Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Found 170 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Great Company - Tough situation without the pandemic

Overall, it was a great company. They care about employees and seeing you grow as a person and an employee. The pandemic was obviously tough for the industry and it will be interesting to see if they can bounce back.

Productive and fun

Good company. Great benefits. I would recommend working there. Administrative and Sales positions can be tough to get into . Front line positions are plentiful

Pros

Discounted hotel rates

Cons

24 hours a day - 7 days a week

The benits good bit management and it being organize was horrible.

The company was great the location was horrible. Pay froze that was horrible.look im not writing a book. I put what I felt like answered. Its to much you want me to write in this space.

Pros

Free lunch and drinks discounted rooms all benifits

Cons

Low pay bad managers stressful location to work ar.

Able to cross train

Given the option to learn other positions, but difficult to get out of the position you're in. Company says they will help develop/train you in other departments, but rarely follow through. Very few managers/associates will give training in other positions and want to see you succeed. HR ignores your concerns until they hear from headquarters, but even then the issue is unacknowledged or resolved.

Pros

Cross train

Cons

Work though break, limited supplies

Great team of people to work with.

I really loved the people whom I worked with as well as meeting all the guests and getting to know them. Great service orientated culture. And, you are able to do your job independently unless you ask for assistance.

I Love My Job

Awesome Place To Work very safe environment my management staff is great my staff house keepers PA cleaners Laundry attendants Maintenance front desk valet and the customers are Perfect in my world

People first culture

Marriott provides many areas of opportunity for growth as a person and a leader. There are always new challenges that provide an engaging environment from new job duties to new projects it has always been something I appreaciate.

Productive and Attentive

Productive and Attentive. Days fly quickly as will task that had be made daily and there never were a grueling task. Environment was non-hectic and understanding.

The management makes it a very uncomfortable and akward by degrading the employeesd

It was a good job just not good managment the manger treats the employees as less than human even tell you when you can and cannot talk Very controlling

Meet exciting new people

There are people that come back just because of the people and customer service they recieve. Getting to know them is awesome and they try to do things for the employees when they can.

Marriott is the best Company I've ever worked for!!!

Marriott truly is an innovative, great company to work for. I've worked for four properties in three different states, within twelve years working for them. Each hotel being a different experience. Marriott puts their people first so that their employees have what they need to put their customers first and it shows.

The Marriott culture is a wonderful mix. You are working with people from all different walks of life and coming together as one unit to provide for our guests is special. Each individual offers a unique asset and really helps the creativity element of making our guests feel special and to continue staying with us in the future.

Great Company

This company was a great company well treated also family welcome Great accomplishments first time a long-term job, first job that I have a travel to a new city. Very rewarding overall the best job ever

Overall

Good job just managment takes advantage of you schedule preferences and doesnt adhere to them. They hire you for one schedule then makes schedule to cover unagreed upon hours

Marriott Review

My experience at Marriott international has been pleasant. As a breakfast attendant I set up the dining room before service, roll silver before the end of my shift, place orders in Micros, and help servers throughout shift assists guest. As a concierge attendant I log laundry and packages that comes in and out of the hotel, answer questions guests may have, and check arrivals and departures for valet. The hardest part of the job I would say will be breaking SILOS in department within the hotel.

Cleaning with a purpose

I believe the management is wonderful at my workplace. I love working with my co workers, I believe that we fit well as a team and make sure that we get the job done.

n/a

It was wonderful to work with a different group of people every day and doing different things around my work place. It was a great start to go into a new field of work. This was my first cleaning job and now I am working at Merry Maids cleaning people’s houses which I got to learn since I had experience. This Marriott helped me get my foot in the door.

Poor experience

Marriott has a lot of great things when it comes to ability to move up, but there is a lot of corporate backstabbing and games that make it difficult to feel the ability to trust many. It would be much better if people were transparent and didn’t always have hidden motives.

I, Myself wouldn’t recommend.

Pay isn't worth the amount of stress you have to deal with day to day with issues at the hotel and the guest. Very stressful and I feel as though pay should be better compensated.

Pros

working independently most of the time

Cons

stressful, low pay, no benefits

Marriot Experience

Im currently a cook II and my duties included preparing various food item that we the guest requested from our menus. I prep, cook, and serve if need be our guest from convention to weddings, I service there need to the best of Marriots expectations.

Poor Management

If it was not for the Poor Management I would have stayed. Management shows favoritism towards the hispanics. They are very rude and they nit pick over your work to find something wrong. Margarita was the worse. I would have like this job better if upper management actually listen to your complaints. The days were long especially sunday. I didn't mind because the pay was good.

Pros

Free lunch, Pay, Healthcare

Cons

Management Management

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Charlotte, NC