons

Fantastic benefits, friendly coworkers, forget the rest

The best things about this company are going to be your coworkers and your benefits. The people in Marriott are largely friendly and fun to be around and you really get a sense of family after working with the company for a while. The benefits are phenomenal: dental, OPTICAL, general, spending account, etc. Other than that, I would not recommend. You will have no work life balance. Job turnover tends to be high in every department aside from a small handful of old timers, which leads to low staffing and long and irregular hours. The internal promotion that is promised will only go so high, assuming it materializes at all and, for most, it never does. Prove yourself competent at your job and you will be worked into the ground and kept where you are at. Do a poor job and expect about the same or to get fired.

Pros

benefits, discount rates, good coworkers

Cons

horrible work-life balance, high turnover, irregular hours, very rare internal promotion

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Charleston, WV