Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Found 220 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Unpredictable

The pandemic has completely changed the industry I loved. I also started working at a location with an abundance of mismanagement and bad attitudes. I miss our regular customers and working in the daytime. With staff shortages I’ve been working overnights.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Managers

Muy buena

Creo que es muy buena Beneficios, salario y trato.

Pros

Bueno

General manager is the best

She cares about you as a person . Great training General manager meets with all employees personally and sees how they are doing at hotel . Employees are valuable to the company

Great company

I enjoyed working here. I had great benefits and discounts on rooms anywhere in the world. They really care about their workers . I feel the pay was great and they took care of me there .

Pros

Free lunches and discounts

Cons

Lots of rules

Great values, lowest wages

Marriott is known for being the lowest paid in the hospitality industry. To make up for that, you do get a great work/life balance and opportunity to move up and around. Most upper management and leadership are accessible and supportive.

Pros

Opportunity for advancement work/life balance, great company culture

Cons

Pay (especially for hourly associates) health insurance costs and lack of good plan option

Productive place to eork

I enjoyed working for this company. Marriott has opportunities to advance and grow with the company. The company offer decent healthcare and dental insurance.

Pros

Employees hotel discounts

Cons

Shifts

Great People Stressful Work

Great company, awesome co-workers but overall competitive atmosphere to get ahead without sufficient experience. I enjoyed coming into work each day for the people around me, but lack of predictable work schedule made it difficult for work-life balance.

Pros

Great travel benefits

Cons

Unpredictable work schedule

Productivity

Great people to work with and variety of advancements to be taken whenever you want . They also are always looking for the best of the best and to get you there as well.

Pros

Annual raise, unionized properties, perks

Cons

Family work balance lacking

Wonderful Team Spirit and Advancement

The pay at Marriott International Inc. is great. Time management is key when working for this company. There is always tons of work that needs completing daily. The hours are flexible, but most employees receive a set schedule after their ninety-day completion.

it was okay

it was okay and very mediocre. very few co workers that i liked and a lot of them seemed very fake, but it paid well so that is all that mattered at the end of the day.

Great place to work!

Great staff! Leaders and owners. Opportunities to move up the rank and always something new to learn. There is reward in having happy customers. Put people first!

Cons

Holiday work

Cool people to work with

It was hard to get good training in the kitchen as a new hirer. There was no standard recipe to follow. I was able to be creative with the food that was being made daily.

Loved working here!

I would still be working here if it was not for COVID. Great advancement through the company and management was easy to go to for help. Team work is a big portion of the job for sales. Will miss everyone that I worked with!

Known brands

This company had a ton of brands and locations and pretty easy to transfer within. Hard to advance once you reach a certain seniority level. Good benefits.

Great history of the company, family values, total compensation package/benefits and employees.

Overall great company to work for. I'd suggest Marriott to anyone seeking a rewarding career in the hospitality industry. The employees really care about the customers and each other and this makes the job rewarding.

Pros

Benefits, team atmosphere, structured environment

Cons

Pay, staffing limitations

Look elsewhere

Marriott is a BUSINESS! Period! All they care about is making money for the executive team not the real workers!!!Look elsewhere! If your lucky Hilton is hiring!

Very diverse and fun

Marriott is a great company to work for. They take pride in making sure their associates are happy and taken care of. I loved their motto “put people first.”

Pros

Service, professional

Cons

Short breaks

Ambiente de trabajo

Muy bueno, solo hay que conocer el trabajo y las leyes laborales pero sobre todo saber cuáles son tus obligaciones y cuáles no.

Pros

Seguro médico

Cons

Tus líderes aveses se aprovechan de tus ganas de trabajar y sobresalir

Great place to work.

I was recently employed to Marriott. They're very caring in what you want to do with your career give you the opportunity to grow and help you along the way.

Enjoyed working for Marriott. I recommend.

Excellent benefits, pay is good. Male cocaisons have more opportunities in the company. Not happy when Sodexho became our new employer because some benefits were taken away.

Good company for advancement to other departments levels

At the Westin hotel I learned to worked with others everyday I was there. I learned something new constantly. Great place for personal growth and experience.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Chicago, IL