Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Cleveland, OH

Found 109 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Great culture!!!

Marriott international is a great hotel company that has expectations. Training is outstanding a d you feel part of a family. You get hotel discounts.

Pros

Employee discounts

Cons

Hotels open 24/365

Good workplace just have to deal with the slack of other departments

Can be a good place to work if everything actually runs smoothly. Just have to deal with very needy guests sometimes. Work life depends on management.

Pros

Discounts

Fun people!

Fine place to work but not very much escalation. Pay is not as equitable to the job! Abrupt changes to policies that make it hard for you to do your job every day the customers will never really a problem the culture was never a problem.

Pros

Environment

Cons

Pay, and structure

Dont do it

Worked for this company for 3 years. The environment was cut throat, the management played favorites, and you were expected to not have a life and dedicate yourself to a job with mediocre pay.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

favoritism, drama, poor management

Helping others

It was cool you know I had a good time. I just wish they would talk to you more when it came to asking how your day was before coming into work and actually caring

Smoke and Mirror show

Worked there almost ten years Racist company, very racist and prejudiced. I would never think of beimg associated with this company again. Great associates, horrible, horrible management. Unprofessional, prejudiced, condescending and judgemental. Be careful dealing with these under handed indibividuals. Yoi would be surpeised how many major corporations and governement entities refise to do business with them. Im extremely happy that they are losing money hand ovee foot and selling properties all ober the world. Good for them.

Pros

Great associates

Cons

Horrible, horrible managemenr

Marriott puts employees first with great room for advancement.

Marriott believes if they take care of their people they will take care of their guests. They back it up with great benefits and an inclusive culture. It's fun to work here. We have the tools we need and people are very collaborative.

Pros

Great benefits, great people

Cons

can't think of any

Great place to work great people

Great work life balance. Great people. Fun engaged daily environment which constantly brings on daily challenges making you have to think on the go.

fun place

different things to do, every week is different. There is no good work/life balance. Good benefits for traveling. Company for growth in different departments.

Very loyal employee for 12 years in different cities

I give my absolute all to marriott and have been a decorated employee for years. I feel as though they are losing sight of employee value and am just looking to move on and bring my skill set to something different.

Marriott is a great place to work and does accommodate to their employees and the guests the best the can ..i was very happy working with this company

Great People

Great Place Great job Good people pay was awesome the location was perfect,the guest were amazing all outstanding experience,I would recommend this job

Great company

Excellent work environment and great staff great service great outlook to my future working for Marriott international. It’s not a job only it’s a career.

Unprofessional

I’ve had a bad experience over the last year co workers are very judgmental and bias if the managers actually took the time and figure out what is wrong maybe issues like that can be resolved.

Productive and fun workplace.

As an In-Bound Call Center representative, I Maintained a high-volume workload within a fast-paced environment. Assisted an average of 500 clients in any given week and consistently met performance benchmarks in all areas. Completed voluntary Client Relations training to learn ways to enhance customer satisfaction and improve productivity. Educated clients on programs offered. Assisted clients in navigating the company’s website and answering questions about reservations. Maintained relationships with both internal and external clients. Processed credit card payments for reservations to hotel properties.

I got good tips but the eoom inspecter was stealing my tips

I would say over all I love working there but the people in the drama that was in management was ridiculous as ever in very unprofessional as well I honestly had a huge problem with management as far as they should have let a couple of inspectors go for stealing the house keepers tips

Better pay

Very nice working at Marriott management is great but need better pay. I am a van driver and I only make $9.50. I love my job but I am looking for a job that pays more.

Great company

Great company to work for. Ready for a more challenging position. Great benefits. Always room to grow within the company. Great leadership program. Great work life balance.

Consistent Work

For security, the job was great and the consistency of work in a hotel was great. I learned a lot from my (then) supervisor on how to conduct investigations.

I hate it

First the pay is terrible to me. I just needed a job to pay the bills and get by. Second the job the job is unorganized and people do not communicate anything. I have been training and everyone tells me something different. You stand around all day and have some guest that are rude to you just because of the reward status. I have been here for two months and I do not have everything that I need for my job title. Then everyone has attitudes and yells at the trainees for not wanting to do their job. Then we have people that cry about their job and want to do something else. I have heard employees talk to the guest in a nasty way and get away with it.

Fun Place to work

I enjoy my job, I not only have friends but a family. I have a great work life balance. The work place culture is what I enjoy the most. Put people first

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Cleveland, OH
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?