Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Columbus, GA

Found 36 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,195 reviews

Big Dogs

Working for Ram I have to say prepared me full force to take on the position at Marriott. While the RAM property I worked at had 82 Rooms the Marriott has 177 Rooms and it is a full service. While at RAM Front Desk usually substitute for housekeeping and bellman the Marriott has it available 24/7 so the Front Desk can focus on just the front desk.

Everyone was so nice

Marriott was the most cleanest motel I have ever seen. The people was there was so nice the supervisors they work with you no disrespect then everything just was real good there

Awesome Place

I learned so much about people, leadership, pushing myself to the limit, food science, organizational hierarchy, budgeting, coding invoices, and standing up for my team and myself. I appreciate all of it.

Marriott was fun to work for!

At Marriott I learned a lot about the hotel business and everything the company entails. I was taught by my supervisor that customer service is the most important in hospitality.

Managers

The environment was great meet alot of interesting people and made great connections. The management was shady and promised you things they couldn't keep. They management just wanted you to do there jobs while they kicked back and got paid.

Great Environment

I really loved working for this company. They had organizational skills and the management treated you fairly. Great environment to work for and great people.

Productive and great place to work.

I enjoyed working there and meeting many people. It was a home away from a home. They guest were like family members and were always welcomed with warm hearts.

Competitive workplace with horrible management and staff.

Although pay is fair, it will be expected of you To be over worked and treated like a slave. The management has no idea how to run a hotel and will likely belittle you on a daily Basis.

Pros

Room discounts, fair pay.

Cons

Horrible management, unfair workplace environment.

Very enjoyable experience friendly people to work with and you were able to meet people from all over the world that made the job exciting and new every day.

I highly recommend working here and staying as a guest there.

This is a great place to work. Great place to bring your family and friends. I love the area and the history of the hotel. Staff is friendly and warm.

Pros

Paid vacation

Cons

Salary could be more competitive

Opportunity to see a diverse culture of people

A typical day at work consisted of meeting new people I learned a lot about group housing sales Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.

Great work enviroment

Marriott is a great company to work for. I would love the opportunity to work for the company again. I learned a lot from Marriott through their training programs and regret I ever left the company.

Gain experience

It was a great job. You get to be involved in and around a lot of successful people. Fun work environment. Benefits can be received. They have a lot of events they put together for staff and their family. It can be a great learning experience.

Pros

Can lead to a lifelong career

Cons

Can be very stressful

fast paced exciting

Columbus Marriott was an exciting place located in Uptown. It was very upbeat. I was proud to be apart of the team. I enjoyed my co workers we were all one big family.

Pros

located uptown

Cons

guest were drunk alot due to partying

great company to work for

stocking and unloading trucks making sure the your product is accounted for and labeled make sure that your work space is clean and that in an event that you are approached by a customer you greet them with a smile and help them to the best of your ability

Pros

great company good benifits and nice personal

Cons

bi weekly pay

Valley Hospitality is terrible.

During the 18 monthly worked for Valley Hospitality, I saw 12 managers come and go, due to the insane lack of consideration for employees given by upper management. Pay is lousy, hours are demanding, you will get screamed at each week.

Always learning some new and interesting.

I have made a completely new change with the Marriott. In the past I have worked in the medical field and decided to try something new. I enjoy working at the Marriott and find it rewarding. I love attempting to meet the needs of customers. I do miss working in the medical field as that has been my profession all my life. I do not want leave the Marriott, but I would love to work doing what I do best. However I would love to continue at the Marriott on a part time basis.

Great business hotel

The employees are great to work with and guest love them! they make the hotel! We have a great restaurant that is loved by out of towners and the locals.

My time at the Marriott

a good place to work and earn a honest days pay. The job is a secure job not fancy or glorious but one that is needed and very few can do continuously. As you can see I have been here for over five years now They came through for me when I really needed a job and I have not regretted my time here at all.

Pros

quiet you work by yourself free sodas and water you get good exercise.

Cons

You can get lonely being that you work by yourself

Not

It would be best to work for corporate. Can be very busy but can be very slow depending on the season. Nothing hard about the job other than....Most enjoyable part would be the guest.

Pros

Discounts on rooms

Cons

insurance is horrible...no overtime

Fast paced long term stay hotel

Great place to work with great hours. I loved working there but the management was extremely poor. The AGM was rude and inconsiderate. Make sure you stay on them about requested days off or they will completely disregard them. I loved working with the families and soldiers that would come through.

Pros

Great Enviroment

Cons

Extremely poor and rude management

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Columbus, GA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?