Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Colorado Springs, CO

Found 40 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Holiday pay and vacations

I have no regrets working for Marriott Hotel, the workforce was like a real team the management companies that were there, made some changes and promised alot more than they could produce.

Pros

Free lunch on Friday.

Cons

No over time.

Good

Good company to work for very happy that I am here would recommend. Fun culture diverse group of people to work with. No downsides from where I can see

Amazing company to work for

Working for Marriott was an experience I’ll never forget. It allows so many in house growth opportunities. So long as your willing to learn the field. I loved getting to know the variety of cultures that go in and out the doors of Marriott.

Pros

Variety

Housekeeping Supervisor

Overworked for not enough pay. Poor management. Not enough staff. Human resources is very negative and focused on issues that don't pertain to job. Great company but poorly run at location

Laundry attendant and Houseman

I worked here fulltime washing, drying and folding linens. My other responsibilities included bringing guests toiletries, towels, blankets and pillows. Working as a houseman I cleaned the lobby area, bathrooms, vacuuming 6 hallways, stairs and taking out all the garbage on site.

Great National reputation

Our hotel was purchased by another company and re branded as a Marriott. The training and development team was fantastic during the conversion. The continued development after the conversion was outstanding.

Good company to work for

Marriott is a pretty good comany to work for. but moving up or trying to get a raise for your time there is a waste of time. Was there for almost 5 years, minimum wage went up and now I barley made .73 over.

Direct department is great

Do not recommend working with a franchised hotel. The hotel has undergone multiple general managers and it has not improved through out the years. My direct supervisor is the reason I stay. She cares about her subordinates.

Good job

Working at the Marriott has been a great experience. I love my coworkers and I feel like a part of the family. The only pitfall is that there is a 20% service charge that I do not receive, and you don't get to take your tips home at the end of each shift. On the other hand if you work your way up to full time the company offers benefits, and you get a 50% discount on rooms.

No Training, Low Paying, Very Demanding

For the amount of expectations the company expects you to abide to, the low pay simply does not match the magnitude of work. Couple that with the very poor training to no training by the company; then you get the toxic morale that is very clear in the workplace.

Unorganized and sloppy

Not up to Marriott standards at all very unorganized and non of the staff is trained correctly from GM to front desk very unprofessional. would not recommend this hotel to anyone looking for employment. Has some racial profiling to certain guest. If i would have known at the interview process what I know now I wouldn't have excepted the offer.

trabajo bien relajada .en equipo y soy muy puntual.y cumplo con mi norma de trabajo ademas soy muy responsable

excelente.encantada de trabajar en este hotel Marriott. me gusta como se trabaja.con entusiasmo en equipo. El contenido de trabajo.para que el trabajador se sienta con deseos de trabajar. De verdad : En el hotel Marriott es una excelente compañía para trabajar.solo en mi opinión.Quisiera que probaran.con el horario de entrada a las 10:00 am.con la posición.de hausekeeping .a trabajar a entrar a trabajar en la posición de hausekeeping a las 10:00 am.mis Saludos

not gonna lie here.

so day to day is pretty consistent, not to fast nor is it too slow. but management can change that in no time flat, giving one employee too much to do and in too little time to complete it. though coworkers make the experience fun, most of the time you cant even communicate on your breaks unless its lunch.

Pros

free lunches on Fridays, relatively relaxed coworkers

Cons

short or no breaks

Marriott is a overall good place to work

Hotels business is know joke! If you are not a people person don't even think about it! And Marriott will hold you to it. Love meeting new people. And Great co workers.

Overall a good place to work

The supervisor is very kind and understanding to ALL SITUATIONS and will work with you as much as possible. Your work alone so it’s a very relaxed but fast paced work knowing no one is over your shoulder all day. However, they don’t pay enough for all the work that needs to be done. And they need more English speaking workers to train new employees

Management is a joke

I was a maintenance technician mangers there are untrained in there jobs been through 9 maintenance techs in 6 months changed GM's no better worse actually had the department working well what do they do throw a monkey wrench in the middle stop paying overtime for on call and changing sed.everyday telling you to leave at different times to allow for on call on call don't happen that offten working maintenance down to 33 hours a week per person and over working you while your there total joke

Pros

Some good employees to work with very few everyone is mad

Cons

Management sucks

Not bad but not good.

I came here expecting to do great, awesome things in the kitchen but come to find out its all frozen, heat to order food. Limited on what I could do in the kitchen do to "high labor cost" not able to show my talent, was always told not to go above and beyond with food specials or preperation. Nothing is made from scratch. Its all from a box or a bag of powder mix. Only good thing is the pay.

Pros

Pay, smoke breaks

Cons

Poor quality food, managment.

Not a stable job

Management is not there to help you. Whatever you do it will not be appreciated. Don't trust anything anybody says there. don't waste your time definitely better places to work will treat you a lot better.

Pros

Zero

Cons

Everything about the place

It was okay

Management was kinda off, the atmosphere was relaxed and I prefer more fast paced. The coworkers are pretty cool though, that’s what kept me here so long

Great place to work.

Treated well, given opportunities I may not have received else where, and learned how to better yourself through repetition. They pay for classes in maintenance. You interact with city and county inspectors to know the laws and city codes.

Pros

Prestige

Cons

Money

Great employee appreciation & benefits, rough management

Great Employee appreciation system. Good benefits. Learned a lot and enjoyed the position I was in. Management is not great. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the swings of management from "you are amazing" to "you are absolutely terrible" constantly. Initial training was insufficient to be able to do the job correctly. If I would ask for help, I would scarcely receive it. I did not feel valued as an employee or secure in my role due to these constant issues with management. I would not refer other to this hotel.

Pros

Employee Appreciation System, Benefits, Wage

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Colorado Springs, CO