Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

Found 155 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Great company, outstanding management, fantastic tips

My time spent at this location was amazing. The staff always made me feel welcome and the bar guest always were fun to talk to. You get a lot of lawyers and pilots which is great for conversation. We were at full capacity any times with the conventions, weddings, and events the hotel booked which was great for my pockets and made my shifts eventful. The upper management always made me feel heard, and I knew that if I wanted to work my way up in the industry it was only a matter of me asking. I definitely recommend working for Marriott, their values definitely aligned with mine and as a bartender it’s nice knowing that even with a somewhat early closing time you will still make money. Also the benefits!!! Very affordable. 10/10 top notch company

Pros

Pay, benefits, feeling welcome, job security

Cons

Not really much to list, as a bartender you know what you sign up for

Not fun and oppressive

You are treated as a number in a long list of employees that are overworked, underpaid, and not appreciated. The leadership only cares about themselves and making their BMW payments while everyone else keep their own cars together with wet toilet paper and masking tape.

Pros

Cons

All of them

Communication and appreciate

Communication and appreciate, They take care of you at your job. PTO paid vacation, birthdays off with pay. Discounts on the rooms. Great benefits. Great retirement plan.

Pros

Free lunch, appreciation weeks.

Rewarding work in OHSM

Marriott is a wonderful company to work for. The culture is very customer oriented and I rarely experienced any person working there that was not genuinely a nice person. Mr. Marriott’s philosophy is if you take care of the associates- they will take care of the guests. I loved my job there and would still be working there had the business not tanked thanks to COVID-19

Pros

Genuinely nice people to work for; good salary and benefits.

Cons

Hard to move up because turnover is so low, hardly any one leaves.

Great company to learn from.

During my time at Marriott I started as a supervisor position at the Gaylord Texan. Management team was wonderful and really took the extra time to assist in knowledge based learnings.

Pros

Great work environment

No work life balance

Mixed leadership. Some are phenomenal. Pandemic brought challenges with staffing that the company is not quick to rectify. Better experience prepandemic.

Fun depending on management

It was a great place to work depending on the people you worked with they could either make your day or stress you out to the point you wanted to quit. Not much encouragement to move up you have to make that decision yourself

All bad

Great place to stay away from..I would write more but will not bore you with the details of this place that holds little value for the people who work here and for the company and for the country and the free world.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Great company

Marriott international is a great company to work for. It has great benefits, great Leaders of course as any other jobs it has it’s ups and down but it’s dual.

Pros

Free meals

Flexibility & cross training

Gave me an opportunity to meet different ppl. It gave an opportunity to learn about the hotel industry. Got a chance to cross train in different departments.

Pros

Flexible schedule & location

Cons

Benefits

Great medical benefits and other benefits.Get a substantial discount when staying at Marriott hotelsCan cross-train to other positions throughout the property you are located

Innovative and fun work place!

I really enjoyed working for W Hotels. When it was still part of Starwood hotels and resorts, the company encouraged you to be innovative, be yourself and have fun at work!

Pros

Thought provoking work place to deliver whatever/whenever brand promise, stylish uniforms

Cons

Depending on the location, especially international properties, you might end up working for bad local managers..

Poor organization 0 opportunities to grow They hired people with 0 experience And that makes the job worse Because the pay is not good enough the have to hire the first person who applies And everything is about who is your friend

I wish I could have worked longer but I only word 2 days a week

I liked it but some times I feel unappreciated . Also thought that I would have make a good meal for the guest at the Marriott hotel. But I never asked could I make something

Unsupportive work environment

The job isn't all bad, but you should know that your managers will not protect you from guests and will put you at fault for guest issues whether you could have performed better or not. You will be yelled at and threatened for completing your job exactly as you were trained and then made to apologize by your managers. The only people who succeed in this business are cutthroats looking for the next promotion

Overall Good Experience

Marriott is an overall good company. The benefits are great and the experience you get it's nice. I think if I could do it over again, I'd choose a corporate hotel.

Was Fun

The Marriott as an overall company did what they had to do, but they could always do better. It was worth the money but the management could definately use improvement

Good company to work for

Great place to learn and grow quickly. Cares how the employees feels about their prospective areas. The management team holds everyone accountable and expect the beat from them.

Pros

Great culture, position advancement opportunities

Cons

Outdated systems.9

Great company

Great people great company great standards. Maintains very high product standards make life easy for all associates. Keeps accountability at all levels best company go to work must work in management company.

Great company

I've learned with Marriott so much, that if I start typing about everything that I've learned, I would need a couple of hours to finish. Great company to develop skills and take advantage of opportunities.

Toxic work environment.

In my entire life, I have never felt depressed or anxious until I started working at the Downtown Dallas Marriott. While many of the employees are friendly, the management is demeaning and militant.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Dallas, TX