Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in College Park, MD

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,119 reviews

excellent place to work

working at the marriott hotel was a bigger learning expirence than any of the other hotels. it had alot of perks with the job,and a whole lot of events for staff.

Pros

the benefits

Unrewarding and unorganized

I was accepted the job under false pretenses and I was not granted the hours I would be working nor the pay. This place is extremely desperate for people and I see why they have such a high turn over rate, you're over worked and under paid at this hotel and whatever you are promised is not what you get.

Pros

$45 discount at any hotel

Cons

Management, hours, pay, work

Na

Overall excellent experience. Would be happy to return again someday. Enjoyed to growth opportunities and the latest structure at my last property Felt cared for and appreciated.

Marriott is a great company. It has taught me a lot and I can move further in my career as a Hospitality Specialist.

I enjoy the Hotel industry. It gives me pleasure in assisting my guest and allows me to balance my home life as well as being a great associate. Friendly, compassionate, hard working, dependable, pushing myself and others that we can do a wonderful job which brings our guest feeling at home wanting to come back.

Cons

Great place to work excellent benefits, fun environment.

I'm a people pleaser.. I have a gift of being experienced in my work, being adaptable in any environment and easy to learn and eager to teach. Very professional, with a great personality and sense of humor. Love to smile and love to work. Love the benefits of hard work and doing a great job. That kind of job is very recreational for me. I love what I do. And strive to be the best.

Pros

Big cash opportunity

Cons

Co-workers and guest creates a very eclectic work environment.

typical day varies. I learned a lot of communication skills by interacting with staff and guest of different cultural backgrounds. My co-workers were great team players and very appreciative of my efforts. Management is slightly disengaged from the associates at times but all in all the job experience at such a property will help you better your professional hospitality career and knowledge.

Great Company

i have worked for this company for almost 3 years and i have learned so much.everyone is very hands on and team work is amazing.

Good work environment

Learned a lot in this fact pace job. It enable me to muti-task, on all levels.

Pros

Able to advance, which is good, when working for a company.

Cons

Benifits were'nt all that good.

Great company to work for

salaries, however, unless you are in upper management are traditionally very low

good

Learned management skills, as well as business skills. There wasnt anything hard about the job.

Pop ups occassionally

You are just about to put the icing on the cake and here comes the computer spitting out invoices for a setting of 150 people in 3 hours, so you have to hurry what you are doing to meet the other dead lines.

Wonderful Place to work HANDS DOWN!!!

Hotel is like a family everyone practices teamwork and does it with a smile. So many managers are willing to teach you something new. Place is run very smoothly so much to where it doesn't seem like work. You learn how to do things the RIGHT WAY and this sets you up for success to go on and teach others.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • College Park, MD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?